Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A mended Heart ❯ Together for an eternity ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ok everyone, I know it's been a while, but I really do have my reasons. I'd rather not say most of them, just know I have reasons for not updating. Sorry to keep you all waiting, but here you go.

Two months short of half a year. That's how long it's been since the death of Mr. Solomon Moto. Many of the group still walk around with sad faces, longing for his return. One past event would cause you to think that Yugi had become deluded. He sat outside of the game shop, just waiting-- hoping.

"It's been a while, hasn't it Yami? Since we saw Grandpa?"

[Yes, it has.]

"When do you think he'll come back home? Everything has been so different since he left. I wish he'd hurry up and come back home."

Yami looked on with sympathy at his counterpart. He knew it had been hard for Yugi, but he had no clue it had almost driven him to the point of insanity.

[Yugi....he's not coming back. He can't.]

Yugi looked up to see his transparent yami standing near him. He stared with a strange, childish smile. "He'll come back to me. He won't leave me here. He's Grandpa. He wouldn't do that." Yugi smiled once more. "He'll be back."


Joey stood at the register, awaiting the salvation he desired. His seemingly endless day was far from over....all he waiting for now, was for his relieve to come him.

"....This guy is always so late." He ran a hand through his thick, blonde hair, balling it up into a fist at one point. "Gah!!! Why is he never on time!! Sheesh.....get a new alarm clock or something..c'mon buddy, hurry up!"

As if one que, Joey's relief walked through the door. He sighed in relaxed contentment, as he took off the uniform apron and hat. He handed the incoming man a list of duties, then left for home.

Joey was so engrossed with his thoughts, he didn't even realize he had run into someone. At eye level, he saw a few shiny, gold buttons. Behind them, he saw purple. A dark purple. Filling in this violet clothing, was none other than the infamous CEO of Kaiba Corporation...Seto Kaiba, himself.

"Watch we're you're going, Wheeler." His voice was as cold as usual- lacking any compassion whatsoever.

"Eh...sorry Kaiba. I didn't mean to.."

"Just pay attention next time. Now get out of my way."

Joey was enraged by this cut off. " What??!! Oh..I get it. Mr. ' I'm all big and powerful and above everyone else.' Maybe you should pay mind to who you're walking near!"

"Don't cock an attitude, Wheeler. Don't disrespect your master."

"My mas-- ... Are you going back to that dog thing again???!? Oh please! I'd make more of a dog then you ever would! I can see it now..... A dog show! All these lights...and the people..and their dogs. There I am....a strong, healthy, purebred Golden Lab, with a glossy coat, and a deep growl. Then...over to my left..." His voice became higher in pitch. "A small little anorexic-looking lap dog. I see a mutt, with a dog-tag reading Seto Kaiba."

"Are you comparing me to somekind of dog? Don't bring me to your level, Wheeler."

"You're no better than a stray, yourself. You're bark is worse than your bite. Your only weapon is words, Seto Kaiba."

"Whatever, Wheeler. You're wasting my time."

Kaiba walked off with a scowl on his face. He did not bother to look back at Joey, and went along with his own business.


" Ryou..."

"Hm?"

"I'm worried about Yugi"

"Don't be. Alex. He'll be fine. He just needs to....relax a bit. He needs to calm his nerves. He is still unsure of things going on right now."

Alexandra stood up and walked over into Ryou's open arms. She relaxed in his embrace, and allowed his soft breathing to sooth her. Much against her own morals, they had grown very close over the past 4 months. She didn't want to allow herself to fall again, but there was something different about this man. Ryou..he was something else. Especially to her. He was the only one who liked her for who she was. He didn't judge by the cover, and he didn't expect anything. He was faithful, and trustworthy. Unlike others she's known.

He held her close to his chest, never wanting to let go. He had finally found out about her past...about her being betrayed, and he wanted nothing more than her happiness. Holding her ever so tightly, he wished to bring her into a world that knew no sorrow. A world set far away from reality. A world all their own.

Alexandra could tell he was deep in thought, by the expression on his face. She didn't want to intrude, so she just stayed like that- in his arms. She was comfortable anyway. This was the happiness that she had always desired. The happiness she always wanted, but could never have. Now she'd found it in this individual...the one called Ryou.

The two of them stood outside, on a balcony easing it's way right out of Ryou's bedroom window. The air held a chill that caused Alexandra to shiver. Even though she was wrapped up in Ryou's arms, her teeth chattered and she trembled.

He felt this, and brought her inside. They didn't do much speaking fo the time being. Simply enjoying each other's company was good enough for the both of them. They had something different. They had this mutual bond, that didn't require words. Their words were spoken through looks. Looks of compassion and love. Looks of understanding and knowing. Even looks of lust passed over their eyes every now and then.

" I should get going now. It's late. "

He looked at her. "You shouldn't have to walk home at this time of night. There's plenty of room in this household. You are welcome to stay. Please, I insist that you do. I'd drive you home, but," he sweatdropped, "I don't have a car." He chuckled.

"I.....I wouldn't want to impose."

He smiled again. "I'd be insulted if you didn't stay. Come now... I'll show you to your room."

She nodded and followed him to a large-sized room. The bed was huge, covered with black, silk sheets, a large comforter, and matching pillows lined with gold trimmings. The floor was carpeted with a beautiful rug; across from the bed was a large dresser, lying on it, a small handheld mirror. Next to that, was a small desk clock. It was absolutely gorgeous. Alexandra walked up to it and gently picked it up. On the back of the clock, was one of her favorite animals- the tiger. Engraved on the front, it read:

To Alexandra:

An eternity we shall spend together. The clock will never end.
Only time can tell what tomorrow will bring.
Love Ryou.
Forever by your side.

She gasped. She gently set the clock back down, ran over to Ryou, and hugged him. She was not one for sentimentality or theatrics, but somehow, a single tear escaped from her eye. She looked up at him with a wide smile. "Thank you...thank you so much. I really, really do appreciate this. So much...you've made me so happy...just so happy." She buried her head into his chest, once more, allowing a few tears to roll down her cheek.

He looked down at her; he lifted her chin with his forefinger, and caressed her cheeck lovingly. He brought her face up to meet his and planted a soft kiss on her lips.

She looked up at him with a stunned expression. He simply smiled at her, more love in his eyes than ever. This is what he truly wanted. This is everything he had longed for. Someone to love.

"Goodnight Alex....and thank you."

people...there you go. I know, I know, it's short...but this is the most I could do with my current condition (for those who know what it is, my arm is also being affected). Please review.