Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Chibi Story ❯ ~*Halloween Specul*~ Part: 1 ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shashomiru: D: Donchu laugh at me I was busy.

Hack: Flirting with loooove. -insert heart-

Shashomiru: And we are once again on a specul time of the year, which calls for a specul Yugioh

Hack: Oh joy. -sarcasm-

Shashomiru: Yep! And this one is fascinating too. You may notice something quite…. Unique about it.

Hack: Oh? -sarcasm-

Shashomiru: Indeed. Just read. And now begins! The Halloween Specul!

It was Hallows evening and the young children of Yugioh were all skipping about, giggling, preparing their costumes and such for a night of Trick or Treating.

Yami sat at a table, sewing up one of the children's costume.

"Is it gunna be otay, Yami…?"

"Of course, Ryou. It was only a small thing." He nibbled on the thread with his teeth and held up Ryou's small, furry costume with a smile. "See? Good as new."

Ryou smiled innocently and took his costume. "Tank you, Yami!" He scurries to another room.

"I'ma farmer!" Yugi waved his hands about happily. His costume resembled that of the farmer and had hay sticking out of the limbs of his shirt and trousers, but his hat was much too big and covered his eyes.

"Oh yeah? Well Iiii'ma ." Tristan grinned.

"Oh. Well. It's better than what YOU pwobably gunna be. What are YOU supposed to be, Seto Kaaaaaiba?"

"Psht." Seto rubbed his nose. "I'm not dressin' up. Dressin' up is for babies."

"Mokuba is a baby."

"Yeah, and is he dressing up tonight?"

Joey looked around and sighed.

"Exactly."

Ryou purred and pounced onto Malik, giggling. "Rawr!"

Malik laughed a bit and nudged Ryou. "What are you doin'?"

"I'ma Kitty tonight! Elegant and strong!" He snarled a bit and nibbled at Malik's shoulder. His costume was exceptionally sweet—white and fluffy, particularly matching his hair and pale complexion. Ryou especially loved the fluffy tail.

"Haha!" He pet Ryou, giggling.

"Hey, where's Tèa?" Yugi looked about curiously searching for her.

"I know what'll make her feel better… Why don't you bring her lots of Candy home for her?"

Yugi's spirit was instantly lifted. "Good idea, Yami!"

Everyone looked up at Hack. They stared at Hack with a bit of awe and inspected his costume. His entire costume consisted of n different places where zippers an were attached, along with tall, strapped up boots. He wore a hooded-tank top, much like Malik's, that far exceeded above his bellybutton. He wore gloves anA cape fluttered behind him. His hair was somewhat pulled back with a bandana but his long hair still covered his eyes a bit. Golden earring glistened in the light from his earlobes and he clung in his right hand a long, dark staff. All of this was accompanied with a pair of feathery wings.

His costume was really no different from what he usually wears but today was particular.

Yugi stared at him innocently. "I wike your costume, Hack…"

"Yeah...thanks.. when are we venturing?"

Malik stood up and stared at Hack. "How is it that you just walk in here and one-up us with your high-class costume."

Hack raised an eyebrow.

"What are you supposed to be, anyway?"

"…Well, if you MUST know. I'm a sorcerer."

"Psht." Malik crossed his arms and his head. His costume was much the same, only slightly different. Instead, his whole outfit was a bright pinkish color. A soft scarf wrapped lightly about his shoulders and mouth instead of a cape. A bright pink bandana lightly pulled back his hair a bit, exposing his golden, dangling earrings.

"Alright kids, that's enough. I think it's dark enough to go Trick-or-Treating now."

The children jumped up with glee and hurried through the door.

Seto as he walked along next to the little red wagon carrying Chibies.

Yugi giggled a bit.

"Gaaah.. Well if I'm going to have to be dwagged along, I'm going to be dwagged along in style." Seto grabbed Ryou and pulled him from the little wagon onto the ground, then hopped in and sat down.

"Seto, you!" Malik hopped from the wagon and helped his friend up.

"So anyway… since I'm the oldest, I'm deciding where we go."

"Actually, youngling," "I am the eldest."

Yugi shyly looked at Seto. "I tink he's wiiiight Seto."

Seto stared at Yugi then at Hack. "So you're five in a half. Bigass whoop."

"indeed." Hack continued on pulling the wagon along. "Therefore, I choose where we go. And we're going to do things a liiiiiiil' bit different."

"Different?" Joey blinked. "What kinda different?"

"A new tradition I've been playing since I was 2.

All the children gulped.

"Uh…. Hack.."

Ryou and Malik stayed close to each other.

"Yeah, Yami said to be, wemember?" Tristan poked his hat over his eyes.

"Oh, yes. We're still going." Hack took a turn from the road that made all the children jump. He walked forward into the woods…

All the children looked up a clutched their candy bags and the edges of the wagon. Hack lowered his head and smirked.

"Hack… Hack are you sure" Yugi huddled close to his empty candy bag.

"We're almost there anyway." Hack pressed on.

The woods were somewhat quiet and dark; the only light that shown was that of the full moon, which lit the way to Hack's destination. It was chilly and the small Chibies shivered and huddled close to each other.

Seto shook the wagon. "Hack, we've been walking forever, where are you taking us!?"

"Walking? The only walking that has been done here is from me and the two of you"

"Grr…"

"But weally. When are we getting dere?" Ryou spoke shyly, staying close to Malik for warmth.

"Gosh, just be quiet already! We're here, okay, we're here!" Hack came to a sudden halt and let go of the wagon lever,

"What was dat for?" Tristan slowly began to crawl from the wagon.

"Gyah. Enough of the questions! Now and follow me." Hack wrapped himself in his cape and started forward.

The Chibies followed shortly behind.

Hack led them forward calmly through the somewhat clear woods. He above stumps and other things, and they soon met to a small stream, which he stepped through without haste.

Malik and Ryou stared at the tiny stream then one at a time leaped over it.

As they continued forward a small splash and a sound made them all pause and turn around. To their un-surprise, Joey laid on his back across the stream. He sniveled and stood up, rubbing his nose.

"When are we going ta be dere!? And where's my candy?!"

"We're here, alright? Just past this bend." Hack continued forward and paused at a tall thicket that arched like a gate between the trees. He continued forward.

The children wandered through the arch up to a cottage.

They all stared up in awe, the moonlight softly reflecting from their soft cheeks when a loud scraping noise quickly caught their attention. They all looked to the cottage.

"Boarded it up again…" Hack pulled at the boards with all his strength. The nails creaked as they slipped from the board beneath and was pulled loose. "Ugh."

"Hack, what are you doing?" Malik blinked.

"This is the place. We're getting in somehow and I'm not going through the Chimney."

Malik stared. "Okay then… why?"

"Because only fat bastards go through the chimney. You know… the type that eats cookies? And ride reindeer to your mom's house…"

"You know what I meant you…"

"Psht…" He continued to work at the boards, straining and grunting.

Malik stood behind Ryou.

"Hack, we awen't sewiously going in dere aw we…?" Yugi fidgeted.

"You bet."

Tristan turned heel and began to walk away.

"You wish. I know where the key is." Hack slid his fingers along the door paneling and slipped his fingers through the edges of it.

All the Chibies watched him silently.

"Agh!"

They all jumped up as Hack pulled back

Ryou gasped.

After a long pause and a small bit of scurrying, he pulled a long key from one of the edges. "There it is" He put it in the keyhole and unlocked the door. "Here we go, children."

The door was certainly something to opening but eventually gave in after a hard plate of coaxing. Hack paused and turned to everyone standing beneath the moon. "Well? Come on." And entered.

All the children looked at each other except for Ryou, who stared directly at the house and continued in after a long pause. The other Chibies followed.

"It's weally dawk…" Joey crossed his arms and inched closer to the group.

"Of course"

"Hack, how do you know so much about dis house?" Ryou tilted his head and stared at him.

"I have my ways. It isn't like I haven't been here before."

Seto chuckled. "Obviously."

"But why aw we hewe?" Yugi shuddered.

"Well, my boy, we're here to play a game…."

"What kind of game?" Ryou searched for Hack.

"A game I like to call…" He paused at the fireplace and turned to them, a maniacal look on his face. "Have Fun…" He tugged on a long rope hanging inconspicuously next to him and all the Chibies went through the floor.

Their voices echoed through the cottage, through the woods and towards the moon… The game had begun… But where would it lead…?

Shashomiru: A good game for sure.

Hack: Oh, joy.

Shashomiru: The next chapter to this lovely Specul would be added later. Much later. I was planning on updating it next Halloween, but obviously that would take too long. So I'll just do so on other Holidays—along with other new Holiday Speculs.

Hack: Yep…