Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Purple Heart ❯ Episode 2 - Open Your Heart ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A Purple Heart
Episode Two - Open Your Heart


Open your heart to me, baby
I hold the lock and you hold the key
Open your heart to me, darlin'
I'll give you love if you, you turn the key

-Madonna


It's early. Too early according to his tired body. He's been so tired lately...since Yami's been coming home less often. Sure he's here now, but it's not the same.

The birds are singing in pairs. He feels a brief pang of jealousy, but it's quickly overshadowed by the dull ache of loneliness that fills his small being these days. So much so, that it's become difficult to hide it from the ancient Egyptian. He doesn't want Yami, and in turn Anzu and the rest of his friends, to be unhappy just because he is.

Approaching his school, it's easy to hear an excited commotion. His curiosity piqued, Yugi squeezes through the crowd consisting of mainly the school's female population. Finally, he gets within sight of everyone's fascination.

He thought his heart stopped.

Long purple tresses.
Startling blue eyes.

He must need glasses or a psychologist, something...he can't be staring at the Dark Magician. The Dark Magician would never wear a student-teacher uniform with the sleeves rolled up and the first couple buttons undone...that's a good look for him.

Those eyes lock with his, strong and sharp.

His legs feel about as sturdy as jelly.

The man is tall, at least six-feet if not a little taller, easily dwarfing his five-feet two-inches. Those blue orbs never waver in their gaze; long legs carry him in a smooth stride through the crowd. Yugi's sure his pale cheeks are flushed.

"Muto-kun, correct?"

He's talking to him! He knows his name! Kami-sama...his heart is going to burst...it's pounding so hard in his chest. He has to remember to breathe.

"Ha-hai..."

The man...has a gorgeous smile.

:"Aibou?":
::"Not now, Yami."::
:"???":

"I'm the new student-teacher Mahotsukai Ankoku. You've been assigned my guide for today."
"H-ha-hai."

So easy...
He gets the feeling it would be so easy to love this man...Mahotsukai.

No.

Ankoku.

But...

Bu t...

Will he love him...?

No! He can't think about things like that! No one he loves ever loves him back! It's pointless.

Pointless.

Please...

Ankoku...
Don't make my heart beat so hard...










Okay, so I'm not actually sure how tall Yugi is. But he doesn't look at that big and since I don't know how tall he does get, I decided to make him my height. :P Not too short, but not tall either.
And if you're confused, don't worry. >^^< Things will clear up in later parts.