Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Baby of Mine ❯ Aria's Yami ( Chapter 56 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Ok, Guys! Great news!!! I got an A on my Master's thesis!!!!! YEAH FRIENDSHIP!!!!

So if you guys need any help on Bertolt Brecht and Epic Theater, I'm your girl…er…woman! So glad I'm done that piece of……

*Ryou holds up Chibi Aten *

I guess I can't say what I'm gonna say. I don't curse in front of chibis.

Ssjgodesschico: Yeah, poor Aten was freaked. Still is here.

AMT: Poor Chibi Aten…

Angel Black: Both the kids cheered when the Change of Heart was played. I think "It's a mommy card" would have been so cute if I thought of it. Maybe later if I get another duel in.

Mystical Dragon: * Aten huggles Mystical Dragon * I know….Aria can be so mean and so cute.

Dragondreamer: I like nuts….oh my god. I just did not type that, did I?????

Ryou's Mistress: She's a bitch when she gets taken over by Cinetti. The chewing on the DM is a trigger.

Falling Leaves: Aten will be OK.

Lupusdragon: Yeah, she is the dark half of Cinetti, so yeah, she is beginning to show her colors.

Bluesummers: *hugs Gralnak * I'm here. I'll protect you!!!!

Aria's Yami

The Dark Magician raised his staff at Aria's command. Aten's eyes widened in fear as the magician prepared to attack.

"Mommy! Don't let him hurt me!"

Bakura ran to Aten's side and Marik stood in front of his son. The two yamis formed a barrier to the Magician's attack "You'll have to hit Bakura and I before you hit Aten," Marik said clenching his fists waiting for the attack.

"Dark Magician attack!" Aria yelled.

Ryou turned to Aria. "What are you doing, Aria?"

"Why isn't he attacking?" Aria said angrily. The Dark Magician stood there sadly looking at the trembling, pleasing boy in his mother's arms.

Yugi kneeled down to Aten. "The Dark Magician obeys only Yami and me."

Aten hid his eyes from Yugi. He shivered intensely as Yugi lightly touched his shoulder. Aten let out a scream and shuddered at the touch. He started to struggle in Ryou's arms. "Let me go, mommy! Let me go!"

"Baby, Uncle Yugi means you no harm."

"Dark Magician, mommy! Yugi will make the Dark Magician attack me!"

Yami put down his cards and approached Aten slowly. "I won't make the Dark magician attack you."

Marik blocked Yami's way to Aten. "I am his father, and I say back off, Yami! He's scared enough without you coming close to him."

Yami stood close to Marik. "I am trying to calm him down."

"You are failing miserably, pharaoh."

Aten screamed as the Dark Magician turned to him. Aten broke from Ryou's grip and darted from the dueling arena.

Ryou and Malik started running after him. "Aten! Where are you going?"

Aten's POV

My mom and mommy were running after me! That Dark Magician! He looked at me so angrily! I don't like it when people are angry or mean. My sister always told me that the Dark Magician was going to attack me! She is funny sometimes. She chews on that doll of hers and she gets all mean and stuff.

I wonder why. Why did she beat me up this morning? I don't know why I couldn't tell my mom about it. For no reason, she gets all mean when she chews on that doll. When she does, it scares me. It means she's gonna get mean. That isn't nice. When she chews on it, it's usually me who feels it after. I never do anything to her.

I keep running afraid to let my mom and mommy take me back to Uncle Yugi and Aunt Yami! I can't go back to them! They know the Dark Magician! I dart through the crowds wondering where I can hide. For all I know, the Dark Magician could be following me! OH NO! WHAT IF HE IS? There must be someplace I can go! Someone I can run to!

The place looks familiar! I was here yesterday! Puppy! Puppy has to be here! It's almost a scary thought to think Unkie Seto is here too. After yesterday, he didn't seem so happy. I have to find puppy! Wait! How can I find puppy? The Elelator!

How do I work this thing? My mom and mommy call out for me. They sound worried, but I am afraid they will lead the Dark Magician to me with their cries. The door close and my mom and mommy's worried cries stop.

Some man pushes a button and the elelator goes up. I turn to him. "Do you know where Puppy is?"

The man looks down into my eyes and shrugs. "There are no dogs allowed in KaibaCorp, kid. I don't think your dog is here."

Puppy isn't here? Who's gonna help me?

"It's not my doggie I'm looking for. I'm looking for Unkie Seto's puppy."

The man gets out of the elelator and I follow him. We walk down a long hallway that is really pretty. It has white walls and gold is around the doors. Almost like my hair…white and yellow. At least it was until my sister chewed on her Dark magician doll. Now it's still pink.

"He should be around here, kid."

The man leaves me alone. The elelator door shuts behind me. What if the Dark Magician is coming up next! I run to a woman, my eyes really red from crying. My chest begins to hurt. I'm so scared….and I forgot my medication this morning! After Aria yelled at me, I was too scared to pick it up! It feels like I got something big in my chest. It's getting a little tricky to breathe.

"Lady, where's Puppy? I need to find my Puppy!"

The lady kneels down to me. "Aww, baby. You're doggie isn't here. How did you get past security?"

"I need to find Unkie Seto's Puppy! Unkie Puppy! Where's my Unkie Puppy! I want my Puppy!" The woman hugs me as I rub my eyes dry of another bucket of tears. I just want my Unkie Puppy…..and I can't find him…

"Seto Kaiba is in a meeting now, sweetie. Do you want to talk to his friend?"

I whimpered into her dress. "I wanna hug my Puppy…."

The lady took my hand and took me in the elelator again. I got scared. What if the Dark Magician was coming for me? The lady would protect me…for now.

We stepped out and she took me to a big room with books and a fireplace. Unkie Puppy was reading a book.

"Puppy!!!" I ran with open arms to my Puppy! I found him! He's gonna protect me!

Joey's POV

Ryou's kid ran to me as if he had a mob after him. He looked so cute with his pink hair flying behind him, but I saw his eyes…his pretty eyes were filled with fear. I've never seen him this shaken, even yesterday when I protected him in the tub. Seto apologized to me that night for acting like such an animal and we made up together late at night.

Aten ran to me and clung onto me, his nails digging into my leg. I put my book down and pulled him onto my lap. The little chibi looked so scared. He clung to me as if his life depended on how deeply he sunk his little cheek into my chest.

"Thank you, Liz, I'll take it from here." I dismissed Seto's secretary and Aten began to cry in my arms. Nobody ever cried on me like him.

"Aten, what happened? Where is your….um…mother?"

Aten sniffed. "I ran away from mommy. The Dark Magician was going to attack me! I ran away. Don't let him get me, Puppy!"

What else could I do to calm this kid down? I held him in my arms and rocked him like I saw Ryou do before.

"No one will get you while I'm around, kid. Don't you worry. Uncle JOEY is here to protect ya."

"Puppy….."

I'll never escape being called "puppy" now. I'll always be "Uncle Puppy" to them. It wasn't too bad, though, as much as I would hate to admit it. If it wasn't for me, this kid would have no where to run.

The little chibi in my arms began to whine and hold his chest. Uh-oh. This can't be good.

"Hey, Aten, you ok?"

"I forgot…my…medication."

This definitely can't be good! What would Ryou do in this situation?? Ryou told Aten to breathe yesterday.

I rubbed his arm like his mother and whispered to him, "Just breathe, Aten." Dark Magician??? What does that have to do with this mess? "Aten, what about the Dark Magician?"

"Aria…she gets all mean…when she chews on her Dark Magician doll. This morning…" Aten stopped for breath. It looked very difficult for him to continue. "This morning, Aria beat me up on my arm." I rolled up the kid's sleeve and saw a bruise on his tan little arm.

"Did you tell your mother?"

"No. I was too scared to tell her. Aria got all mean this morning. Then Auntie Yami pulled out the Dark Magician and played it and I was afraid of it attacking me. Aria called to it to attack me and it raised it's thing. Puppy, I was so scared!"

Aten shook in my arms. I tried everything I could to calm this kid down.

"Why did you come to me, Aten?"

"Because you helped me when Unkie Seto was angry. Please don't tell him I'm here!"

I wouldn't tell Seto if it would scare him, but Ryou and his father must be scared to death. Even though I wasn't a dad myself, I knew that Marik would go insane without knowing where his kid was. Well, Marik was already insane….but now he would be even more insane knowing his kid has disappeared. And Ryou was certainly protective of his kid. That why I thought Ryou and Marik make the perfect parents: They are willing to kill for Aten….to do anything to keep him from harm. I mean, I NEVER saw Ryou that angry with anyone before. I thought he couldn't get angry, but he proved me wrong yesterday.

"Just relax, Aten."

"I don't like Aria's Dark Magician doll….it scares me."

The intercom buzzed in the room. I picked up Aten. For being a tall kid for his age, he was really light. I could throw him into the air and he would fly up really high. I walked over to the intercom. "Yeah?"

"Mr. Wheeler, I got a report on a missing kid around nine years of age, slightly pink hair…"

"He's with me. Who's looking for him?"

"A man by the name of Marik Ishtar."

I sighed. Finally. "Send him up. He's the kid's father."

I returned back to the couch and put Aten on it. The kid was still holding his chest, but his knuckles were no longer white. Sweat beaded on his forehead and his eyes looked they were not focusing on anything. Marik better hurry up.

When Marik, Ryou, Bakura, and Malik came in, all of them wore masks of relief and fear. Ryou and Malik flew to Aten's side and kissed his cheek. Those kids were so lucky to have four parents who would do anything for them. I wondered where Aria was.

"Where's your other kid?"

"She is downstairs with Yami and Yugi," Bakura said kind of angrily.

Ryou turned to me and asked for a glass of water for him. I poured him one and Marik pulled out a little white pill from his pocket. Malik helped Ryou sit Aten up on the couch.

"Aten, my little angel. Open your eyes, baby."

Marik handed the boy the white pill. "Wake up, son. Time to take your medicine."

Normal POV

Ryou's eyes shot up at Marik filled with horror. Marik suddenly looked uncomfortable and looked at Ryou.

"What?"

Ryou's eyes closed and they fell on Aten. He held his son closely and kissed his hair. "That's what my father told me when I had to take my "medicine." All this…..All this is HIS fault!….my heart problem, Aten's heart problem and poor health…the fact we'll both be on medication for the rest of our lives! If I hadn't been so sick when I was pregnant….maybe…..maybe Aten would be stronger. My dad is to blame."

Bakura walked behind Ryou and wrapped his arms around his hikari. "This is not your fault, Ryou, we went over that."

"Let's not try to raise our voices," Malik said trying to calm everyone down.

Marik gave Aten his pill and Ryou offered him the glass of water.

"Drink slowly, boy," Marik said softly.

When Aten finished drinking he smiled and the color slowly returned to his face. His breathing became even and his fist began to relax on his chest.

"I feel better, mommy," the little boy said nuzzling against his mommy.

"Son, you really scared us," Bakura said. "Why did you run away from us?"

Aten looked up at his other dad. "Daddy Bakura, I didn't want the Dark Magician to find me. He was gonna hurt me."

Marik shook his head. "The Dark Magician cannot hurt you outside the arena. Uncle Yugi wouldn't let anything happen to you."

Aten clutched onto Malik. "Aria chews on her Dark Magician! She told me he was going to attack me!"

Aten tensed up. "Where's Aria?"

Bakura sighed. "She's with Auntie Yami and Uncle Yugi."

"Is she still chewing on her Dark Magician doll?"

"We don't know, why?"

"Aria got really mean this morning when she chewed on it today and yesterday."

"Mean how?" Marik said.

Joey rolled up Aten's sleeve to reveal a bruise. "Aria beat him up this morning."

Ryou gasped. "Sweetheart, why didn't you tell us?"

Aten sobbed. "I didn't want her to beat me up more!"

Ryou held Aten close and looked at Bakura. He knew what it was like….to be beaten and be afraid to tell anyone about it.

"Baby, when something like that happens, I want you to tell one of us. We will handle Aria."

Marik brushed back Aten's pinkish hair. "So that Dark Magician makes Aria the complete opposite of what she is?"

"Cinetti," Bakura growled. "Anubis told me that Cinetti's soul was split into light and dark. Marik, Aten is Cinetti's light. That is why he is so weak and frail. Aria is the dark, she is stronger. Maybe…Cinetti has the ability to take over Aria's personality."

"But Aria is my sweet little girl…" Ryou said.

"That is Aria when she is not possessed. When Cinetti tries to take over he, she fights it, but she is so young…she can't fight something she doesn't understand. But to take out her frustrations out, she gnaws on that Dark Magician doll."

Malik and Marik exchanged glances. "So in essence…..Aria has a yami?"

Bakura sighed. "I guess that would be the word for it, yes. Cinetti is Aria's yami. We have to save her and Aten. Cinetti is gonna get rid of all of us if we cannot defeat him and Anubis."

The group fell silent. Aten fell asleep against Ryou.

"We have to get him home. He's still sweaty."

Joey rubbed the back of Aten's head. "He came to me so scared, I didn't know what to do for him."

"Thank you, Joey. I appreciate your help," Ryou said.

Marik picked up Aten and the boy rested his head on Marik's shoulder, his legs and arms dangling lifelessly. Marik was relieved with every calm breath of his son, Aten was going to be ok.

Next Chappie: The kids are all grown up.

NOTES: Ok, guys I came up with a sequel to "Baby of Mine." I have no idea about the warnings yet for the next one. There will be Lemons, though, so don't worry about that. What can I say about the sequel?…Hmm…..Steven returns in the sequel….so do Aria and Aten. Not certain of a title yet either. Just in a planning stage.

**************************************************************** *******

SEQUEL SPOILERS!!!!

Steven breaks out of jail with the help of some men in prison. He kidnaps Aria and Aten, wanting to keep them away from Bakura figuring he may be a "bad influence" on them, especially Aten. Now..Steven can either kidnap Ryou separately or do a trade for Aria (Steven isn't worried so much about Aria as Aten). Bakura and Marik, furious, set off to find their children and Ryou. Now this story, most likely, would be the last we hear of Steven. We know that Bakura and Marik together are a dangerous duo (look at how they tore Cinetti apart)!!!!! There's no way Bakura would let Steven live after kidnapping his kids and Ryou.

If you have any suggestions or other ideas for a sequel, let me know. I'm always open to reviewer suggestions about my stories. I'll see if they fit into the story.