Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Blood Stained ❯ Sad Remembrance ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rea: To those who like this story sorry to say I'm going to draw it to an end soon. I've got the last three chapters after this one wrote out. But I promise there will be a sequel which I'm working on now.But anyways, I hope yall enjoy.
Disclaimer: I don't own yugioh
 
Blood Stained
Chapter 15: Sad Remembrance
 
//With Yugi & Atemu//
 
Yugi began to panic. Then it hit him…he knew what to do. Yugi began to do CPR. After what seemed like forever Atemu started to cough up water. Besides the fact that Atemu was soaked to the bone, weak, and a pounding headache, a small smile crossed his features.
 
//At the Palace// (morning)
 
Horses were ready but the riders weren't. The priests were arguing over who should go.
 
Isis: I think Seto & Mahado should go. They are the closest to the Pharaoh.
 
Akhnadin: Then what are we suppose to do!
 
Shada: Wait for the safe return.
 
To everyone Akhnadin stormed off in frustration but to him, he was laughing at the ignorant fools. While Akhnadin put on his act Seto and Mahado left in search of the royals and friends.
 
It would seem that they had been riding for hours under Ra's shining glory. As they started to become weary from the sun, Mahado spotted an oasis not far from them so they rode toward the oasis.
 
//With Yugi & Atemu//
 
They lay in the sand next to the other resting. Atemu had fallen into a deep sleep and lay in Yugi's lap. Yugi heard horses coming and fast. Yet somehow Yugi knew it wasn't Bakura again. As Mahado and Seto moved into view their horses stopped swiftly and elegantly. Both young men got off their horses and walked up to Yugi while the horses drank from the generous oasis. The two towered over Yugi as they began questioning him.
 
Seto: Yugi, I saw what happened up at the roof top. We all know you did nothing wrong-
 
Mahado: all except Kalim and Shada.
 
Seto: But we haven't explained it to everyone, yet.
 
Mahado: how is our dear Atemu?
 
Seto's gaze unexpectedly softened at the site of the claw marks in Atemu's shoulder. Both bent down to Yugi's level.
 
Yugi: We came to the oasis and I lost energy from a blow to my back. Atemu stood his ground and defended me from the two shadow creatures. But he got injured in the process. Then Bakura came, hit him over the head, and threw him into the oasis. He left. But I was able to get Atemu out of the water.
 
Mahado: {smiles} you are very brave Yugi.
 
Seto: We should head back after the horses get enough water.
 
They all nodded except for the peaceful sleeping Atemu. Once the horses finished Mahado told Seto that he would let the still sleeping Atemu ride on his horse.
 
Seto: NO! He will ride on my horse.
Mahado: why does it matter Seto?
 
Seto said nothing but just picked Atemu up bridal style and got on his horse, surprisingly very elegantly. While Mahado and Yugi seated themselves on Mahado's horse, Seto settled the Atemu like rag doll into place. His legs hung over one side of the horse and his face buried in Seto's shirt, his arms cuddled up against his chest and clenched Seto's shirt as well. As they began to make their way back to the palace Seto smiled. It was a big deal, to Seto, that Atemu rode with him.
 
Almost the exact same thing happened when Atemu was 7. A shadow creature had attacked him while Atemu was on the balcony. Seto had saved his life and incinerated the creature.
 
~~~~~Flash Back to That Night~~~~~
 
Atemu, age 7, lay sprawled out on the floor, eyes dazed and small hands holding the immensely bleeding wound on his left side of his stomach. Seto stood heroically over the now dead body of the shadow creature. Seto's right leg had a minor cut, but he stilled moved quickly over to Atemu. He hurriedly took off his shirt and folded it. Seto placed the semi-neatly folded shirt over the bleeding wound. Atemu whimpered out Seto's name as Seto told him to hold the shirt in place.
 
Seto picked Atemu up and raced to the medical center. All the priests and Atemu's father were in the throne room discussing matters. But as soon as the news came nothing had been more important than the prince's safety. Seto sat by Atemu's side for five straight days. The poor prince had not awoke once, but on the fifth day, dulled crimson eyes met hopeful and tired blue eyes. Seto had gotten up and sat on the bed while Atemu cuddled against his chest. When taking oath as a priest, Seto swore to protect Atemu.
 
~~~~~End Flash Back~~~~~
 
Seeing his young cousin in pain again was enough to shatter a soul from the lack of protection Atemu had. Once at the palace Seto took Atemu to the medical room. Mahado led Yugi to Yugi's room to rest out the rest of the day. Atemu woke up the next morning to a sleeping Yugi beside him and a sleeping Seto in a chair in a close corner. Atemu smiled and kissed Yugi's forehead.
 
Atemu: {whispers} thank you both…so much.
 
One more day passed before both Atemu and Yugi could carry out their royal tasks. So that day Atemu and Yugi sat side by side in the thrones with the priests lined up, except Akhnadin. Atemu spoke with the unwavering voice of a king that held great determination…and power.
 
Atemu: Akhnadin you have committed a great treason against the royal crown and must be punished.
 
Isis: {steps forward} but my Pharaoh he could not have done this alone.
 
Shada: Isis is right Pharaoh. There must have been an accomplice.
 
Atemu: {glares back at Akhnadin} who is your accomplice?
 
Akhnadin: Why, Pharaoh, do you accuse me of such trickery deeds?
 
Atemu: Answer MY question! We all know the answer to your question. You hated that my father got the throne and now you despise me.
 
Akhnadin: {smirks} I'm surprised you figured that out since you always would rather play and hide in pots.
 
Kalim: There is no means necessary for such insults especially towards the Pharaoh.
 
Atemu: {growl} Tell us who the accomplice is.
 
Akhnadin just smiles as a sphere lands between him and the others. Black, eye-watering smoke fills the gap between them. As the smoke began to clear no sign, what-so-ever, of Akhnadin was found. But unknown to all is a mysterious silhouette looking in the places where the dark evil creatures sleep.
 
Rea: well that's it for now…drop me a comment please?