Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Thousand Words ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 12 )

[ A - All Readers ]

~Manipulation. Fabrication.

Conversation. Annihilation.

I'll say a thousand words or more. ~

"He's not happy." Yugi whispered to Malik as they watched Ryou fall asleep in his room. They've been standing by the doorway, watching their friend cry himself to sleep silently, keeping everything to himself. He never knew that it had become a routine for them to stand by his door and watch him suffer alone. They knew… they understood all that he was going through, because they, too, were going through the same thing as he was.

"He misses him, Yugi. His last statement proves just how much he loves Bakura and just how strong that love was… is rooted. It's hard for him to let go of the past… just like it is for us." Malik whispered back gently, his eyes reflecting the sadness he felt for his white-haired friend.

"I know, Malik. Believe me, I know. I miss my half as well, but I figured that if anyone would be the first to forget about their other half, it would have been Ryou. I mean, with everything that Bakura's put him through and how much he's suffered…" Yugi trailed off.

"I know what you mean, Yugi. But I can also see where Ryou's coming from. He loved Bakura more than Bakura, himself, realized. Even though he was abused by his yami, his love for him was even stronger. Don't you ever wonder why he stood by Bakura's side even after all the pain he's been put through? Why Ryou didn't just pack his bag in the past and leave?" Malik paused and closed his eyes as he leaned his head back against the wooden frame.

Yugi looked at him before turning his eyes back to the figure asleep on the bed sadly. "He loved him."

Malik nodded softly.

"His love was way stronger than his fear of Bakura. And a love that strong is never that easily dropped or forgotten. I miss Marik even after what he did and I still love him. The only thing is that with Ryou and Bakura… Ryou's love for his dark runs deeper than any of us can ever imagine." Malik whispered sadly. "And sometimes…" Yugi watched him, waiting for him to finish. "Sometimes, that can be the most deadliest and dangerous depth of emotion to have." Malik finished as he opened his eyes again to look at Yugi.

"You're right. Ryou is the type of person to love Bakura that deeply. Deeper than anyone can love someone." Yugi stopped to think something over. Keeping his eyes on Ryou's sleeping form, he continued, his voice lowering. "I just wish he wouldn't hold it all in. I mean, I miss Yami as well, but the both of you know it. It's not healthy for him to keep it all in."

Malik sighed. "Unfortunately, we can't get him to open up to us if he doesn't want to. We'll have to wait and pray that he'll talk to us. Until then… we leave it alone. Sometimes I wonder how things would be like if it turned out differently. Would we all be with our other half?"

Yugi nodded. "I find myself thinking that often." Glancing at the sleeping figure one more time, he turned towards his own room. "Go to bed, Malik… we've got a big day tomorrow."

"Hmmm…" was the only reply as they went to their rooms, neither hearing the little comment said.

"If this path didn't happen now… it would've happened sometimes in the future. I'm sorry… I never meant to keep you guys out. You're all I have left."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

Well, there you have it. A Thousand Words is officially finished. I apologize if you guys don't like the ending. I'll admit… it isn't the great… but it leads up to the sequel so I gotta leave it like this. Hope you enjoyed your read with A Thousand Words and hope you'll come back for the sequel when it arrives. Take care… and till next time.