Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ An Argument with Kaiba Seto ❯ Contrivance 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

An Argument With Kaiba Seto

By Shella

-^-^-^-^-^-

Summary: A hate/hate relationship is easy enough to understand. But when it changes to hate/something else, Jounouchi and Seto discover they need to reconsider a few things. Warning for silliness & shounen-ai

Genre: Humour / Romance / Angst.

Rating: PG-13

Pairing/s: Seto x Jou, mentioned Yugi x Anzu.

Spoilers: Uh … none that I can think of. Set - well, whenever, really. They're at school. Yugi & Bakura are the only ones with yamis.

Warnings: boy + boy romance, profanity, absurdity.

Feedback: Detail valued.

Archive: Ask and ye shall receive.

Disclaimer: Yugi-Oh is not mine and I'm making no profit from this except enjoyment.

-^-^-^-^-^-

Contrivance 1.

An argument with Kaiba Seto usually followed a relatively simple path. Find Kaiba, get insulted by Kaiba, yell at Kaiba, be put down and humiliated by Kaiba, try to kill Kaiba, get held back by Honda (physically) and Yugi (emotionally). They'd been through the same routine a dozen times in as many encounters and yet the brunette could still piss him off more effectively, efficiently, and thoroughly than even Shizuka when she started showing people his baby pictures.

Jounouchi had no idea why Kaiba got to him, nor why the teenaged CEO chose to specifically target him. If he'd spent less time ogling Mai and more time considering the situation, he might have seen it coming.

As it was, when Kaiba grabbed his wrist after one of their more heated exchanges, he was expecting the other boy to hit him, not to tangle his fingers in the blonde strands at the base of Jounouchi's neck and kiss him.

It wasn't a `please may I' kiss, either. It was a `surrender, give me all of yourself' kiss. It was driven and demanding. Kaiba's tongue was in his mouth before he could so much as draw a breath, let alone squeal like a little girl and slap him, wailing about cooties as he ran away … not that he would have done that anyway. He would have yelled like an angry man and punched him, growling about - oh, whatever. He didn't have a clue what he would have done.

Returning to the more important stuff,

Kaiba Seto was kissing him.

Jounouchi wanted to press `pause' and demand an explanation. He wanted a nice, simple reason as to exactly what the fuck was going on. Diagrams and pie charts would be good, as would be a Power Point presentation with nice little animations for the headings and pictures. He wanted to know why Kaiba appeared to want him.

But long before he could find and hire someone to create a Power Point presentation for him, it was over, and he remembered the need to breathe.

Oxygen was useful. Jounouchi hadn't realized how useful until he inadvertently went without it for several long moments, on account of being preoccupied with more important and perplexing things. Like the taste of Kaiba still lingering in his mouth and the way said Kaiba was looking at him with blank eyes and a closed expression. And the way his own hand had drifted up to touch his lips as if needing proof that they had just been kissed by a brunette he'd thought hated him.

"Whuduhmub-" Speaking in a language known to humans would be a good thing… "-what was that?"

It wouldn't be half so bad if he could just get some idea of what Kaiba was thinking. Then at least he'd have some idea where he stood - whether it had been a joke (it had to be, right?) or a dare (Kaiba would never back down from a dare) or-

"You know what they say about puppy love…"

FUCKING DOG REFERENCES!!!!!

"You just can't help yourself."

When Kaiba released him, Jounouchi felt as empty as a plastic bag, and like he'd make twice as much noise if he moved. Normally he cared about making too much noise like he cared about what colour underpants Pegasus wore, but something held him still this time as he watched Kaiba walk away.

-^-^-^-^-^-