Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Special Bond ❯ Prologue - Before ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I wanted to write a fic with Amane in it so I did. If you don't know who Amane is (shame on you ^.~) she's Ryou's little/older/twin sister. (I'm not sure, but I made her younger.)

Dedicated to: Kari (I'm just boosting her ego ^_^)

Malik Muse: And sucking up.

…That too.

Warnings: Slight yaoi at the very end between Malik and Ryou.

- - -

Prologue - Before

- - -

"Dude! I vote Dead or Alive!" Joey Wheeler yelled as he ran through the front entrance into the living room where he knew the Playstation 2 was located. Tristan Taylor and Yugi Motou weren't far behind as Tea Gardner shook her head at their antics as she and Duke Devlin followed at a slower pace. Yami Bakura and Yami Yugi had wondered into the kitchen, unknowing that a certain Egyptian spirit was sneaking behind them, wanting to cause some trouble.

The only one who didn't disappear was Malik Ishtar and he stood beside his best friend as the other boy slowly hung up his jacket. "Are you sure you want everyone over here?" Malik asked skeptically, "I mean really Ryou, it's your house and all, but is it safe?" He was teasing of course, wanting the other boy happy. Ryou Bakura had been depressed all day, and he wouldn't tell anyone why.

The date was June nineteenth and they had just been let out of school for the summer. Ryou's birthday wasn't until September, so they hadn't missed that, but Malik had a feeling that the date held some significance as to Ryou's melancholy mood.

"Of course it's okay!" Ryou smiled as he led Malik through the short hallway to the living room.

Malik stopped though, not really wanting to watch Duke, Joey, Tristan and Yugi kick each other's ass in the video game. Ryou stopped as well and looked back at him, then smiled in understanding. Malik just shrugged and turned toward the wall where he'd noticed pictures hung once. There were a lot of them. There were a few of Ryou, his school picture from last year, a family portrait when Ryou had first been born and a few others while the white-haired child had been growing up.

Lavender focused on one of the pictures, way up at the top of the bunch. He blinked. "Ryou, I thought you were an only child." Malik said, then looked at his friend.

"I am." Ryou shrugged, knowing the picture that Malik had spied well.


"Then who's that?" The Egyptian wondered, pointing to the picture of two children, both covered in face paint. Ryou looked at the picture and remembered, he had just turned fifteen and his family had had a small party, just the four of them. It had been her idea for the face paint and Ryou had never been able to say no to her, so he'd agreed and they'd gotten covered in the stuff. Of course Ryou's mother had to get a picture of it.

Ryou stared at the smaller white-haired figure that stood hugging his image in the picture and smiled softly at the large blue eyes staring back at him.

"My little sister."

- - -

tbc