Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ American songs, YGO style ❯ Video # 2 'Welcome to My Life' ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Kingdom Anime is all mine. That's about everything I own.
 
Legend:
~(Scene Description)~
*Action both in and out of the video*
[Speech and action outside the video]
-Narration in video-
Song Lyrics being sung
~Flashback~
<“Singing during flashback”>
``````````````````````````````````````````
 
The YGO music video show's stage is the same as before. Then the hosts appear from the doorway, but this time they're accompanied by Joey and Jake is nowhere in sight.
 
Sonja: Hello again, viewers!!!!
 
Damien: And reviewers, here we are once again in another episode of the YGO music video show!!
 
Sonja: For those with short term memory, I'm Sonja Edachi and this is my brother, Damien.
 
Damien: Jake is running an errand so taking his place is last time's guest, Joey!!!
 
*Joey waves to the audience while his fangirls scream madly*
 
Joey: What's Jake supposed to do??
 
Sonja: You'll see…
 
Damien: Anyway, hot off the hard drive comes a new music video, and sis here is going to show us.
 
Sonja: Yup! *shows tape* It's another one by Simple Plan, but this time it's `Welcome to My Life'. Who's singing? Well…I'll let you all guess until Jake's back.
 
*Random fangirls sigh*
 
Damien: So Joey, any wild guesses? With your luck, you might get it right.
 
Joey: Hmm… maybe it's… *pause* Is there a clue??
 
Sonja: The album this was released in was called `Still Ain't Getting Any…' It's a stress relief album for all those disappointing times.
 
Joey: Umm… I'm guessing…Hmm… This is just a guess but, Kaiba??
 
Jake: *Comes in* I'm back, and I finally got him to come along!! *Tugs a rope in his hand and reveals Kaiba in handcuffs, death-glaring at Jake*
 
*Seto fangirls cheer like crazy*
 
Damien: See, I told you you've got luck on your side!!
 
Kaiba: Why did you drag me from my office, in handcuffs, I might add, to a broadcasting studio?!?!
 
Damien: You'll see…Sonja??
 
Sonja: *Uncuffs Seto* When I said `convince him to come', I didn't mean drag him here!!!!
 
Jake: Ehehehe… *scratches the back of his head sheepishly*
 
Kaiba: What is the meaning of this?!?!
 
Sonja: Just take a seat and you'll see why. Don't worry, this won't take long. We merely want to show you something interesting.
 
Kaiba: Hmph. Very well. *Sits on couch*
 
Sonja: Thank you. *Presses play button*
 
~~~~(Video)~~~~
 
~(The scene is in Seto's office, on the 43rd (not sure…) Floor of the KC tower. The time is 10:30 p.m. and Seto is typing away on his computer. Then the office door opens, and Roland's head pops in.)~
 
Roland: Are you done yet, sir?
 
Kaiba: *Shakes head, still not looking away from the monitor*
 
Roland: Your brother is really worrying about you, sir.
 
Kaiba: *Still not looking at Roland* I know. Just go ahead, I'll finish this and be on my way.
 
Roland: Are you sure sir? Everyone else has left already and—
 
Kaiba: I'll be fine.
 
Roland: If you insist… *Leaves*
 
-After a while of typing, Seto shuts down the computer and pokes his head out of his office. He checks left and right, and no one is there. He then strides toward the elevator, and gets in. Instead of pressing the ground floor button, he heads for the roof.-
 
[Kaiba: *gawking at video* Sonja: You haven't seen anything yet…]
 
-Upon reaching the roof, Seto leans over the edge of the railings surrounding the roof and looks at the city view behind him. Then, he starts to sing.-
 
[*fangirls scream*]
 
Kaiba:Do you ever fell like breaking down…” *Guitar strums are heard from nowhere*
 
-He starts walking along the railings, singing.-
 
Do you ever feel out of place? Like somehow you just don't belong, and no one understands you?
 
-He looks over the edge of the building again to see Roland Drive away in the limo.-
 
Do you ever want to run away? Do you lock yourself in your room? With the radio on turned up so loud, that no one hears you screaming?
 
-Then he sits down, his back against the railing, looking up at the starry sky.-
 
No you don't know what it's like…when nothing feel's alright…you don't know what it's like…to be like me…
 
-He then stands up and pretends to hold a mike in his hand, singing and nodding his head to the music.-
 
*Guitar becomes louder and drums are heard and an electric guitar is strummed loudly*
 
To be hurt, to fell lost, to be left out in the dark! To be kicked when you're down, to feel like you've been you've been pushed around! To be on the edge of breaking down, and no one's there to save you! No, you don't know what it's like…
 
-He looks up at the sky again, glancing at a plane that passes by overhead.-
 
Welcome to my life…
 
-Then he sits down, closing his eyes to remember everything that happened that day.-
 
~At school, he sits by himself at break, watching Yugi chat with his friends, wishing he was like them, so carefree…
 
<“Do you wanna be somebody else? Are you sick of feeling so left out? Are you desperate to find something more, before you're life is over?”>
 
Fast forward to after school, he's walking to KC tower. As he glances around, he sees everyone smiling.
 
<“Are you stuck inside a world you hate? Are you sick of everyone around? With their big fake smiles and stupid lies, while deep inside you're bleeding?>~
 
~(After the flashback, Seto is lying down on the roof, looking at the sky and admiring the stars.)~
 
No you don't know what it's like…when nothing feels alright…you don't know what it's like…to be like me…
 
-He stands up, opens a shed, and takes out an electric guitar was well hidden there. He then starts to play while glimpses of his life flash by.-
 
[*Fangirls are going nuts*]
 
To be hurt, to feel lost, to be left out in the dark! To be kicked when you're down, to feel like you've been pushed around! To be on the edge of breaking down, and no one's there to save you! No you don't know what it's like…”
 
-He lets out a long quavering note in the guitar.-
 
Welcome to my life…
 
-Then he remembers everything that happened after his parents' death and after Gozaburo's tortures. He then plays the guitar very briskly, while jumping up and down and basically felling the adrenaline of a rock star.-
 
No one ever lied straight to your face! And no one ever stabbed you in the back! You might think I'm happy, but I'm not gonna be okay! Everybody always gave you what you wanted! You never had to work, it was always there! You don't know what it's like! What it's like…
 
-He slows down his playing but continues singing.-
 
To be hurt…to feel lost…to be left out in the dark…to be kicked, when you're down…to feel like you've been pushed around…
 
-He begins to play vigorously again.-
 
To the on the edge on breaking down, and no one's there to save you! No, you don't know what it's like! What it's like… To be hurt, to fell lost, to be left out in the dark! To be kicked, when you're down! To feel like you've been pushed around! To be on the edge of breaking down, and no one's there to save you! No you don't know what it's like…
 
-He replaces the guitar back in its hiding place and heads back to the elevator. But before he enters, he turns around and says…-
 
Welcome to my life…
 
-He then gets in the elevator as the guitars fade in tone until they disappear.-
 
~~~~(End Video)~~~~
 
Kaiba: *Jaw drop* O.O
 
Joey: *Laughing out loud* I knew coming back here was a good idea!!!!!
 
Sonja: Well, what do you think?
 
Kaiba: *VERY angry* Where the H*** did you get that footage?!?
 
Sonja: Footage?
 
Kaiba: Don't lie! I know you hid a video camera on the roof! Give it to me, NOW!
 
Sonja: But, Seto…We created that on computer. You mean you actually go to the roof and sing???
 
Kaiba: *Very embarrassed* Umm…*cough* well…
 
Joey: Yahoo!!! Blackmail at last!!!
 
Kaiba: Get back here, Mutt!!! *About to tackle Joey*
 
Damien: *restraining Seto while Sonja restrains Joey*
 
Jake: Joey, you promised no blood. Seto, give it up, everyone saw it. Quit the act, no one's believing you.
 
Kaiba: *Calms down and sits on the couch* Alright. I admit it. I do go to the roof and sing that song. But no I don't have a guitar.
 
*fangirls scream*
 
Kaiba: I don't know how to play one, okay?!?
 
Joey: Ha-ha! I know something you don't!!!
 
Sonja: Shut up! Anyway, does Mokie know this?
 
Kaiba: know it? He gave me the song!
 
Damien: After your blurted confession, are you still going to try that `Mr. Ice' personality?
 
Kaiba: No.
 
Sonja: Are you going to hang with Yugi now?
 
Kaiba: H*** no!
 
Sonja: Huh?
 
Kaiba: I may try to open up, I still have my pride. I'm not going to get buddy-buddy with that midget! Not now, not ever!
 
Jake: Whatever. *Turns to camera* that's the show! Hope you liked the song and the video! We'll see ya'll next time on `the YGO music video show'!!
 
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??/
 
Review if you like and I'll see you next time!!!!