Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ And They Call It Rock'N'Roll ❯ Lose Control ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
10/27/08Chapter FourLose Control
"You're too late. Honey, you give love a bad name..." The words went through the room in broken tune, drifting on the cracking voice of a tired someone. Under the blankets of his bed, Otogi filled his small airspace with labored breathing. He tried hard to sing his song but not be heard, lest he wake anyone in the house.
"Please, stop it, Oto! All you've done for the past two hours is sing hair metal choruses, damnit."
The black-and-green-haired boy popped his head out from under a brown comforter. Otogi squinted his eyes in the darkness to look past the doorframe, diagonally across the hall, and into another room. His eyes strained a bit, but finally landed on a lumpy figure. It wriggled, and he blinked at the strange sight of bright eyes staring at him, gleaming from a far-off light in the room. The shine was only slightly eerie as it mixed with the glowing patches on the blankets below it.
"Sorry, Yu." He cricked his toes and pulled his hands closer to his chest, gripping the comforter. His eyes shut. "I'll close the door, if you want."
Within the dark, he barely made out the shuffle of the fluffy-haired boy sitting up. He stared at the shine and glow of Yugi's eyes while the boy twisted oddly and scratched behind his ear.
"It's okay." Otogi opened his eyes. In the gleaming room, the shadow of Yugi flopped head-first off the end of the bed, crossed legs still resting on the mattress above. "Just--I dunno. I guess I'm so tired I'm cranky."
"Um..." Pulling at the green bangs in his face, he searched for the words to say; anything to make this conversation better, to drive it in another direction. There were a few things on the tip of his tongue, phrases that might make the other feel better about the reason for his sleepiness. "Well--..."
The older man kept staring at the sprawled form across the hall. He only tore his eyes away when Yugi’s arms, laying haphazardly next to him, became overcast with long, striking lines of shadow. Otogi’s fingers twitched spastically at the same time his eyes shot to search for that twinkle on the other's ashen face. There were no open eyes but his own, however, and those that were closed had lids so dark they resembled mere sockets.
Otogi quickly shoved his head back under his blanket and squeezed his eyes shut again.
"Goodnight, Yug..."

There was this horrible feeling, way down in the pit of his stomach. What did they call it? Dread? Guilt? Lust? Oh, well; he didn't think it mattered.
But, but-- there were these hands with fingers digging into the hollows of his hipbones. Maybe they were bruising him? Perhaps pushing into nerves he didn't know were there, and it was sending that feeling to his stomach? Whatever it was, he was feeling rather queasy now, but he had a feeling that didn't matter, either.
"Shush. Stop twitchin' so much; it's not that bad. Just wait for it..."
His lip quivered just as teeth dug into the junction of his neck. His eyelids forced themselves together, tight, while his hands dug at the pillow under his bound wrists. What was wrong with this? It was what he wanted--or, wasn't it? Oh, fuck, why did the ceiling suddenly begin to swim when he opened his eyes?!
His heart suddenly felt like it would rocket straight out of his chest. He felt his shoulder blades forcing into the springs below him because of rough hands shoving into his shoulders, pushing them against the mattress. The fabric around his wrists and forearms strained and burned his skin. He felt like they'd rub a hole through to the veins and tendons on his right arm. When he thought of that, the muscles in his biceps wavered.

"Hang on... Hold still."

He yelped and shot up-right--rather, he tried to sit up. He started to panic when he found he couldn't, that hands still held down his shoulders.
"AHHHHHHHH!" the scream continued throughout the house as he began to thrash around on his bed, legs kicking frantically. His voice rose to a type of 'scared-shitless' octave. "WHAT THE FUCK?!"
"OTOGI. Calm. The fuck. DOWN." The black-haired boy immediately froze. After laying completely motionless, arms and legs in a jumble, his neck at an awkward angle, he cracked open one eye. Yugi made a mental note to tease the older man about this later, when he knew he'd be over it enough for himself to be able to laugh his ass off at the other's embarrassment. "That must've been some goddamn dream, you fucker."
He felt strong, calloused hands relax on his collarbones until they cautiously slipped away. The ceiling suddenly became very interesting to stare at as his own body went lax. One of his arms and both legs dropped to the mattress and out of their panicked position. He slowly counted to ten in his head, then averted his eyes to look at Yugi's.
"Fuck, I think you managed to knee me in my fucking head..." the boy grumbled, rubbing a tender spot on the edge of the back of his skull. Otogi brought up a lose fist to rest on the knee of the guitarists mushroom-patterned pajamas.
"Sorry..."
"It's fine." Green eyes slid closed when the other started to scratch a bit at his forearms, then opened again when he heard it stop. "You just kinda started freaking the fuck out. I tried like Hell to shake your ass awake, but the more I did it, the more fucked-up you got."
"Thanks. For trying."
A faint, alarm-like buzzing suddenly filled the room. It didn't cause either of the occupants to jump in the slightest, but, as soon as he heard it, Otogi immediately pulled himself over Yugi's lap. He braced a hand on the bar of his bed and shoved an arm and half his face under it, digging through piles of he-didn't-even-want-to-know-what to find the clock. The more junk he shifted from towards the top of his bed, the louder the alarm got. Yugi's eyebrow twitched spastically and he moved his leg a little, causing the black-haired boy to drop a little more and do a type of head-stand while he rummaged.
A few seconds later, Otogi was reaching up and gripping the thigh of the pajamas, pulling himself up while he pushed with his other hand. He flopped back onto his bed and took the cord out of his mouth, licking his shoulder with a disgusted expression. Apparently that wasn't good enough, as he picked up his comforter and wiped his tongue with it. Yugi picked up the UFO-shaped clock and jabbed at a few buttons, successfully turning off the alarm and starting the radio. He bunched up, shoulders hunching and elbows jabbing into his sides, as a song blasted through the small speaker.
Otogi snickered before shutting up, receiving a death glare. He reached out and rolled the largest dial on the side, turning down the volume. He smiled when his eyes met burgundy ones behind a gold fringe of bangs.
"Oops."
"...Whatever." The guitarist stood up, pulling the clock's cord in one long, rough stroke so that he had enough lee-way to sit it on the nightstand beside his fellow bandmate's four-poster. "You're a strange guy, 'Ji-ji."
"Go to bed, Spike." The older grinned as he watched Yugi lazily wave a hand in the air, walking back across to his own room. The younger boy flopped back down onto his glow-in-the-dark, outer-space bed sheets and curled up. His grin slowly faded the longer he stared at the shining constellations and the small, lumpy figure obstructing some of them. Eventually, he felt his eyes began to cross when he started to zone out, and he blinked hard.
Before laying back down himself, he got up and walked across his plush, goldenrod-colored carpet to shut his door. His thumb met the button lock as soon as he heard the click of the door being completely shut. He crawled back under his thick comforter from the side of the bed, and stuck his head back out the top to glance at the time. He scratched his nose and guessed he wouldn’t go in to work today. 'Four-thirty my butt...'
His eyelids drifted shut as he rolled over and curled up a bit, brushing the hair back from his ears."Closing time. This room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come. So, gather up your jackets, move it to the exits..."
He tried opening his eyes now, but the more he listened, the more tired it seemed he became. Curling tighter in on himself, he felt his eyelids keep drifting closed, farther every time.
"I hope you have found a friend. Closing time. Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end..."
Mary had a lamb, his eyes black as coal.If we play very quiet, my lamb, Mary never has to know.Just once in my life, I think it'd be nice just lose control.Just once...If I cut you down to a thing I can use, I fear there'll be nothing good left of you.(Just to lose control, just once...)
Note: Aww, that one kind of disappointed me...=(Didn't really turn out the way I wanted. I need to stop writing chapters, stopping, && then finishing them months later.(Thanks to the lovely Shan-Chan for her beta-ing. *love*)