Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Bakura's Three Weeks ❯ Chapter One: the Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bakura's three weeks of Confusion, Love, and Misery

By Sesiani Flower

Ryou has moved and has been gone from the house for only a day and Bakura is feeling lonely already. He goes to the store when he stumbles on a girl who accidentally hugs him. Her apology is what turned Bakura upside down.

Characters: Bakura, Joey, Yami, Kiaba, Serenity, Alex (me), Tea, Isis, Ryou, Mai, and sometimes Tristen and Yugi.

I don't own Yugioh, but I'm putting it on my wish list.

Chapter One: The beginning

"Are you sure that you want to move Ryou, I mean you could stay a little longer," said Bakura as he watched Ryou pack his clothes into a suitcase. "Sorry Bakura. I know you want me to stay here but I gotta move to a closer location or else I will always be an hour late and I will lose my job" said Ryou as he struggled with the suitcase lock. Bakura looked at him and then stared down at the floor. Ryou heard the lock snap and he turned to Bakura and gave him a sympathetic look. "I will come visit you Bakura and I also got you a job at Red Lobster so you can uphold your rent" Ryou said smiling. "What!" yelled Bakura "You…You…You…." He couldn't finish his sentence because Ryou was hugging the guts out of him. He looked down at Ryou and saw that he was crying. Bakura started to cry also. He was going to miss him a lot. He would never forget about the good times he spent with him. He would never forget even if it killed him. Ryou broke away from Bakura and wiped his eyes. "I best be going now," he said sniffling. He took two of his bags and Bakura took the other three. They headed out to Bakura's car, put the bags in the trunk, got in the car and drove away to the place where Ryou was going to spend the rest of his three years at.

Near where Bakura lived was a place called Tonimoto High. It was where Alex, Mai, Tea, and Serenity go to school. It was also a place where Joey, Tristen, Yami, Yugi, Bakura, and unfortunately Kiaba go to school. It was considered the nicest school in its district. It had been known about its beautiful gardens and beautifully sculpted statues. In its garden stood a beautiful tall and slim girl. She had dark brown hair, blue eyes, and peach silk skin. She was standing in the gardens because her best friend, Ryou, was moving away to the other part of the city. She would always come here with Ryou to breath in the fresh air. He would tell her stories about his other half who looks just like him. She would always giggle when he told her about the bathroom incident. "I was down stairs cooking dinner when the electricity went off. I searched in the cabinets for the emergency flashlights and turned it on. I went upstairs to look for Bakura to make sure that he was all right when all of a sudden I see this light in the bathroom go off and on, off and on. I went and opened the door and there I see Bakura with a hair dryer and his hair looks like Yami's but it was glowing" he would say and she would start to have a giggle fit. Alex giggled a little and then she felt a warm tear go down her face. She wiped it away and then headed for home. She lived next door to Yugi and Yami. They were kind to her but not as kind as Ryou. She loved him like family and it's hard to let go of family. Another tear escaped from her eye. She knew what it was like to have to let go of family; she had to let go of her mother when she was 7 years old.

Flash back

Alex was waiting for her parents to get back from their dinner date. She just had to tell them about her first A+. She waited on her bed reading a book when she heard a car pull into the driveway. She jumped from her bed and ran downstairs to find that it was her big sister, Marie. Alex looked at her sister puzzlingly as she saw tears roll down her sister's face. Marie was 20 years old and Alex knew that Marie thought that it was immature to cry so she never cried. But this time she actually saw the tears go down her face so clearly that she was about to scream and shout that she wasn't her sister. Marie stared at her for a few more minutes, then threw herself at Alex and wrapped her arms around her younger sister and cried uncontrollably. Alex just stood there confused. Just then Alex's babysitter came in and stared at the both of them, tears filling in her eyes. Marie broke from the hug and cupped her hands on Alex's chin and pulled her so that Alex's eyes met hers. Alex looked into her sister's eyes. Something was wrong because her eyes were filled with sorrow and sadness. "Alex " she said in between weeps, "You need to come to the hospital with me." Alex looked at her for a while without saying a word. Marie obviously didn't want an answer because she took Alex and dragged her to the car as Alex was kicking and screaming at her to let go. Marie didn't let go. Alex was really scared now. Marie put her in the car and went around and got in herself. Alex stayed in there because she wanted to see what was going on. Marie started the car and the drove to the hospital.

They arrived there and Alex got out of the car. There were ambulances on the drop off lane and their lights were still flashing. Marie took her hand and led her into the hospital, tears streaming down her eyes. They passed the sliding glass doors and entered into a big room filled with doctors and nurses scurring around like frightened mice. Some of the nurses glanced at Alex and gave her sad and sympathetic looks. Alex looked around curiously as Marie dragged her to the front desk. She only heard sounds coming from Marie and the desk clerk because she was so little. Then before she knew it she was being dragged like rag doll to an elevator. Marie pushed a button that said "Up" on it and the doors slid open. When they went into the elevator Marie pushed a button that said "5" and the doors slid closed. Alex could feel the ground beneath her shake and gravity pull her down. It was a while before the came to a halt and the doors opened and the descended from the elevator. They went down a long hall until the came into a room a little smaller than the one downstairs. Marie stopped and Alex looked up at her in confusion. Her sister said nothing so she decided to find what they stopped for herself. Alex looked around and her eyes met an object, her father. His head was buried in his hand and he seemed to be shaking his head. "Daddy" she yelled. Her father lifted his head and spread his arms open to his daughter. She ran into her father's arms and was embraced in a big hug. She suddenly felt warm water trickle down her neck. She pulled away from her hug and looked into her father's eyes. They were filled with tears also. She put a hand on her father's cheek and asked, "Daddy, what is going on?" He stared at her for a moment and then looked up at Marie and nodded. Marie took Alex's hand and led her away from her father. Marie led her to a room that had a sign that said "Temporary Patients" on it. She went through the doorway and stood in the middle of a dark and quiet room. She looked around the room until her eyes met the bed. There was a woman on the bed. "Mommy" she said in a worried voice as she ran to her mother's side. Her mother looked terrible. She was covered in blood and she had a bloody bandaged on her stomach. She took her mothers hand and held it in hers'. She heard the door shut and she looked behind her to find that Marie was gone. Her mother opened her eyes and looked at Alex. Then a smile crept on her face and she moved her hand so that it touched Alex's hair. Alex turned around and her mother put her had on her cheek. She moved it up and down her cheek and she whispered, "Hey, how are you doing? What did you do today?" Alex did a little sigh and said, "I got an A+ on my report card." "Really?" said her mother in a weary voice, "That's great. Listen. I'm going to go to sleep for a long time and I probably won't see you tomorrow. I don't want you to cry for me, okay? Can you promise me that?" Alex looked at her in confusion. She took her mothers hand and held on to it for as if it was something fragile. After a while she said with pleading eyes, "Okay. But why would I cry? I will see you again right?" Her mother smiled and she turned her head so that it faced the ceiling and she closed her eyes. At first Alex thought she fell asleep but then the heart monitor went flat and her mother's grip on her hand had loosened and slipped right out of her hand. Alex caught it before it fell to the side of the bed and called out repeatedly "Mommy" in a frightened voice. Suddenly a bunch of nurses and a doctor came in a tried to get her to wake up. Alex backed up till she was in the doorway and whispered, "I promise Mommy."

End Flashback

Alex reached the building that she lived in and went up some stairs. She lived with Isis. She was nice except for the fact that she had Alex do all the cleaning. Alex was the only one working and while she worked Isis either was at a party or with her boyfriend. She came to a door that had the number "4" on it. That was where Yugi and Yami lived. She lived next door, in number "5". She looked at that number and another tear came out of her eye. Twice Isis had to repair it because Alex had ripped it off and threw it into the bush. She has always hated that number. Alex turned to the door and opened it. Isis was on the couch watching TV. Alex closed the door and went to the dining table. She dropped her keys and went to the loveseat. She jumped on it and looked at the TV screen. "I'm moving out," said Isis. Alex looked at her. Isis kept on staring at the TV. "What do you mean your moving out?" asked Alex. "I want my own apartment. I asked the manager if I could live next door in number six and he said yes. I'm moving tomorrow morning." Alex looked at her in shock. This just wasn't her day. She got up from the couch and headed toward the door. Isis looked up at her and watched her leave through the door. She slammed the door shut and Isis said, " I knew I should've broken it to her carefully." Alex stood outside the door and sighed heavily. Why did she tell her now? She knew that Ryou had left and that Alex would be depressed. Alex did another heavy sigh. She decided she would take a walk before she went back inside. She started down the stairs and came to the sidewalk.

Back with Bakura

He got out of his car and walked up to his apartment door. He went inside and laid his keys on the coffee table, and then he went to his couch and sat down with a sigh. This was hard for him but he knew that he would see Ryou again and that this depression would pass. He sighed and decided to go to the grocery store to by some ice cream that always helped him when he was angry or depressed. He went to go grab his keys when he thought about how nice it was outside. He then changed his mind and decided to take a walk. He went outside, closed the door, and went down the sidewalk to Shoppe-quick Mart.

Sesiani: Wow! I think this was pretty good. If you think so please review. If not…go away.