Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Day At the Park ❯ Carnival Part 2 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6: Carnival! Part 2

***

At the booth, Yugi felt his yami's presence beside him. "Hey, they have a Black Magician plushie as one of the prizes!" Yugi pointed out.

Yami looked up and indeed there was Black Magician plush. Along with it there was a Kuriboh and a Black Magician Girl one too. The King of Games was up for a challenge.

"Aibou, I'm going to win you that Black Magician," he confidently said. He signaled Yugi for the tickets with his hand.

"Are you sure, Yami?" He dug into his pocket and handed them over.

"Of course. How hard could this be?" Yami approached a man sleeping in a chair who seem to be running the stand. He cleared his throat. "Uh.. Excuse me."

No answer.

"Heeello?"

Still sleeping.

Yami's impatience ran out. "WAKE UP!"

The startled man woke up. "Huh? What? Oh… you want to play a game of balloon darts?"

Yami sighed. "Uh, yeah. How much for a game?"

The sleepy-eyed man held up three fingers. "Three tickets will get you five darts." He yawned. "You need to pop three balloons in order to win a prize."

"Alright then." He slapped down three tickets on the counter. "One game, please"

The man slowly stood up and handed five darts to Yami. "Good luck."

Yugi cheered for Yami. "Come on Yami! I know you can do it!"

He turned and winked at Yugi before taking his first shot. Carefully, he aimed for the yellow balloon at the bottom of the board. He threw the dart. It hit the balloon, but strangely it didn't pop. Yugi moaned in disappointment.

"Awww…"

"Looks like you're going to have to throw a little bit harder," the man suggested before yawning again.

Yami nodded to himself. //Don't worry, aibou. I will get you that prize.//

/It's okay if you don't get it. It's no big deal. It's just a prize./

//I know. But I want get it for you and I will!//

/Yami…/

Yami took aim this time and concentrated on a red balloon right in the middle. With a little more strength, he threw the dart at the target.

The red balloon popped!

"Yay!" Yugi cheered

Yami threw his next two darts. One popped and one missed.

'All right Yami, concentrate now. You really want to win that prize for your beloved koi' He said to himself.

Slowly the dart homed into its target, gently pressing the rubbery surface with its sharp point, and…

It popped.

"Yay! Yugi cheered once again.

"Say, you're pretty good." The man complemented. "How about instead of one I give you two prizes for both of you guys. Not many people win at this game ya' know."

"Okay… How about you pick, aibou?"

"Me? If you say so. Um, the Black Magician one of course and… the one right next to it, the Kuriboh."

The man handed the prizes to Yugi. "Here ya' go, Thanks for playing" He went straight back to his chair and started to snore again.

Yugi turned to Yami. "Here you can have this one. You won it in the first place," showing him the Kuriboh.

Yami shook his head. "No, you keep it. I…"

Some cackling interrupted him. "So look who's here. It's the pharaoh and his look-alike."

"What are you doing here Marik?" Yami sneered at the blond Egyptian.

Marik(the yami) pulled his partner over. "Why having some fun with my koi of course." He spotted the plushies in Yugi's arms. "I see you two have been busy playing those stupid games. Figures."

"At least, he can win at them. It took you seven tries just to knock down those bottles," Malik said

"SHUT UP!" Marik yelled at Malik's face. He turned away and muttered to himself. "Stupid, fucking bottles,"

"Then where's you're prize?" Yugi asked.

Malik gestured to the trash can."The asshole gave us a fucking bear. So I threw it away."

"Oh…" Yugi regretted asking.

Yami firmly held Yugi's hand. //Yugi, come on. I don't like being around those two.//

Marik snapped out of his sulking. "Heeey, about all of us go on the bumper cars?" He laughed to himself as if he had something planned.

"Let me think… NO. Come on aibou," He started to turn away.

Marik grabbed Yami by the shoulder forcing him to stop. "Aww… come on Yami old pal. You know Malik and I won't do anything bad and besides we'll follow you around until you do,"

Yami took a glance at Marik's face over his shoulder. There was a malicious grin plastered on the psycho's face. He knew it meant trouble, but he didn't wanted those two following him all night so…

//Aibou, I'm afraid we're going to have to go on the bumper cars with them.// He cringed at the thought.

/That's fine, as long as we go on the Ferris Wheel next.//

//Are you sure?//

/Postitve./

"Fine. Marik," He said in a miserable tone. "We'll go on the bumper cars with you JUST so you two will leave us ALONE. Got it?"

"Got it." Marik winked at his partner who did so back.

'I'm going to regret this.' Yami thought as he followed Malik and his yami to the ride.

***

"I call this one!" Marik pushed his way through and sat in the seat of a red bumper car. Malik went with him.

'Grr… I can't STAND those two!' Yami gritted his teeth.

"Yami over here!" Yugi waved over.

"Coming!" Yami walked over to the blue bumper car. Yugi was sitting in the passenger seat with his plushies. Yami got in the driver in the side.

//So you want me to drive?//

/Uh huh…/ Yami sense some nervousness in Yugi. /I figured since you know… Malik and Marik are here./

//Yeah…// The pharaoh clutched on the steering wheel and his gazing amethyst eyes turned to their "friends." Malik and Marik happily waved at him. The yami was in the driver's seat.

"Ready to have some fun, Pharaoh?" he yelled. There was a glint his eye or it could have been the shine from the lights.

"Oh, yeah. I'm ready to get it on," Yami said to himself. Yugi peered over and laughed nervously while grasping the Kuriboh and Black Magician plushie to his chest.

"Are you guys READY?" the announcer shouted.

"YEAH!" was the anonymous response the crowd gave.

"THEN LEEET"S GO!" The bumper cars were turned on.

"Woah!" was Yami's response. He just remembered he had never driven any of type of modern vehicle before.

//Yugi! How do you move this thing?!// There was panic in his voice.

/Sorry Yami! I forgot to tell you. Just turn the wheel and press the pedal by your foot!/ Yugi squeaked as they jolted backwards.

"Serves you right!!" Malik laughed. They were facing each other. Marik kept slamming his car into Yami's. Yugi winced. They were stuck between the wall and Marik.

That was the last straw. Yami's patience had just run out. He was boiling kettle and he was whistling!

"Grrr, I had ENOUGH of you two for one night!!" Yami slammed his foot on the pedal and ran into the Marik and Malik, which amazingly caused them to go all the way to the other side of the arena, and crashed into the side. Then it caused a chain reaction and short-circuited the ride.

Everything suddenly stopped.

The intercom stuttered."I… Er… Uh… Sorry folks but due to uh… technical difficulties we're going to have to stop."

The whole crowd moaned and got out of their cars.

Yami sat there speechless. Yugi took a peek around and slowing took a deep breath."Ummm… assuming that Malik and Marik are okay, how about we spend the last of our tickets on the Ferris Wheel?"

Yami nodded. Who knew carnival rides could be dangerous?

***

Yugi sighed into Yami's shoulder. They had the rest of the night to themselves. Malik and Marik decided it was best to go home right after the incident before they get in real trouble.

Yami looked at the moon as they went at the top of the Ferris Wheel. "The moon is really beautiful tonight" he commented.

Yugi looked up. "Yeah…" He snuggled up closer to the warmth and cuddled his Kuriboh and Black Magician. "Yami, thanks for the plushies."

"No problem. Anything for you, koi."

Yugi asked, "Did you have fun today?"

"Of course I did," he kissed Yugi head. "Way more than we would have had at the arcade."

(That's not the end!)

***

Later that night when the couple was walking home hand and hand, Yami suddenly stopped in front of a mini-mart.

"Yami, why'd you stop?" Yugi didn't have any clue what he was doing. He was sleepy and was ready to go home to his nice warm bed.

"Aibou, you wouldn't happened to have some change leftover, do you?"

"Yeah, I saved four dollars just in case, why?" He yawned.

"I.. Just need to get something, nothing important." Yami led Yugi to bench right outside the store. "You just sit right here while I go inside. It'll only take a few minutes."

"Oh, okay," Yugi started to close his eyes when Yami walked through the door.

It only seem that only a few minutes passed when Yami came back out again. This time with a paper bag in hand. "Wake up, aibou. I got what I needed." He shook Yugi's shoulder.

"W-what did you get?" Yugi stretched and yawned He was still half-asleep.

Yami helped Yugi up. "It's nothing. Just something that we need for the game we're going to play tonight." He had a sly smile in his face.

Yugi hung on Yami's arm as they walked home. "A game? What game?" Yugi started to close his eyes again.

Yami tried to sound innocent as possible so Yugi wouldn't realized what exactly he was up to. "Oh, just a game called Cops and Robbers… I can be the policeman and you can be the criminal I catch…" He paused and took a glance at Yugi who was fast asleep. "Does that sound all right to you?"

/Yeah… sure whatever. Just wake me when we get home…/

Yami cheered inside his head. 'Yes! Yugi has fallen into my "trap! It's only fair that I get to play a little game too after today.' He grinned at the small brown bag in his hand where his newly bought handcuffs were. 'And I haven't forgotten about his little comment on my screaming. I'm going to have so much fun tonight…'

***

Weird ending? Yeah I know. But I wanted to end this, so I can concentrate more on my other fics. This is was just something for me to play with so I could get started.

I'm also thinking of starting another a new fic. *grins* YamixYugi of course. If you're really curious of what it is check out my bio. It's going to be based on a Japanese fanart I saw.