Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Bloody Life ❯ Patched Up ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yami Rea: Ha-ha I've finally neared the end. The chapter is short not really even a page on my computer but I've been writing in pen so my writing is bigger on paper and thus I use more paper. Ha-ha It's taken so long and much work but hey finally here. I hate to end it but I can't take it any further. I have too many other things to write. Anyway here's the last real chapter before the epilogue.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh. I do own Kari, Kaname, Kira, and Kokoro (ever noticed they're all Ks I just did)
 
Bloody Life
Chapter 18: Patched Up
 
Kokoro sits at Seto's bedside waiting for him to awaken. Kira had left almost immediately after the battle while Bakura and Ryou returned to their home. Atemu and Yugi returned to Atemu's home. The two ancient lovers had wished Kokoro luck and demanded any new complications and updates on Seto's condition. After tearing Kaname to pieces Seto had passed out right on the spot and hadn't awaked since. Kira had told Kokoro that he still had to fight off the full blood venom. She had added the fact that Seto had suffered a lot and that the mental damages may take longer to heal than the psychical injuries. So now Kokoro sat in solitude except for the unconscious male in the bed.
 
The distraught vampire began to doze before a weak hand grasps his own. Liquid gold meets ice blue and smiles grew. Seto sits up, “H-How am I free?” Kokoro can't help but grin, “You killed Kaname but then you lost consciousness.” Memories flood over Seto and he holds his head in his hands sobbing. His fragile body trembles from the racking sobbing. Kokoro leans forward and embraces his love but Seto only leans away. Kokoro frowns deeply, “What's wrong Seto? Have I done something wrong?” Seto shakes his head, “I betrayed you. I betrayed out love and became his puppet of all things. I'm nothing but filth.” Kokoro embraces Seto, “No, now stop that jabber. I don't care what he did to you; you will always be and always are loved by me. In the past, in the present, and in the future I will always love you.” Warm tears of joy slide down Seto's cheeks, “I love you Kokoro.”
 
The following two months brought many events. Bakura proposed to Ryou and Atemu had also proposed to Yugi. They would be getting married in less than a year. But at the time being Seto lay on a couch reading an old leather bound book. Soft footsteps walk in and Kokoro kneels down at the side of the couch. “My love, I have brought you a gift,” the lunar haired vampire declares. A smile curves onto Seto's lips, “Okay let me see it my silver warrior.” Kokoro pulls out a velvet red box and places it in Seto's palm. Full of silent glee Seto opens the box to reveal a gold band with small moonstones around it. His eyes light up as Kokoro takes the ring, “Marry me?” Seto nods happily as his love slides the ring on his finger. The two leap into each other's arms. “Thank you Kokoro…I love you,” the cerulean eyed vampire mumbles into the other's neck. “I love you as well,” says Kokoro before they come together in a passionate kiss.