Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Broken glass ❯ Sticks and stones may break my bones.. ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Authors note: Well, yet another story from me…I dunno if most of you will like this so…read at your own risk!! Now on to the story!

/ / Hikari's speaking to their Yami's

// // Yami's speaking to their Hikari's

Italics are thoughts ((This is not working for me at the moment ^^'))

Chapter 1 - Sticks and stones will break my bones…

A small tri-coloured hair boy lay on this bed alone in his room.

Well, not totally alone.

/Ne…Yami?/ the small boy asked to the darkness.

//Yes, Yugi?// Yami appeared next to him.

/What time is it?/ Yugi asked him quietly.

//It's midnight now, aibou. You should get some sleep// Yami looked at him concerned.

/I'm not tired/ Yugi looked away from his Yami.

//What's wrong?// Yami asked, genuinely concerned now.

/Nothing…nothings wrong/ Yugi said, closing his eyes. Yami sighed, and retreated to his soul room. Yugi lay there thinking, thinking of what happened the other day…

~Flashback~

"Hey Yuge! Hurry up!" Jonouchi yelled, walking a bit faster than Yugi.

"But Jou! You have longer legs than me!" Yugi panted, running to keep up with him. This was the first time Yugi was going to Jonouchi's house, and the last time he would go. As they approached Jou's apartment, Yugi thought he heard yelling.

"Yuge…maybe we shouldn't go to my house today," Jonouchi said, looking a bit nervous.

"Aw, but we're halfway there," Yugi whined, hitching up his backpack higher.

"Alright," Jou sighed, slowing down.

"Is anyone gonna be home?" Yugi asked.

"Yea…my dad," Jonouchi winced as the yelling got louder.

"Oh! Can I meet him?" Yugi asked, oblivious to the discomfort Jonouchi was showing.

"I don't think you want to," Jonouchi said uncomfortably.

~End of flashback~

Yugi involuntarily winced at the thought of what happened next. He lay on this stomach because his back was bruised. He couldn't move his arms either. All in all, he could hardly move

I wonder how Jou is…

Jou's father had been drunk; Jou's father had beaten him. Then he had turned on Yugi.

I'm so sorry I talked you into that Jonouchi, I'm so sorry

//Aibou, please// Yami re-appeared //what happened at Jonouchi's house? Why couldn't I see you?// Yugi sighed.

/Look at me, Yami/

//Aibou! You're all bruised! You…went to Jonouchi's house…// Yami finally understood.

/Yami...we have to help him/ Yugi replied sadly.

//First, are you going to school tomorrow?// Yami asked.

/Well/ Yugi lifted an arm up slowly /I guess/

//Well I'm right here, if you need me to take over for you// Yami suggested.

/That's a great idea!/ Yugi would have jumped up and hugged the spirit if he wasn't bruised, /You can go for me!/

//Yes// Yami smiled. //And you can re-cooperate in your soul room//

/Thanks Yami/ Yugi yawned.

//Your welcome aibou, go to sleep// Yami faded as Yugi finally fell asleep.

~Jou~

Jonouchi groaned, lying on the floor of his room. All of his energy was spent distracting his dad so Yugi could leave.

Stupid, bastard of a father

He couldn't believe he had to go to school the next day like this, but anything was better than this. He had to stay far away from home as much as possible.

I'm sorry Yuge

Jou relaxed, his hair falling in front of his face, and fell asleep to the sound of his dad's harsh cursing.

~Next Day~

Yugi woke up, and immediately changed into Yami. He ran down the stairs, said goodbye to Yugi's grandpa and walked to school by Yugi's directions.

/Try not to be noticed, okay?/ Yugi warned, /please try to act like me/

//I will--//

/And check on Jou!/

//I will aibou!// Yami almost yelled out loud.

/Sorry./

//It's okay// Yami spotted Yugi's friends and walked towards them.

"Hey Yugi!" Anzu yelled, waving.

Oh good, they're stupider than I thought. Or maybe she has bad eyesight.

"Hey Anzu!" Yami put on a smile and waved back.

"Have you seen Jonouchi?" Honda asked, skipping the hellos.

"No, why?" Yami tried to look innocent.

"Well, he usually meets me halfway but I haven't seen him," Honda said, looking the way he came.

"Well maybe Seto would know," Yami suggested, referring to Jou's boyfriend.

"Oy! Kaiba!" Honda yelled across the campus. Seto looked up, snorted, and walked over.

"What do you want?" Seto asked, looking at them. "Where's Jou?"

"We thought you would know," Anzu sighed, lowering her head slightly.

"You don't know?" Seto raised an eyebrow, glancing at the group of friends.

"Hey guys," Jonouchi called, walking over, walking a bit slower than usual.

"Jou!? Where have you been?!" Honda ran over, shaking him.

"Don't shake him!" Yami yelled in a harsh tone.

"Huh?" Honda blinked, stopping.

"It's okay," Jonouchi smiled weakly.

"Jou? What's wrong?" Anzu asked, curious and deeply concerned at the same time.

"Nothing," Jonouchi trailed off, staring at Yami.

"Jonouchi, come here," Yami motioned over to him and walked away from the group. Jonouchi followed.

"What are ya doin' here Yami?" Jonouchi asked, knowing Yugi better than most.

"Yugi didn't feel up to coming to school today," Yami said quietly.

"Oh…" Jonouchi trailed off again, pushing away from stray strands of hair. "Could I talk to him…maybe?" Yami's eyes looked dazed for a minute, then he switched control to Yugi. "Aw man Yuge, I'm really sorry," Jonouchi said, looking over Yugi.

"It's okay Jou. I shouldn't have pushed you," Yugi smiled, for the most part.

"Well, at least it wasn't worse," Jonouchi smiled back, taking the optimistic side.

"True, but are YOU okay?" Yugi asked Jonouchi hurriedly.

"Yea, I'm used to it," Jonouchi laughed it off.

"Guys! The bell is about to ring!" Anzu called.

"Hurry and change Yugi! We're gonna be late!" Jonouchi put on his happy face and ran to the others.

"Coming!" Yugi called, changing back into Yami and joining the others.

~Class~

"Hey guys!" Ryou smiled at them, "hey Yami," he said surprised at the ancient pharaoh standing next to him.

"Yami?!" Anzu yelled, turning on Yami.

"B-back off!" Yami backed up slightly.

"Where's our Yugi?" Honda asked, accusingly. Yami looked at Jonouchi snuggled in Seto's arms, and he shook his head.

"He didn't want to miss school," Yami said evasively.

"Why?" Ryou questioned, concerned.

"He's not feeling well," Yami said, and that ended it.

"SETTLE DOWN YOU DELINQUENTS!" Mr. Takanaka yelled.

"Oh…my…" Yami's eyes widened, "my aibou has to go through his everyday?"

"Get used to it," Honda laughed at the look on Yami's face.

"I should send him to the shadow realm!" Yami said, with a look of disgust on his face as the teacher used every curse word in the book, and then some.

"Just hope dumb Takanaka doesn't notice anything," Honda said in a bit of a quieter tone.

"What was that Honda?! DETENTION!" Mr. Takanaka yelled.

"Aw not again!" Honda groaned, pounding his desk.

~End of chapter ^^~

Soo…do ya like? Please review and tell me! ^_^ Thanks very much!