Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A TwoPair Of Brown Eyes ❯ Revelations and Retardations ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 3: Revelations amd Retardations

I really don't think he should be that close to me...

Why, oh Lord, is he so CLOSE TO ME?!?!

He's STILL straddling me, like he has been for the last five minutes- mind you, it felt more like five HOURS... And he hasn't moved a muscle. Is he trying to freak me out? Because, if he is, he's succeeding.

Very much so.

And the extremely dirty thoughts running through my head don't help much either.

"Um... Bakura?" I say finally.

"Yes, Ryou?"

I shiver- his voice sounds finally- almost husky. And that, I'm telling you, is not normal for Bakura.

He has a voice like silk.

Spider's silk, maybe...

"Ryou?"

I jump with surprise. Bakura's looking at me now, with an intent, rapt gaze, elbows sitting on either side of my thin, prone frame.

And he's STILL really fucking close to me!!!

"Ya?" I say warily.

"You know, for a while I thought you were gay..." What the hell kinda statement was that?! Why on earth would he think that? "...With you staring at my ass and all..."

Sweet Ra- he NOTICED? I didn't think he was that smart! And he knew I was watching all this time?! I think I'm going to die...

No such luck.

Bakura rolls off of me, neatly landly on his hands and knees on the floor. He smirks at me, taking one last look at my beet-red face, and strides out the room.

Well, that could've been worse...

...Or much, much better.

Why do you hate me, God?

Trembling, I make a much less graceful exit than Bakura, falling flat on my face as I get off the bed. As I round the corner of my doorway out into the hall, I walk slowly towards the telephone, unsure of what I should do.

Should I call Tea? Tell her everything? No- she'd tell Yugi... And Yugi would tell Joey... and Joey would tell everyone.

But...

Bakura will tell them all anyway.

So I might as well.

Clasping the phone to my ear, I quickly dial Tea's cellphone number.

How do I have it, you ask? From the MILLIONS of times she asked me out.

And the millions of times I said no, of course.

[Hello?] I nearly collapse in relief at the sound her voice.

Okay, so she's the friendship speech queen- I need some moral support right now.

[Tea?]

[Ryou! How are you?] she sounds amazingly concerned... not that I blame her, me having Bakura around and all.

[Tea... I need to talk...] This is way easier then I thought. Fuck you, Bakura- I will get through this.

[Of course! I'm over at Yugi's- I'm sure he and the gang would love for you to come!] Mentally, I groan- but still, this is the perfect chance for me to reveal myself before Bakura does...

I have to.

[I'll see you there, Tea.] And with that, I hang up.
_____________________

I'm standing in the doorway of the Kame gameshop, being greeted by the gang.

The 'gang', of course, is the coursing throb of babbling idiots who Yugi Motou calls friends.

...and Yugi himself, of course.

Being pushed into the living room, I am bombarded with inane questions, such as "how are you?", and "What've you been up too?", until Yugi pushes through and beams widely at me.

"Ryou! Come sit down, won't you?"

Of course, since this is his house, I am resigned to do so- and I don't want Yami beating the living crap out of me for smart-mouthing Yugi.

Or maybe I'm just a coward.

Whatever.

I sit down, with a sigh, in a chair that- thankfully- can only seat one. In a matter of moments, everyone is seated, either on a chair or the floor, and looking intently at me.

I clear my throat. "Guys, I have something to tell you."

They're all looking expectantly at me, eyes wide, impatience visible on some of their faces.

"Well?" Joey says, "Come on man, spit it out!"

Taking a deep breath, I prepare to tell them my secret- no longer kept, and no longer precious.

"I'm not a guy."

The entire room freezes like ice.

Why do they have to stare at me like that? That's not really helping...

"W- what? You're kidding, right?" Joey's looking at me like I'm nuts. Well, sweetheart, I am, and I must be, if I fell in love with Bakura.

"Let me make this perfectly clear to you, Joey- I-" I say, pronouncing each letter.

"Am-"

More baited breath- man, that pisses me off.

"A-"

They're leaning forward in their chairs- Can't you just sit likt normal people?

"Girl."

That one, tiny, one-syllable word echoes around the room like the chiming of glass. Their many faces are flitting with emotion.

Surprise-

Disbelief-

Lust-

Wait- lust?

Pervert.

Oh dear Lord-

I think Tea just fainted.
_______________________________

Kawaii Chibi Kitty Angel- Short chappie- Was it good? Please, I must know! R&R, if you have time!