Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Purple Heart ❯ Episode 3 - A Complicated Heart ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A Purple Heart
Episode Three - A Complicated Heart


Don't know what to say now
Don't know where to start
I don't know how to handle
A complicated heart

-Michael Learns To Rock


It's been three weeks.
Three long, agonizing, delightful weeks.

His reluctant infatuation didn't go unnoticed by Yami, the Egyptian having picked it up before the end of the first day, in spite of his efforts to block the feeling from him. Anzu also noticed within a couple days, though Jounouchi and Honda didn't know until Anzu started playfully teasing him about the matter.

It is a little strange...to be interested in someone who looks like the one you consider your Champion.

A shiver crawls down his spine.

Ankoku...Ankoku's looking at him.

He can feel it.

Eyes briefly meet then part as the teacher calls the elder of the two for assistance.

Yugi breathes again, breath shallow and light, his cheeks warm and colored powder pink like a young rose.

:"Aibou...?":
::"Hmm?"::
:"I don't like him.":
::"Him who?"::
:Narrowed eyes glance to the young man speaking with the teacher. "Mahotsukai.":
::"Why not...?"::
:"Something's...off, about him.":
::"You're just being paranoid."::
:"Aibou," the normally affectionate word is nearly hissed, "Do not take me lightly.":
::"There's nothing wrong with him, Yami. He's just a student-teacher.":: Who sends chills tearing down his body in the most wonderful of ways...

Damn. What did Yami just say?

::"Sorry, what was that?"::
:Snort. "I said-":

The bell rings.

:"Tell me when we get home.": Yugi turns his attention away from the ancient spirit, gathering his books and papers, taking a moment to stare at his homework assignment. A heavy sigh escapes full lips.

"Muto-kun?"
"Hai, sensei?"
"I've noticed your grades dropping. Are you having trouble understanding the formulas?"
"A little." The man nods.
"Have you thought about a tutor?"
"Kind of..."
"I see, I see. If you want, I could assign someone to you. Just tell me when's most convenient for you."
"Eto...most evenings really, sensei. Ano...if possible...could the tutor come over tonight?" The teacher chuckles.
"I'll see about it."

:"I thought we were going to the movies.":
::"You can go. I have to worry about my grades.":: You're only going to make out with Anzu anyway.
:"...":


The evening breeze is pleasant, refreshing to his frazzled senses. The old clock on the bare wall fills the quaint room with its ticks, counting the seconds away.

Tick.
Tick.
Tick.
Tick.

Inhale.
Exh ale.
Inhale.
Exhale.

Goosebumps prickle up his slender arms.

That scent on the wind...sweet and mellow...mysterious...

Ankoku.

"Yugi! Your tutor is here!"
"Okay, Grandpa!"

No...no way...

It can't be.

Not him...

Anyone but him.

"Muto-kun."
"Mahotsukai-san..."

Don't...

Don't look at me like that.

Don't stand so close to me.

I don't want to feel this way.

It hurts.










Poor Yugi. Don't you feel sorry for the poor little guy?

In response to Alchemy and others who have made simliar comments, I too hate the Yami x Anzu pairing (anyone x Anzu really) as I dislike Anzu herself, but it was a convenient plot device.
I'll make it up to poor Yami in another story. >^^<;;;
Speaking of which, if anyone has an interesting pairing or idea they would like to see me play with, pass it by me. I may actually do it!