Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Beyond The Darkness ❯ kidnapped ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Me: here it is!! Chapter 2!!! I still don't know what to call this fic….um…..*glances at readers (if there are any)* ideas???? Anyone?????

Yami: *snorts* and you call yourself a writer?

Me: "………."

Yami: I thought so

Me: Yami!!! Be nice!!!! *smacks the back of yami's head* anyways, I'm new to

Yugioh, and haven't gotten any brilliant ideas yet….i'm testing new waters, here, ya know

Yami: *growl* why you little *bleeps out swear words*

Me: AIEEE~~~~!!!!!!!! *runs for dear life*

Yami: *grabs the back of her shirt, accidentally pulling it off* *stares*

Me: Yami!!! You hentai jerk!!!! This isn't a peep show, you know!!!!! You gotta pay first!!!!

Yami: 0_0 *shakes head, closing eyes* are you sure those things are….

Me: YAMI!!!!!!! *looks around for heavy rock* SO WHAT IF I'M CURSED WITH

THESE……AND YES, THEY ARE REAL!!!!! *chucks rock at yami's head*

Yami: *ducks* anyways, what's with that creepy little scene at the beginning? Care to

explain?

Me: *hmph* *buttons shirt* Why should I tell you? It's not my fault if you're too dense to understand-

Yami: not me, stupid. Your audience.

Me: oh. Ok. Um….that guy was a servant of Pegasus'. Pegasus needs yugi in order to be freed from his imprisonment in the shadow realm he can't leave the shadow realm, so he needs servants to do his bidding. this chapter should clear everything up...oh, it's longer and has more action, too. this is where the real story starts.

Yami: Then why didn't you make this chapter one? what was the point of that first one?

Me: *glares* I didn't know what i was doing when i started it. but i like it. so it's staying.

Yami: can we start the fic now?

**************

The night sky was an ominous, distant black void. It was shadowed by the hustle and bustle of the city. Tokyo never slept. The city lights glared brightly, a blur of honking horns; swear words, neon lights, and drunken songs. The man-made jungle. On the outer skirts of town, more into the suburban area, things weren't as noisy. The houses were quiet, most people in bed. The street lights still kept the dark night at bay, save for unsavory alleys filled with unconscious drunks and the like. The shadows were dark and quiet. Ok, so a few alley cats quarreled, but that was about all. Oh, save for a few people still awake at this ungodly hour. A young teenaged couple, a freshman boy and a senior girl, were alone together while his parents were away. A man tossed and turned on the couch, wishing he'd gone with his wife when she picked out the furniture (he would've chosen a more comfortable couch), and hadn't argued with her…their very first fight. (A/N: awww, aint that sweet?) A young girl sitting in zombie mode at her computer, typing and slaving away. (A/N: isn't college wonderful? And guess who that girl is?) The last one was a little boy curled into a ball under thick, fluffy blankets, crying.

Yugi Mouto sniffled and wiped his eyes on his pajama sleeve. His throat was dry and hoarse and his huge violet eyes were swollen and red rimmed from all the tears he'd shed. He hadn't bothered to stifle his sobs, for there was no one to hear them, no one to comfort him. The two people he loved the most in the world, his only family, were gone.

He hadn't seen Yami or Jiichan for well over a month now. Jiichan was gone on an extremely complicated archaeological excavation that had called him out of retirement, and Yami, who'd been left to take care of Yugi, had suddenly taken off, not fully explaining to Yugi. Just that there was a problem he had to take care of. A problem in the Shadow Realm. Yugi had wanted to follow and help out, but Yami had forbidden him. He didn't have dark powers, and the Shadow Realm was a very dangerous place. Yami himself was of the Shadow Realm: he had been imprisoned in the Millennium Puzzle Yugi's Jiichan had given him, and Yugi had freed him. Now, Yami was free of the puzzle- he was flesh and blood. But his heart wasn't able to roam freely- it belonged to Yugi. Yami had given it willingly.

Poor little Yugi had been left to fend for himself for a few months now. He was only 15 years old and very small for his age. His heart was hurting; bleeding from the emptiness in. They both were gone. He had no one, except himself. Growing up, Jiichan had always been there for him; he had retired before Yugi was born. But this new project was revolutionary and required expert knowledge, and there never had been a finer archaeologist than Sugoruko Mutou. Yugi missed his dear Grandpa and Yami terribly. He hadn't heard from either of them since their departures. Jiichan's he understood; his new project was just getting underway, and he had no free time, no days off. But Yami……..Yugi didn't know what to make of him. He understood his grandfather's absence, but his yami's……….no explanations, no call, nothing. Not even their mind link was working anymore. Yugi's soul was empty, devoid of his other half. The day Yami had walked out that door was the last day Yugi had been able to contact him.

And now, without Yami….Yugi curled up tighter upon himself, clutching his Duel Monster plushie to his small frame and crying his broken heart out. And all of this was observed from a hidden spot in a corner in the ceiling by a spider, all eyes fixed attentively upon the shaking boy.

*************

From across the time and space continuum, one of the strongest spirits trapped within the Spirit Realm saw the crying child through the many pairs of his servant's eyes. He sighed, running a hand through his shoulder length, well groomed silver hair. "Oh, poor little Yugi!!! Don't worry; I'll put an end to your pain." The malicious gleam in his eye hinted that his plans for Yugi weren't….nice. He laughed manically, causing the many lower, subservient spirits waiting in the eternal darkness to do their master's bidding to cringe. Although he had more power than them, he was unable to cross into the mortal world…….and they could. They didn't have a binding spell placed upon them. They were only bound to their master's will. While his reach was limited to the Shadow Realm, his powers within the realm were…..unspeakably horrendous. While free, he had wreaked so much havoc and mayhem……so many spirits and mortals, good and bad, had suffered at his hands. If it hadn't been for another demon's intense hatred of him, he'd still be free…..they shuddered again in their shackles, whether at the thought of him being free, or the demon who was sealed away. The only demon with as much power as him; the demon known as Neko Oni.

/Mazou!/ The only creature of Pegasus's that wasn't shackled came at the voice resounding in his head. The chained creatures, there against their will, would have jumped when he called them.

/Master! What is it you desire?/

/It is time for you, my loyal servant, to go and fetch me the boy./

/Yes, master/ Pegasus reached out a hand, caressing the cold, slimy smooth skin of the demon, then ringing the bell that was on a collar around the demon's neck. Mazou was Pegasus's favorite. He was his trusted servant, and the only monster remaining from the old days. From the days when he hadn't been trapped in a dark corner of the Shadow Realm, his power locked away with him. Now that he was sealed away, his power was diminished; it was trapped, allowing him only the basic use of his magic. He no longer had his strong monster army with him; they were on the outside of this dark little box, free to roam the eternal vastness of the Shadow Realm. The only monster he had with him was Mazou, and that creature was in a weaker version of his real self. The collar around Mazou's neck contained an enchantment that trapped him in a small, weakened body.

The bell on the red leather collar tinkled, and Mazou disappeared in a flash of light.

****************

Yugi slept curled in a fetal position, shivering despite the fact that the furnace was turned up and he had thick, warm blankets tucked about him. Tear tracks marred his soft alabaster cheeks. It wasn't cold in his room, but he still felt so cold and lonely inside. There were no other caring souls to offer warmth. The floor was had a soft, furry carpet and was littered with toys from Yugi's toy box; toys and games to help pass the time, lonely distractions. the wood there was unsealed. Yugi hadn't bothered to keep it clean, for there was no one to keep it clean for. He had occasionally tripped over the scattered toys. The curtains were a light blue with puffy white clouds on them. His bed had the same décor, and the walls were light blue with pictures of him at different ages. His polished cherry wood toy box was closed and empty; the majority of toys were on the floor. His closet was full; since he needed clothes to wear, he did the laundry.

The spider hidden in the ceiling corner sighed, his eyelids drooping. Even after all this time in this mortal body, he was still unused to this sensation of sleep. His body screamed for him to give in, lay down, and drift into unconsciousness. But his orders were to watch the boy at all times. And he didn't dare to disobey Master Pegasus……

He nearly had a heart attack as a creature, the master's favorite pet, materialized next to him. Yugi stirred at the flash of light, curling more into himself and burying his head further under the blankets. Mazou chuckled. "This is the one Master wants? How easy. I'm surprised you couldn't do it, Nafu."

The spider cringed at the condescending tone but said nothing.

"Master is not pleased with you. You're in for it when you get back. It was nice knowing you, Nafu."

The spider, Nafu, whimpered. Mazou smiled nastily and tinkled his bell. "Have a nice trip, Nafu." he whispered as the spider disappeared and was sent back to the Shadow Realm.

Mazou's pure black, pupil less eyes traveled back to the sleeping boy when he heard the child whimper and curl in even more upon himself. He grinned maliciously. Getting closer to the child, hovering mere inches from him, he could feel the innocence and light radiating from that small frame. Definitely a hikari. He mouth began to water at the delicious scent of the boy.....maybe, after his master was free and Mazou was in his real, former body again with all of his power restored, and his master was done with the boy, ready to discard the little body.....maybe, he could make use of it. Mazou licked drool from his chin. It had been so long since he'd eaten something this sweet.......

Mazou shook his head just as the boy, sensing someone was near, awoke. Wide, innocent purple eyes met black, depthless ones and the boy screamed in fear and surprise. Quickly, before any more blunders were made, Mazou grabbed onto the boy with a tiny, dirty claw and tinkled his bell. The two disappeared in a flash of light.

***********

A fog of heavy black mist parted under the fluttering of a harpy's wings. Suddenly, a huge dark claw with bloodstained nails reached out from the unseen, endless darkness to grab at her. She squawked angrily and slashed with her own clean claw, drawing a cry from the...whatever it was..., causing it to retreat. She smirked to herself, licking the blood off of her nails, only to spit it out at the vile, decaying taste of it. She shook her head, polished her nails on the gleaming, pristine emerald green feathers, then flew onward.

She met with no other annoyances so common in the Shadow Realm. The fog was getting thicker the higher she flew, and the color changed from black to purple. She landed high upon a mountain top and knelt down. A beautiful girl in purple robes with cunning eyes and blonde hair awaited her. Mistress Mai.

Mai nodded once her pet harpy finished telling her the latest news. The harpy nuzzled against her, and she absentmindedly stroked her feathers. "This is as I feared. Pegasus is one step away from his scheme for freedom. Ever since he had been banished, everyone knew he was planning his escape from the Shadow Box. But for it to actually happen....."

Mai shook her head. "This must not be allowed. There is very little we can do....but we will help those with the power to stop him. Mazou should arrive in the shadow world very soon. Weak as he is, I can still feel him. He'll go straight to the Box and Pegasus." here she smirked, and glanced over her shoulder. A flock of finely feathered harpies had come near her, gathering around her as their comrade delivered her news. "Unless, of course, something were to interfere with his travel plans. Ok, girls, who wants this one?"

The harpies looked around. The emerald one nudged her head forcefully against Mai, getting her mistress's attention. "No, not you. You've already done your share. Let them take their turn, too." The green harpy pouted, then joined her sisters. A silver feathered harpy finished preening her immaculate feathers and came forward. She fluffed her feathers slightly, showing off their sheen and holding her head regally high. Mai nodded her head. The harpy walked to the edge of the cliff, shooting her sisters a triumphant, gloating glance and pretended to fix an already perfect feather on the tip of her wing. The other harpies shot her jealous looks and finished preening themselves, each trying to out do the other.

Before she took off, she smirked at the flock. /Don't be jealous because you're too slow at your grooming. I was presentable first, so I got the job/ She gloated gleefully, then spread her wings. Just before she took off, a sudden gust of wind knocked her over, and she went tumbling through the air, falling a few feet before she caught herself. She was fine, but her shiny feathers were no longer neat and sleek. They still shined like polished precious metals, but they were ruffled and disarrayed. Even her neat silver hair was tangled.

Her sisters paused in their cleaning to laugh with abandon. Their own feathers became rumpled in the process, but they didn't seem to care. The air was filled with their cackling. Even Mai seemed amused. The silver harpy sniffed disdainfully and put her nose in the air, then landed to groom herself. Mai shook her head, glaring at the bird then at the sky. The harpy squawked indignantly then flew off, hoping that nothing of importance saw her in such a state. The cackling of her sisters burned in her ears as she flew away.

tbc.....

*************

Me: told you, it would get better. *smiles *

Yami: "........."

Me: ^___^

Yami: what's with you? what are you going to do to my poor little aibou? and WHERE THE **** AM I AT???!!!

Me: Yami, watch your mouth! there might be children reading this. oh, don't worry folks, mai is good in this fic! i like her- and that's rare, for me to like a *female * anime character and, my dear pharaoh, as for what part you play in it.....a very big role.

Yami: then, damn it, onna, why haven't i appeared yet???? and what am i doing in egypt???

Me: all will be revealed with time.

Yami: *mutters * you'd better not kill off anyone. and with the way this fic is going, you're making yami bakura look like a nice guy....speaking of that, are you going to put the others in it?

Me: anou.....i haven't' thought of that....maybe....i'm letting this fic write itself.

Yami: and while we're on this subject, is this going to get angsty?

Me: um......

Yami: you have a habit of torturing characters....and you're shadow realm is just....disturbing *shudders * is any one going to die? and what about the ending?

Me: ok, i admit, i am a horror fiend....so, yes, there's going to be.....some not very nice parts, but nothing *too * bad.......

Yami: by whose standards?

Me: hush! have i ever written a fic without a happy ending? at least, for the good guys?

Yami: "......."

Me: ha!! i thought so!!!!! and oh, the chapters will vary in length, but nothing as short as the first one!!! that was just a warm up!!! so, see you next chapter, folks!!!!! *waves bye byes * say good-bye, yami! *nudges Yami * *Yami sulks and waves *