Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Afraid of the Dark ❯ Chaos ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

*~ Afraid of the Dark~*

'Thought'

"Spoken"

\ Bakura's voice in his head \

\\ Yami Bakura's voice in Bakura's head \\

~*~*~ Scene Change ~*~*~

/Yugi's voice in his head/

//Yami's voice in Yugi's head//

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh.

Warning: VIOLENCE ALERT ^_^

---------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------

Part 3 - Chaos

Sneaking about was something Bakura was beginning to get used to; he had to do it so much as of recent. He didn't really like it, but he had to, if he was to pull this off. He slid on a thin jumper over his plain t-shirt carefully and sighed, before wiping his white hair back.

He was finding it hard to keep his anxiety and excitement concealed, the only thing keeping him from going insane was the fear of what Yami Bakura would do if he caught him now. He couldn't care less about what he was going to do when he found out; he would worry about that when the time came.

He was risking everything for one night of freedom, and gladly at that.

He ran into the bathroom and quickly ran a brush through his snowy locks before dropping down his brush and running down the stairs, throwing his satchel upon one shoulder and rushing out of the door.

The second he shut the door behind him; he was a step closer to freedom. He raised a hand of slender petit fingers and clutched them round the Millennium Ring hanging round his neck. Who would've believed one little thing could cause so much trouble…? He continued to race down the street towards school, wishing it would all just hurry and pass so he could finally relax for even a little while.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~

Yugi grinned as he flung open his front door and ran into his living room, diving upon the couch, "C'mon guys!" he called out.

Joey and Bakura had decided to come straight from school, whereas Tristan and Téa had agreed to come along later. Joey shook his head at Yugi's hyperactive behaviour whilst Bakura laughed and copied his example, jumping onto the sofa, much to Yugi's delight.

Joey never thought he'd see the day when he was acting as the mature one… he grimaced as the other two looked at each other, nodded, and bombarded him with cushions from on the chair. "You two are so dead!" he grinned, throwing them back twice as hard as they had thrown them at him, before running over to the sofa and hitting each one over the head with the last of the cushions in his possession.

Yugi pulled a face at the blonde before grabbing two and hitting him back with both continuously, whilst Bakura paused.

\\ You are dead, you little- \\ Bakura decided he'd make a game of seeing how long he could ignore the malevolent growl of the Millennium Ring's spirit for, starting from now.

Joey hit him in the face with a cushion, and looked at him inquisitively. "You in there?" he said, before Bakura and Yugi both pushed him off of the sofa to the floor simultaneously.

"Fine," he pouted from his spot on the floor, "lets all pick on Joey…"

Yugi grinned, "Okay," he answered sweetly.

Both he and Bakura got to their feet on the chair and jumped of dog piling on the blonde, 'Cheshire cat' size grins etched on their faces.

"Fine, you wanna play it that way, huh?" he exclaimed, pushing them both off.

He smirked as he then pulled Bakura into a headlock and watched as the snowy-haired youth began to squirm, trying to break free to no avail. Yugi grinned as he winked at Joey before launching a tickle attack on Bakura's ribs whilst Joey kept him in the lock.

"Hey…! N…o fair…! 2 ag…ainst 1…!" he cried out in between fits of hysterical laughing, adding to the other two's amusement.

"Life is never fair!" Yugi chuckled out as he continued his attack, which lasted until they thought Bakura was going to drop dead any second now, and they released him.

After he caught his breath back, he looked up at Yugi with a smirk and launched at him, with a devastating poke attack, which Joey joined in with. Yugi grimaced and giggled in protest before diving onto the couch and curling into a ball, only to be followed by the other two. /Yami! Help me! / Yugi begged, as they continued to poke him, /Please! /

//Fine then, let me take control… //

Both Joey and Bakura blinked in surprise when each one of Yugi's hands shot out and gripped their wrists tightly, and he lifted his head, smirking, "Think it's fun to take on the smallest one, huh?" he said playfully, as he quickly let go and pushed them both off of the sofa before sitting down with a smirk and crossing him arms over his chest.

Joey was the first to get to his feet and try to shove him off in return, but was only pushed down once again. What commenced next was basically the same, until both Bakura and Joey admitted defeat and Yami gave Yugi back control, secretly proud of his achievement. But he wasn't going to admit that… yet.

\\Don't ignore me, I'll put you through hell a million times over! You're going to regret this mistake, and you're friends will too! \\

Bakura froze at those words. He couldn't ignore them… 'He…wouldn't dare to hurt my friends… would he?' But he knew that his Yami would, or, more precisely was going to at the first chance he got. \…W-w-what…? \

\\That's right, Bakura, I'm going to have some fun with them until there's nothing left of them, not even a trace. \

\…Shut up! \ he cried at him without any thought.

'Did… I just do that?' Bakura cupped his hands over his mouth in shock, 'how could I have been so stupid!'

If there was anything he had learned about his Millennium item's spirit, it was never to enrage him.

It was a little too late for that.

\I…I…didn't mean to…! \ he cried out, to deaf ears.

He watched in horror as the Ring suspended round his neck glowed eerily and the figure of Yami Bakura emerged, scowling demonically.

Yugi and Joey watched in fear, as in the space of five seconds, the newly emerged figure sent two powerful fists into Bakura's face and stomach in unison, then kicked him into the air and caught him by the neck, and threw his delicate body backward, slamming into the far wall with a loud thud, and watched as Bakura's body crumpled to the floor, whimpering in aguish and leaking out ruby blood from his face and mouth.

Joey instantly shot to his feet and threw a punch at him, only to have his fist caught and flung aside by it, with ease.

Yami Bakura smirked with a sickening pleasure and placed his piercing stare onto the nearest figure, "I'll start with you," he glowered at Yugi.

"…N-o…!" Bakura gasped as he dragged himself across the floor and tried to pull his evil Yami back at the feet. Yami Bakura sent a heel effortlessly into his face, knocking him back harshly, sending more blood out and peered over and Joey once again pulled himself to his feet and upped his fists.

The distraction had given Yami enough time to emerge from the Millennium Puzzle, and as Joey kept Yami Bakura distracted, Yami sent a kick straight into his back, knocking him down.

"Yugi, go!" he said, "Joey, you too. Get Bakura out of here too. I'll handle this,"

Yugi quickly ran from his seat, closely followed by Joey whom had Bakura slung over his back.

Yami Bakura rose and stared icily at Yami who was stood in front of him. He glanced past him at the three figures making a run for it - in particular the smallest, the one with another Millennium item round his neck, before reverting back to Yami.

'The spirit of that Millennium item… if I rid of him now then I'll be a step closer to having all seven items in my possession…' he smirked malevolently at him, "You will not stand in my way," he growled.

He was sure he could take him fist to fist, and threw a punch at his head, only to have Yami lean out of the way and counter with a fist of his own, which he just managed to block.

He then stepped back and growled, before swooping a leg at Yami, who ducked and landed an uppercut, causing Yami Bakura to stumble back rubbing his jaw, before hitting him with a surprise elbow to his stomach.

Yami paused momentarily before sending a combo of fists into Yami Bakura and hacking him down, only to have his legs knocked down from underneath him. Both quickly rose, and Yami Bakura hit Yami in the gut before going for his face, only to have his fist caught and be thrown over his shoulder, a loud crack filling the air as his arm dislocated.

Yami Bakura grimaced as he looked at Yami, who was breathing heavily, but ready for any physical attack awaiting him.

"I may have underestimated you're fighting skills, but you're no match for my monsters," he smirked as rose back to his feet, his dislocated arm hanging limp by his side, and pulled out a card from his deck with his good arm.

Yami watched in shock as the Man-Eater Bug materialised right in front of a maniacal Yami Bakura, whose small dark brown eyes stared at him demonically from under his white silky locks, "Lets see you get out of this, " he laughed as the creature closed in on the tri-colour haired figure.

Yami grimaced, knowing he had to quickly get rid of this thing, before the evil spirit in front of him could get to the other three…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~

"I'm… so sorry!" Bakura sobbed into his hands, weakened greatly, "it's all my fault! I should've never come…"

Yugi took a seat next to the snowy-haired figure and began to stroke his back sympathetically, "It's okay, Bakura, Yami can handle it…it's not your fault…"

Joey agreed as he pulled his knees to his chest and sighed.

Now both of them had drawn conclusions from this about all the injuries their friend had gained, and both knew that they had to find a way to stop it all before it could get any worse than it already was.

To Be Continued…