Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Blood Stained ❯ Misunderstood ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rea: I'm so sorry its taken so long but I've had school…ok? But ya this is short but I got more ideas for the next chapter thanks to my best friend Saki! Well ya but I will try and get the next one up soon…even though it will be longer. As well as this chapter being a lead to the next one this one was going to end up being short anyway.
Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! But I do own the plot and a character… I however don't own Sakhalin.
Notes: `blah' means the person is thinking! (blah blah blah) means that the person is doing something while talking or thinking.
 
Blood Stained
Chapter 10: Misunderstood
 
//Normal POV//
 
As Atemu got close enough to see, his face filled with rage. Lying on the ground was Yugi, bleeding, and his cloak blowing, some what, with the sand. The man, on one of the horses, looked his way. But before the man could react he was on the ground with a gash in his neck. Not being noticed the 2 horses, Yugi and the “guard” had rode in on, ran into the never ending desert. Atemu leaped off his horse and raced to the now unconscious Yugi. Atemu cradles Yugi in his arms as he makes his way back to his horse. After many minor struggles Atemu gets Yugi on the horse with him. Yugi sat in the front, face buried into Atemu's chest so he didn't get sand all in his face.
 
Immediately after arriving at the palace Atemu takes Yugi to a medical room and stay with him. Knowing of Atemu's return Mahado raced to talk to him. Slowing down to a stride, Mahado enters the room. Atemu sat at Yugi's bedside holding his hand. Atemu turned his tear stricken face to Mahado and Mahado immediately regretted what he was going to have to do.
 
Mahado: M-My Pharaoh…
 
Atemu: (tiredly and weakly) yes?
 
Mahado: (takes a deep breath) your father passed while you were away.
 
The terrifying news hit Atemu like a sack of bricks.
 
Mahado: B-but your father told me to tell you something… “Lies hide the love that has potential to shine above all. But once the lies are unraveled the love can break through and shine on forever. I will always watch over you my son.”
 
Atemu waves him away as tears begin to sting his eyes. As he lays his head down on the bed the tears can't be held any longer. Atemu chokes on a sob when he feels a strong, firm hand on his shoulder.
 
Seto: Cousin, we need to talk.
 
//Yugi's POV//
 
I awoke to the sound of uncontrollable sobbing. I force my eyes shut as tight as I can, when I hear Seto.
 
Atemu: (sniffles) what is it Seto.
 
`Atemu must have been crying!' I exclaim in my mind.
 
Seto: (states flatly) Yugi
 
Atemu: very well.
 
I listen to the footsteps walk out of the room. I quickly get up and head to the fake wall, in my closet.
 
//Atemu's POV//
 
Once in my room I sat on the bed as Seto stood in front of me. I tried so hard to retain the posture of a pharaoh but it was so hard after my father's death and my love's planned murder…by someone I probably am going to KILL!
 
Seto: (dully) I know who planned it.
 
Me: please tell me…don't make me beg I'm not in the mood.
 
Seto: Akhendan did it. He planned out the whole thing…from start to finish.
 
Rage filled my body, I wanted to rip him to shreds in front of everyone. So they know if they hurt my little Yugi they will suffer dearly.
 
//Yugi's POV//
 
After carefully maneuvering into a position, without getting hurt, I got into hearing range. `The conversation must have just started.'
 
Seto: what do you think of him now?
 
Atemu: I HATE him so much, Seto. My outlook of him hasn't changed since I've met him! I DESPISE HIM with every once of energy and soul! I want him…OUT OF MY LIFE! FOREVER!
 
I felt as if someone snapped my heart in two…I wanted to die right there. With tears threatening to fall I shut the fake wall and stumbled back into the medical room.
 
~To be continued~