Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Bloody Life ❯ Accident or Incident ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yami: Okay here is the next chapter.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh. I do own Kokoro and Kari.
 
Bloody Life
Chapter 7: Accident or Incident
 
After Kari left, Atemu walked into their shared office and sat down in his seat. But Atemu stood right back up and walked over to Yugi's seat. “How far did you get?” Atemu casually asked. “Pretty far, I think I'm getting in the hang of it,” Yugi answers. Atemu goes to step forward to look onto the screen but trips over the wheel on the chair, which in turn causes the chair to tip over and send both to the floor. Yugi's amethyst eyes blink open to see crimson eyes hovering only an inch away. On the ground the two boys laid entangled with each other. Yugi proceeds to sit up but his head crashes into Atemu's which send Yugi's head back into the floor.
 
(A/N: 6 o'clock that morning was the last time Atemu drank his share of blood.)
 
Yugi's lip was busted open, only a small cut but the blood oozed out. Atemu could feel his teeth descending from his gums. Atemu quickly stood and helped Yugi up making sure not to smile or show his teeth at all. Yugi rubbed the back of his head, “Well that was fun…and different.” Atemu couldn't help but smile at Yugi's innocence. That's when Yugi made a run for the door.
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
The elevator had started downward then abruptly stopped. Kokoro's voice came over the speaker, “We are having a minor malfunction. Please don't panic. We'll have them up and running soon.” Kari groans, “Oh, this is great.” Seto glances at her, “What do you mean?” “As if you don't know, I'm stuck in a damn elevator with Mr. High and Mighty Kaiba.” This time Seto groaned, “Don't call me that, please?” Kari smiled evilly, “What, Kaiba, Kaiba, Kaiba, Kaiba-?” Seto took a step closer to Kari; he stood now in the middle of the elevator. Seto smirks, “Say it again and I'll take another step closer.” “Alright Mr. Kaiba but I'm-.” Kari quickly stopped once she realized what she said. Seto took another step and trapped Kari against the wall. They were close, but not enough to be touching. Seto sighs and plops down onto the floor, “Go to the other side and leave me alone.” Kari sits down next to him, “What's wrong with you?” A sad smile creeps onto his face, “You remind me of someone.” “Who?” “Someone that was close…she died.” “Oh…I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked it's not my place,” Kari says. Seto laughs, “Maybe it should.” Seto stands then helps her up.
 
The elevator jerks downward, sending them falling. Seto grabs Kari's arm to stop her from falling. He holds her against the wall but in his soft yet firm grip. The elevator kept passing floors which meant that the elevator was spiraling down and would crash. Seto knew he had to do something…but what? That's when he spotted the emergency hatch on the roof of the elevator. “Do you trust me?” Seto asks Kari. Kari shakes her head, “No…” “Please, I won't hurt you, promise,” Seto pleaded. Kari nods, “Okay…get us out of here.” Seto lets her go and opens the hatch. He climbs out then pulls Kari out with him. “I need you to hold on to me,” Seto said. Kari complies, she wraps her arms around his neck and nods that she's ready. As they pass a floor Seto jumps and holds onto the edge of the ledge. “Kari, pull yourself up.” She slowly grabs onto the ledge and shakily pulls herself to safety. Seto then pulls himself up, “Are you hurt at all?” Kari shakes her head no. Seto stands up and helps Kari up. But she screams and falls back to the ground.
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
Yugi was pretty quick for a human. But Atemu's a vampire. Atemu stood in front of the door. Yugi began backing away, “You…You're a vampire.” Atemu walked toward Yugi. But Yugi yelled at him, “Stay away from me! I…I'm reporting this!” Yugi turned and started for the phone. But once again was intercepted. This time Atemu linked his arms around Yugi's waist and pulled them both to the floor. “Sorry Yugi but I can' let you do that.” Atemu pinned Yugi to the floor and leaned in close to his face. Yugi squirmed trying to get away. That is till the door flew open and Kokoro walked in and shut the door behind him. Kokoro sighs, “Atemu, tell me the truth. Did he find out?” Atemu nods, “Yeah let's do it.”
 
Yugi's eyes tripled in size when Kokoro kneeled down next to him and pulled out a needle with greenish liquid in it. The silvered hair man looked at Yugi, “Hold him down.” Yugi began squirming even more till the contents of the needle emptied into his arm. Yugi began drifting into sleep. Atemu stood, “What's wrong Kokoro?” Kokoro sighs, “Seto should be here to chew my ass out.” “What went wrong?” Atemu asked. Kokoro shrugged, “I honestly don't know.”
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
It was determined that when they made the jump Kari had sprained her ankle some how. Seto opened the door and picked her up bridal style. “Thank you,” Kari whispered. Seto just smiled and hit the elevator button. “Why are we getting back in an elevator?” Kari questioned. Seto smiles, “That elevator has been acting up. I forgot till now. The others are safe.” Kari nods, “So where are you taking me?” Seto steps into the elevator, “To my office where I can fix you all up.” Kari just accepts it and leans her head against his chest.
 
Seto carried Kari to his office and wrapped her ankle. She gratefully thanked Seto, “Thank you for saving my life. But work on the attitude, `kay?” Seto smirks, “I will…” Kari leaves and Seto goes back to work, eagerly waiting to get off so he can talk to Atemu and Kokoro about the events.
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
Kokoro had left to finish his job. Atemu laid Yugi on the small love seat that was placed in the office. While Yugi slept Atemu cleaned everything up and finished both their work. About an hour before they all had to leave Yugi awoke to the sound of typing. Yugi rubbed his eyes and looked around, “What happened?” Atemu smiled and walked over to him, “You were showing me the work you had done when we fell to the floor. You hit your head and have been out cold.” “It was all a dream,” Yugi mumbled to himself. Atemu smirks and hands Yugi his things. “Now you get out of here. I did your work so you're not behind. So go home and rest.” Yugi nods and leaves. Atemu quickly shut everything down and leaves to Seto's house, knowing an explanation is needed.