Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Broken glass ❯ The plot thickens, with pancakes! ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Authors note: I don't own YuGiOh…and if I did, there would be life sized Jou and Marik plushies…wait are there already!? Damn.

Chapter 8 - The plot thickens, with pancakes!

Sashi was having the worst time in her life. First, the shower was too cold. Then, there was a hole blown in the wall and she had just enough time to cover herself up so the intruder couldn't kidnap her totally naked. Then, Marik and Yami were too slow! Now she was being carried roughly to who knows where, because all she could see was the back since she was slung over this mans shoulder uncomfortably.

"Um, mister?"

"What is it?" The man growled, not slowing down at all, since they were being pursued.

"Why did you kidnap me?" Sashi couldn't see his face, so she didn't know what expression he made after she asked the question. There was silence for a second, save for a screech from car tires in the distance as the man ran out of the city into the outskirts.

"You'll see when we arrive," The man said finally, and that ended further discussion of that topic.

"What's your name?" Sashi asked curiously, her damp curls clinging to her face.

"Excuse me?"

"What is your name?" she repeated the question a bit slower. There was more silence, then,

"Kaminari," Kaminari finally answered gruffly.

"Is that your first name?" Sashi asked politely, as Kaminari slowed down a little.

"I haven't used my first name since I graduated high school." Why the hell am I telling this inferior girl parts of my history?!

"Oh." Sashi thought about this for a minute. "Oh man, I'm sorry. I'm getting your robe wet." Kaminari looked at his shoulder to see she was right; there was a dark blue wet spot that stood out against his already dark blue robe. Why is she apologizing to me?! Why…why do I feel a weird sensation in my stomach?… Kaminari stopped for a second, and clutched at his stomach. "Are you okay?" Sashi asked at the sudden stop in movement, but she still couldn't turn enough to see his face.

"I'm fine," Kaminari pulled back his hood with his free hand, keeping his other hand firmly around Sashi's lower back.

"You know…I really hope you can't see anything over there…otherwise I'll have to smack you," Sashi commented, brushing the drying curls out of her face. Kaminari was slightly taken aback. Does this girl realize she's being kidnapped? How can she be so calm about it?

~

"Pharaoh! Can't you run any faster?!" Marik exclaimed, speeding towards the outskirts of the city.

"It's not my fault! Really!" Yami shouted back, holding onto Yugi tightly so he wouldn't fall off the spirits shoulder. There was a sound of a screeching motorcycle from around the corner, and as Marik turned it ran right into him, flinging him a good few feet away.

"Holy crap! What the hell was that?!" the blonde yelled, sitting up and holding his head.

"Oh, hi Isis!" Yami said excitedly.

"Sister?" Marik looked over to where the motorcycle was and saw indeed, it was Isis. But along with Isis there was…Malik.

"What the fuck are you doing here?!" Malik screamed, jumping off the motorcycle.

"I'm chasing after my girlfriend, why do you think I was running?" Marik replied casually.

"I bet she hates you!" Malik said accusingly, pointing a finger at his darker half.

"No. Actually she got kidnapped," the crazy haired blonde stared icily at his former aibou, which could rival Kaiba's evil stare.

"Oh," Isis folded her arms, and stared at Malik in an accusing way.

"Alright! I'm sorry," Malik apologized.

"Good! Now can I borrow your motorcycle?" Marik asked, all anger melting away, walking towards the two very quickly.

"Marik! Wait!" Malik protested, as Marik jumped onto the seat and placed his hands on the handles.

"Come on, pharaoh! Yugi, stay here," the blonde instructed as Yami climbed on also, ignoring Malik's protesting from below. Marik pressed his hands on the gas and sped away, leaving the three in a bewildered state.

"MARIK!! COME BACK HERE NOW!!!" Malik yelled, shaking his fist at the retreating form of the motorcycle.

"Calm down, brother. He'll be back," Isis reassured him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I hope he doesn't wreck my motorcycle…" Malik muttered, looking over at Yugi.

"What?! Yami'll make sure that he doesn't crash or anything," Yugi said in the most reassuring way he could.

"How have you two separated?" Isis asked, the thought just coming back to her.

"Oh…see it's a long story," Yugi laughed nervously.

"We have ALL day," Malik stared at Yugi, his eyes narrowing.

"Ahah…yeah I know. Come back to my house with me! I have fresh pancakes…" Yugi pulled the two back to the house urgently. He told them the whole story, feeding them pancakes to keep their tempers down. He even showed them the room that Marik slept in, and the hole in the wall where Sashi was taken.

"Ooh. I see," Isis nodded, inspecting the wall carefully.

"That was done by a grenade," Malik said automatically. Isis and Yugi stared at him, and he stared back. "What? There's a grenade shell right there!" Malik rolled his eyes.

"Oh…didn't see that," the small boy laughed nervously. Isis went over and picked up the shell, examining it closely.

"Wait a minute, this is a grenade from Kaiba Corp!" Isis exclaimed, showing them both the label on the bottom. Indeed, the shell bore the label of Kaiba Corp, even though the explosion wore the edges away. The big K and C were clearly visible in the light.

"Why would Kaiba do this?" Yugi asked, looking at the Kaiba Corp logo sadly.

"I don't think Kaiba did this," Isis commented calmly. Malik looked at his sister oddly,

"But it has the logo on it! It's definitely from Kaiba's company!"

"Yes but, don't you remember? He destroyed the weapons section of the company right after he took power," Isis explained, looking over at Yugi.

"You're right!" Yugi exclaimed, "I remember he told me that once, when we were sent to the virtual reality Noa created."

"Exactly. So how could they make these weapons if he shut that section down? There has to be some foul play going on here and we are going to get to the bottom of this!" Isis stood up abruptly, and walked out of the bathroom. Yugi and Malik followed her, puzzled by her sudden actions. Just then, the phone rang. Yugi ran over to answer it, and picked it up.

"Moshi moshi, Yugi speaking."

"Yugi!? This is Kaiba," Kaiba's voice almost sounded like he was in panic.

"Oh, hi Kaiba. What's wrong?" Yugi asked, concern etched all over his face.

"Mokuba is missing. Is he over there??" Kaiba's voice definitely had a hint of panic in it right now, but most of it Yugi could tell was anger. Sashi is kidnapped…then Mokuba goes missing. Are they connected?

"No, he's not here. Actually, Sashi was just kidnapped so we're looking for her as well," the small boy said, holding the earpiece closer to his ear.

"Really? Do you think they're connected at all?" Kaiba exclaimed, making Yugi take the receiver away from his ear immediately.

"That's just what I was thinking, Kaiba. Get over to my house right away, I think you need to see something," Yugi said and hung up without giving Kaiba time to reply. "We're having company!" Yugi said cheerfully, making Malik and Isis give him weird looks.

~Sashi~

"You really can't see anything right?" Sashi asked again, as they moved farther and farther away from Domino City.

"No, I can't," Kaminari said for the third time since they started walking again.

"Okay good," Sashi smiled and started playing a little rhythm by tapping her fingers against Kaminari's back. Man, this girl is really irritating me! And yet…at the same time…she's kind of fun to be around…Kaminari's mind was really cloudy and unclear. He had no idea what he was feeling; it felt like nausea and an excessive amount of happiness at the same time. And again, he stopped in his tracks. But this time, he let Sashi down, and for the first time she got a good look at his face.

He had bright red eyes, which clashed with his short and spiky dark purple hair. His skin was pale and pulled tightly across his face, and his nose was small and rounded. She stared into those intense red eyes until he looked away.

"I'm sorry, was I staring?" Sashi apologized in her most sincere voice. Kaminari looked back at her and smiled.

"No, it's just that…you're the first person that hasn't…well, screamed or anything when you first looked at me," Kaminari laughed a little, and stared at Sashi, "you're very unique…do you know that?"

Sashi was a little taken aback by this comment. She looked at him again, speechless for once. Kaminari smiled again, and brushed some curls out of Sashi's face. There was a roar of an engine in the distance, but neither of them noticed. Sashi felt like she was paralyzed, she couldn't look away from her kidnapper. Why do I find him so intriguing? I mean…he kidnapped me. I like Marik…right?

"We should get going," Kaminari said suddenly, grabbing her roughly again by the waist. The engine noise became much louder, and both of them noticed it now. "Damn. I knew this would happen!" Kaminari muttered, throwing Sashi over his shoulder once again and started walking; but at a faster pace.

"But I thought you were nice!" Sashi whined, hanging her head, a little disgruntled. She didn't like the fact she was still being carried like a hopeless prisoner - even though that's what she was.

"It's not in my job description to be nice to prisoners. Forget that happened," Kaminari growled and quickened his pace. Alright! No more weaknesses. You CAN NOT show weaknesses you fool! With this implanted permanently in his mind, he acted like the girl was just another prisoner he would never see again.

"Oi! Sashi! Are you out here somewhere?!" A voice yelled, breaking the silence. The engine roared louder, and Sashi realized it was her rescuers.

"Oh shit," Kaminari cursed, and broke into a run. Sashi realized it was a motorcycle, and grinned. No one can outrun a motorcycle. Just then, the piece that was holding her towel on came undone.

"Crap!" She exclaimed, trying to put it back together, which proved difficult since Kaminari was running over some bumpy landscape.

"What's wrong now?!" barked Kaminari, who didn't even slow down in the slightest.

"My towel is going to come off!" Sashi shrieked, starting to panic. Kaminari almost froze in surprise, but he kept on running. No weaknesses…no weaknesses… He repeated to himself over and over as Sashi kept yelling, which drew the rescuers closer to them.

~Marik, Yami~

"I see her!" Marik exclaimed, "Pharaoh look!! She's over there!"

Indeed she was, they saw a really tall man in dark blue robes running amazingly fast, with Sashi thrown over his shoulder.

"What is she doing?" Yami squinted a little. "Oh my, her towel came undone…"

"What?! That man better not do anything to my Sashi! That pervert!!" Marik exclaimed, rage flashing in his dark purple eyes. The spirit actually was a little scared of the blonde, who sped up even more. I didn't know motorcycles even went this fast… Yami stared amazed; he had to blink excessively so his eyes didn't dry out. "I'M COMING FOR YOU, YOU PERVERT!!!" Marik screamed, flattening his body against the motorcycle, and Yami followed suit; which caused less friction and they went even faster, if that was possible.

"MARIK!!!" Sashi yelled, on the verge of tears. It was so embarrassing, so humiliating, so annoying! She saw the motorcycle approach rapidly, and Yami wave. "Don't wave at me you idiot!!" she yelled.

"Ah, she seems to be in a bad mood," the spirit commented, lowering his hand and wrapping it back around Marik's waist so he wouldn't fall off.

"Well if I were her, I would be too!" Marik said in an annoyed tone. It looked like they weren't getting any closer. That man runs a bit to fast…I would have run over any normal man by now.

"Marik! I'm warning you!! Get your ass over here NOW!!" Sashi screamed, pounding her fists into her kidnapper's back.

"Don't you see I'm trying!? I even broke the law!! I stole this motorcycle!" Marik sighed, and sped up the motorcycle even more. Yami could smell the burning rubber, and wrinkled his nose in disgust. Malik is going to be SO pissed when Marik returns his bike…

~Yugi's house~

"KAIBA!! So GLAD you could make it!!" Yugi exclaimed at the door, taking Kaiba's hand and pulling him roughly inside.

"Hello Isis, Malik," Kaiba managed to blurt out as Yugi dragged him all the way past the game shop into the back, and then into his kitchen.

"Do you want pancakes?" Yugi turned around and pushed a plate of pancakes in the CEO's surprised face.

"Um…uh…Okay," Kaiba nodded and Yugi gave a cry of joy, placing the pancakes in front of the scared Kaiba and handing him a fork. As the CEO ate slowly, the small boy told him of the events that had occurred since 7:30 this morning. Then, all the happiness seemed to drain out of the small boy, and he told Kaiba the shocking news of the Kaiba Corp grenade.

"What!? That's not possible!" the CEO stared at the Kaiba Corp logo on the face of the grenade shell. He stared at it for some time, until the silence was very awkward and Yugi felt he should say something.

"Well Kaiba…you know that you guys didn't make it right?"

The CEO looked at Yugi and nodded, almost speechless. The fact was, he knew for a fact that they didn't make these anymore because that branch of the company was…

"Nezbitt!!!"

DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!

~End~

Mwahaha!!!! I've finally updated! My writer's block is settling back in though…this sucks!! My finals are almost over though! So I'll be ready to get some inspiration for the next chapter!

DugFinn: Hiya! How was A-kon?? Hehe there are many mysterious guys in my story!! But only a few more o.o. And yes! Malik is officially back! With Isis! What role they have in my story…I have no idea. Haha. I'm so glad you like it…I didn't think many people do! And the plot is thickening! Even if I just developed one. Hehe I shall try to update again soon ^^

RyousGirl567: HEY!! You haven't updated yet!! Meanie. Hehe I'll go into your room and bug you now!! Thank you for reviewing anyway ^^