Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Special Bond ❯ Chapter One - Born ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorry for the long wait, this site wasn't updating for a while so I haven't been here since February.

- - -

Chapter One - Born

- - -

A boy, two-years-old, sat in an uncomfortable leather chair as he watched his father pace in front of him. The older man looked slightly worried and the small child knew it had something to do with his mother being in the hospital. "Daddy?" The small child wondered softly, his innocent eyes wide with unknowing fear. "What's w'ong with Mommy?" He asked.


His father chuckled and knelt in front of the fidgeting boy. A large hand ran through the child's light hair. "I'm sorry we scared you this morning, but we had to get your mother here quickly. We've kept something from you, but it's a surprise and nothing bad." His father promised.

"Mommy will be otay?" The child wondered.

"Yes, Mommy will be okay."

"Mr. Bakura? You're wife is waiting for you." A nurse came into the room. "Everything's prepared and I'll watch your son." She promised.

Nodding, Anthony Bakura looked back at his son. "Ryou, I'm going to go see your mommy now, okay? You be good for Nurse Bethany, okay?"

"Tay." The small boy nodded and watched his father leave and the man was gone for a long time. Ryou really liked Nurse Bethany, but he got bored very soon. He took a nap without protest and when he awoke a few hours later, his father was still gone. He'd quietly played in the playroom set up in the children's ward, under the watchful eye of his nurse, and yet when he was finished his father still hadn't returned. Where there had once been the sun, the moon shined brightly by the time his father finally returned.

The man looked tired, but he looked content too. Confused, Ryou quickly scampered over to his father as Anthony sat down in that same uncomfortable waiting chair Ryou had sat in before. "Daddy?" The small boy asked as he crawled into his father's lap. "Is Mommy otay?" He asked.

"Mommy's fine Ryou." Anthony promised, "And how would you like to see your surprise now?" He asked.

"Weally?" Ryou peered up, a smile on his chubby face.

Anthony smiled and laughed then nodded and picked up his son, leaving the waiting room and walking down a long hall. As they passed by the nurse's station, Ryou waved to Nurse Bethany who smiled and waved back at him. Finally, after a long walk, especially to a two-year old, Anthony stopped outside a room. He looked at Ryou, "Now son, your mother's very tired right now so we can't stay long, okay? When you're done visiting, you and I are going to go home but we'll be back here as soon as we can tomorrow morning, alright?"

"Tay." Ryou nodded and was carried into the room. Bright brown eyes spotted the hospital bed and the figure in it right away, "Mommy!" Ryou said excitedly and was set on the side. His mother hugged him with one arm and Ryou noticed that she did look very tired.

"Hey baby." She whispered softly, tucking a lock of his white hair behind one of his ears. "You need a hair cut." She teased, poking him on the nose.

"No hair cut!" Ryou shook his head, covering his hair with his arms for protection. "Like long hair." He insisted, then settled quietly against his mother's side. Her arm wrapped around him protectively.

"Did you tell him?" Hannah Bakura looked up at her husband.

Anthony laughed, "No, I said it was a surprise." He explained.

"Ah." Hannah nodded, then smiled as Ryou looked at her curiously, "Would you like to see your surprise now Ryou?" She wondered as the boy slowly nodded.

As Ryou watched, his father came around to the other side of the bed and gently lifted the blankets away from his mother's other arm. Wrapped inside the blankets was…the ugliest thing Ryou had ever seen! "What is it?" Ryou asked bluntly.

Hannah laughed lightly, not wanting to wake the sleeping baby. "It's a baby Ryou, your baby sister."

"Baby sista?" Ryou tilted his head as he looked at the baby.

"Mm hmm." Hannah nodded as she smiled at her son. "Her name is Amane, you're her big brother." She explained.

"Amane…" Ryou tested the word then smiled up at his mother. "I'll be a good big bwotha Mommy! Pwomise!" He said then looked back at the baby. Okay, so maybe she wasn't that ugly. Her hands were so small as they curled close to her sleeping face, and Ryou was slightly disappointed that she was asleep. He wanted to see her eyes.

"I'll be a good big bwotha to you Amane." He whispered before he yawned, tired from his day of waiting.