Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A glimpse of what's to come... ❯ The new lives ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I own, my OC's the plot and the pairings. Not YGO itself, nor the future.
 
Sonja: *on phone* Hello, Kaiba? Yea, it's Sonja…I know I'm not supposed to call but I want to know something…what's your original name??...You're not telling? Oh please… Who're you calling a B****, you F***ing ***hole!?!?! *Slams receiver* *Storms off to her computer* D*** him!!!!!
 
Jake: (((O.O)))000 O…M…G…
 
Sonja: *happy again* On with the fic!!!
 
Ages (present versions):
 
Yugi - 16
Joey, Tea, Ryou and Tristan - 17
Kaiba - 19 (Sry but I think he's older than the rest of them)
Grandpa - 53 (just a guess)
***************************************************************** ****************
 
When the flash died down, Ryou saw that Joey and Yugi were sprawled out on the ground, their duel disks missing and their decks in their hands. Tea rushed to Yugi while Tristan hurried to Joey. He then heard snickering echoing in his mind.
 
:> What did you do, Bakura??<: Ryou asked angrily.
 
<I did nothing, Yadonoushi (Sp?)…To them…> The spirit said innocently.
 
:> What did you DO?!?<: Ryou asked again, anger boiling in his voice.
 
<I merely inserted a bit of my shadow powers into Joey's Time Wizard.> Bakura replied, snickering.
 
Suddenly, he heard Tea exclaim: “Where are we!?!?!”
 
Ryou looked around. She was right; they were in an unfamiliar place. They were in the park when Joey and Yugi were dueling, in a clearing surrounded by trees. But now they were in a garden with beautiful flowers and very few trees in sight.
 
“Umm, guys?” Ryou asked aloud, noticing that Yugi and Joey were already conscious.
 
“What happened, Ryou?” Yugi asked.
 
“Bakura inserted some Shadow Magic into Time Wizard. That's all I got out of him.” Ryou explained, trying to ignore the howling laughter in his mind.
 
Yugi tried to recall what happened. “And Joey used it's Time roulette and…” Yugi's eyes widened.
“We must be in the future!!!” He exclaimed.
 
“Da future?? Are ya serious?!?!” Joey asked, dumbfounded.
 
“I think so, the time roulette speeds up time so the monsters will be destroyed, right? So with shadow magic, it must've sent us into the future!” Yugi mused.
 
“Aww nuts! Dis is all Bakura's fault!” Joey said, stomping his foot.
 
“Anyway, If were still in Domino Park, when are we??” Tristan asked.
 
Yugi looked around. Yugi saw someone drop the latest newspaper into a nearby trashcan. Yugi fished it out and showed it to everyone.
 
Yugi read the date out loud. “Sunday, August 5, 2030.”
 
“Twenty-five years?!?” Tea cried out, awestruck. “We're twenty-five years in the future?!?” She looked around hurriedly. “Hmm… Nothing much has changed.” She said.
 
“Oh yeah?” Tristan asked, pointing to something in the distance. “Explain that.”
 
Everyone looked at the direction Tristan was pointing. In the distance, they saw a huge skyscraper towering over all the others. What was eye-catching was the large `KC' emblazoned in brass on its top floor.
 
“Looks like Kaiba did some renovating.” Joey said jokingly. Everyone wondered where to go. They were 25 years in the future, where would you go??
 
“Let's try to find our homes.” Ryou suggested.
 
“Good idea. Let's start with mine.” Yugi said, heading off to his home.
 
*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*
 
“Whoa…” Joey said in awe as they looked at Yugi's house.
 
It was still there; just it was a bit bigger. It was no longer a shop, but it had a dome roof and a garage. And there was a little garden in front. And also, it had a little cat door in front.
 
“Wow, do I still live here??” Yugi asked himself.
 
Just then, the door opened, and Yugi and co. ducked behind the garage. Who they saw was a 41- year old Yugi.
 
He still had purple eyes and tri-color hair; it just didn't stand up in a star shape anymore. His bangs are still lightning shaped, but they were considerably smaller now. His hairline was red and wavy and the majority of his hair was black. He was even taller, around 5'6 or 5'8. He was wearing a purple suit and black leather shoes. but one thing still stayed the same: he STILL had a neck buckle, but it's hidden under his tie.
 
“Goodbye, see you at dinner.” The older Yugi said in a slightly deeper baritone than the teen Yugi, waving back at a person unable to be seen from the teens' POV.
 
“See you, honey!” A woman's voice replied. “Good luck with the case!”
 
The older Yugi opened the door of the garage and drove off in a gold-colored Toyota Innova. (My fave brand of car)
 
The teens' watched in awe. Yugi had his mouth hanging open.
 
Joey was the first to speak. “Look at dis way: (1) You're gonna get married, (2) you're gonna get a job as a lawya, (3) Ya gonna get a nice car and most of all (4) You're gonna get talla.” He said with a laugh, counting off on his fingers.
 
Everybody let out a hushed laugh. Even Yugi saw what was funny and joined in the laughed. “The question is: Who??” He said.
 
Everyone peeked into the window of the house and saw a 42- year old Tea.
 
She had let her hair grow out further than her shoulders and she tied it back into a ponytail. She was wearing a yellow dress and a pair of yellow bedroom slippers and she was dusting some trophies in a cabinet.
 
“Oh…good…lord…”Ryou breathed. He looked at Yugi and Tea, who were avoiding eye contact and blushing.
 
Joey and Tristan brought Yugi and Tea closer together and said: “Please welcome Mr. & Mrs. Motou!”
 
“Oh shut up!” Tea protested; her cheeks red. Then they heard a noise coming from inside the house.
 
The older Tea was calling to someone upstairs. “Maya, can you come down here?”
 
A girl's voice replied. “Sure!” Then they saw a girl descend the stairs.
 
“OMG!!!” Tea exclaimed when she saw the girl. “I've got a…”
 
“…daughter.” Yugi finished Tea's sentence, his jaw wide open.
 
She was definitely Yugi's daughter. She was around 5'2, she had shoulder length hair, tri colored like her father and she had her mother's sparking blue eyes. She also had her father's love for leather, since she was wearing a leather jacket and pants. But she adopted her mother's liking for mini t-shirts. She also had a lot of jewelries on her hands and around her neck.
 
“Why did you call me?” Maya asked her mother.
 
“I need you to dust these trophies. I need to feed the baby.” The older Tea explained.
 
Back outside, the teenage Tea was blushing again. “Two kids?!?” She squealed.
 
“Whoa, she's hot!!” Joey said, glancing at Maya's figure. Tea slapped him on the back of his head. “That's my future daughter, you pervert!” She scolded.
 
“Hey, guys…” Tristan called, pointing at the window; “Do you see what I see?”
 
Everyone looked into the window. Among the various trophies was the Millennium Puzzle on a stand.
 
“I kept it?” Yugi thought aloud.
 
Maya was looking at the Puzzle with vague interest. “I wonder why daddy kept this little doohickey…” She thought aloud, taking the Puzzle off the stand and examining it. “Whoa, no wonder. It's 24 karat. And ancient, too.” She turned the Puzzle in her hands. “Hmm… huh?” She accidentally took off a piece. “It's a puzzle? I thought it was just a weird trophy. “Hmm…” Maya disassembled the Puzzle and after a few tries, reassembled it again. “I know mom said that daddy was a gamer back when he was my age. But I didn't know that his most prized possession was a game too…”
 
Just then, Maya heard someone call her name from upstairs. She ran back up the stairs.
 
Outside, Joey was rubbing the back of his head gently. “Okay, no more gawkin' at ya kids.” He said angrily at Tea.
 
“Why are you looking at Maya's house like that?” A voice asked from behind the five.
 
They turned around and saw a girl. She was blonde; she had long hair tied into a single braid, her bangs covering her almond brown eyes. She was wearing a blue denim jacket with a white blouse and faded blue denim bootleg pants with rubber shoes.
 
“Who are you guys and why are you peeping into Maya's house??” The blonde asked again, suspicious eyes shifting from face to face.
 
“I…um…we…uh…” Yugi struggled to explain, but Joey stepped forward. “Who are ya first?” He asked bravely.
 
“I'm Maya's best friend, who's she to you?” The girl asked, matching Joey's bravery.
 
The girl and Joey locked eyes. Suddenly, the girl's eyes widened with amazement. She reached into her pocket, pulled out her wallet and looked at a picture inside. “No way in heck…” She muttered.
 
“What's dat?” Joey asked.
 
She showed them the picture. “Why do you look like dad?” She asked accusingly.
 
“Dad??” Joey asked in disbelief.
 
“Yeah. My name's Jina Amelia Wheeler. Who're you?” She said.
 
&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*& *&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&a mp;*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*
 
Sonja: YAY! Done!!!!!!!
 
Jake: *massages Sonja's shoulders*
 
Sonja: Thanks. I'll just call it a day and leave it at that.
 
Jake: C'ya next chapter!!
 
Sonja: Review please!!!