Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Broken glass ❯ The chase! ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Authors note: Bwhahaaaa I don't own anything in this chapter except Sashi! Yep, just read!

Chapter 7 - The chase!

Marik sniffed, sitting in a tiny little room about 10 feet wide and 12 feet long. How did he get this way you ask? Well, we must go back to when everyone left the amusement park!

~Dooooooooooooom. Ding! -Leaving the amusement park-~

"Um…Yugi?" Marik asked hesitantly as they walked back to the game shop, it was getting close to nighttime and Marik needed a place to stay.

"Yes, Marik?" Yugi asked irritably, he was still a little peeved at the blonde for almost strangling to him to death, and wasn't in the mood to fool around.

"Sorry!" Marik shrank back slightly, hiding behind Sashi for protection, "I was just wondering…since I just dropped clean out of the sky…if I could…"

"Oh, absolutely not!"

Everyone there turned and stared at Yami. Sashi pouted, Yugi's anger faded slightly into surprise.

"Aw pharaoh!! You're no fun!!" Marik sniffed, draping his arms around Sashi, making her support him.

"Well, I really don't see why not…as long as you abide by my rules," Yugi said, pondering this, knowing what chaos this would cause.

"Aibou…" Yami warned, also knowing the chaos that would be bound to happen. I'll have to take out my rubber mallet again, Yami sighed, thinking about how he used it to punish Bakura when Ryou kicked him out of the house. Ooh, the fun times in life.

"Please? Pleeeeeeeease??" Sashi begged, giving them her best puppy-dog eyes.

"Yea, what she said!" Marik said, resisting the urge to tackle his love and make out with her right then and there over her cuteness. A thought entered his head uninvited, of Sashi sprawled out on the ground bound and gagged, with him kneeling over her, ripping her clothes away, hearing her …No! Marik shook his head, I can't think like that right now!

"Hello? Earth to psycho? GET WHATEVER PERVERTED THOUGHTS THAT ARE IN YOUR HEAD OUT OF THERE RIGHT NOW!" The spirit screeched, snapping the blonde out of his daydream of Sashi abruptly. He also fell backwards, staring at a very angry Yami right in front of his face. "There are to be no perverted thoughts, actions, or even ideas while you TEMPORARILY stay at the game shop with us, got that?" the spirit glared at the flustered Marik lying on the ground.

"Y-yes sir!!" Marik yelled, saluting Yami in a goofy way. The spirit made a sound that sounded a lot like `humph' and turned away from Marik.

"Ooh Marik-kun, are you okay?" Sashi walked over and pulled her boyfriend up using both of her hands. He stared at her for a moment, and then grinned sheepishly.

"Yea, I'm…fine."

WHACK!

"Get that thought out of your head!" Yami shouted; hand raised to smack the blonde upside the head again. Marik cringed and put his hands over his head.

"Ow! What did you do that for pharaoh?!" the blonde whimpered, practically crawling behind Sashi for more protection. Yami glared, and finally lowered his hand, ignoring the blonde's question.

"Guys, let's just get back to the shop," Yugi said in an exasperated tone, and trudged off leaving everyone behind.

"Aibou? Yugi?" Yami called, puzzled. He glared one last time at Marik before taking off after his light, calling questions behind him to see what was wrong.

"Sorry about that," Sashi smiled, taking Marik's hand and following Yami.

"It's alright," Marik grinned, and looked up at the stars starting to appear in the sky. They were sparkling, seemingly dancing across the sky in a frenzied dance. It was beautiful; they looked exactly like Sashi's eyes.

"Hm?" Sashi stared up at the sky also. "Oh! How beautiful!" She exclaimed, kissing Marik on the cheek.

"They sparkle like your eyes do," the blonde complemented, tearing his eyes away from the beautiful sight above them to hurry along the sidewalk up to the game shop.

"You are too sweet!" Sashi giggled, tugging on her loose pants and pulling Marik inside.

"You. Over here. Right now," The spirit called Marik over, glaring. "This is where you sleep," he opened a door to one of the rooms and pushed Marik inside, giving him a toothbrush and a comb.

"But it's so small!" Marik pouted, staring sulkily at the bright blue toothbrush.

"Deal with it, unless you want to pay rent." Yami smirked, "and I'm sure you don't have any money."

"No…I guess you're right," the blonde commented, "Can I have some pajamas at least?"

"Oh, yes. I just sent Yugi up to get some for you," Yami waved vaguely at the stairs, as the small boy trotted down the stairs with a set of flannel pajamas for Marik. He tossed them to Marik and smiled, and went right back up the stairs.

"Bathroom is to your right, kitchen is straight ahead but I doubt you'll need anything to eat at this time of the night," Yami grinned, "if you even set as much as one TOE on the stairs, I'll personally remove you from this house."

"Sir, yes sir!" Marik exclaimed, snapping to attention, flannel pajamas in hand.

"Goodnight, psycho," the spirit waved and walked up the stairs himself. Marik can have his little jokes now…but in the end, I'll be the one to have the last laugh!

"Well, goodnight. We'll wake you up in the morning and you can spend the day with us. It IS Sunday tomorrow after all," Sashi smiled, kissing the blonde goodnight.

"Goodnight to you too, sweet dreams!" Marik kissed her back, and waved to her smiling as she disappeared up the stairs. As soon as she left, a sad expression crossed his face and he took his toothbrush into the bathroom. He emerged four minutes later, feeling a lot cleaner but not much happier. Well, at least it's a room. Damn pharaoh, always has to ruin my fun.

Marik involuntarily gulped. While he made his jokes while he was alone, when he was right in front of the ancient pharaoh he always got scared. He always felt this strange power emitting from the spirit's body, and a strange sense of inferiority swept over him. It's gonna suck having that pharaoh as one of my relatives if I marry Sashi, Marik thought, and giggled nervously. He immediately cringed as it echoed off the walls of the empty first floor. Note to self: Never do that again!

The blonde might be insane, but he certainly was not brave. There was not a shred of courage inside of his slim body. Not after being banished to the shadow realm, that is. He scampered inside his small room and shut the door quickly. And that, my fellow readers, was Marik's predicament in about two pages.

"Well, get used to it," Marik whispered to himself, "At least I can still see Sashi." With that he changed into the pajamas Yugi had given him and used his old clothes as a pillow. He curled up, hugging his knees to his chest and closed his eyes. Here's to a long night. Marik thought and drifted into sleep.

~Bakura, Ryou~

"Bakuuuraaa…" Ryou moaned, stumbling into the house with the support of his yami. He shook violently and collapsed in the doorway as Bakura ran into the bathroom and fetched a garbage pail and a washcloth with amazing agility. The spirit dampened the washcloth and rushed back to his light as quickly as he could.

"Oh Ryou…you look terrible," Bakura sighed, sitting next to his light and pulled the smaller boy into his lap, setting the pail down in front of him. The small boy leaned his head forward, and became violently sick right into the pail. Bakura rubbed his light's back, and held his hair back so Ryou would have an easier time. The sickening noise stopped, only to be replaced by gasping from the small boy.

"Water…" Ryou whispered, and Bakura nodded quickly, before setting Ryou's lithe form down gently and running into the kitchen; emerging only two seconds later with a glass of cool water. He held the glass to Ryou's lips and the white-haired boy spit some into the pail, but gulped down the rest.

"Do you feel better?" The spirit asked gently, wiping his light's mouth with the wet cloth. Ryou nodded shakily, and collapsed again onto the floor. "Maybe I shouldn't have taken you on all the roller coasters," Bakura pondered, letting the small boy rest momentarily.

"I would think…you've learned not to take me on any more ever again," Ryou said, closing his eyes, waiting for the sickness to pass. Damn…8 roller coasters in one day! No wonder why my body couldn't handle it. Damn you, Bakura!

"Gomen Ryou, really," Bakura apologized sincerely, which made the small boy a bit nervous. He sat up slowly, looking at his yami peculiarly. "Ryou? What's wrong?" Bakura quirked an eyebrow at his light's attempt to stand up and make his way over to him. Ryou crawled his way over and sat cross-legged in front of his bewildered darker half.

"Are you okay?" the white haired boy put his hand on his yami's forehead. Bakura blinked once, and frowned,

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?"

"Well, I mean, you actually cared. You apologized for crying out loud!" Ryou actually smiled, "it was nice." Bakura stared at the sick boy sitting before him, and chuckled.

"You're my hikari, I have to care for you. But only you!" He shook a menacing finger in his light's face. "I'm not going to go soft and start caring for people like that damned pharaoh!"

"Alright," Ryou giggled, "you don't have to care for the `damned pharaoh'." Bakura sighed; he looks so happy…I wish he were like this all the time.

~Kaiba, Jou~

"Hey Jou, tuck Mokuba into bed will you?" Kaiba called behind him as he walked into the mansion. Jonouchi nodded as Kaiba went straight for his office and shut the door. Jonouchi smiled, carrying Mokuba up the stairs gently. That's Kaiba for ya, always doing work. He reached Mokuba's room at the end of the long hallway on the left, and walked inside. This was only the second time the blonde had ever entered Mokuba's room, and he had to admit, the boy knew how to decorate a room. His walls were lined with the latest sports and game posters with a blue coat of paint barely showing. The carpet was a sea green, and his bed was covered in a thick turquoise bedspread. There were two adjoining windows on the wall opposite the bed, and were covered with navy blue curtains that blocked out the light-if there was any.

"Man, Mokuba is one lucky kid," Jonouchi said out loud, pulling back the bedspread revealing forest green sheets, and placing the small sleeping boy on top of them. He covered Mokuba slowly, and turned on a little nightlight in the corner that Mokuba always had to have on. `I need the light, Nii-sama! I'm scared of the dark!' Mokuba's voice echoed in Jou's mind, and he smiled one more time as he closed the door slowly, so it wouldn't creak and wake up the boy.

Jonouchi thought about going back to his room to crash for the night, but seeing as it was only nine o'clock he walked down the stairs to check what Kaiba was doing in his office. He rapped on the door of the office lightly.

"Is that you Jou?" Kaiba's voice floated through the keyhole.

"Yep! Wanted ta see what you were up to," Jonouchi grinned, as Kaiba opened the door two seconds after the blonde finished speaking. Jonouchi followed his koi over to his desk, where a big pile of papers sat, waiting to be read.

"This is what I'm up to," Kaiba waved in the general direction of his desk. "Tons and tons of paperwork…and maybe working on some prototypes of a new device I've been working on if I have the time." Jonouchi blinked, that would take at least 6 hours to do, and that would mean his love would get no sleep-again.

"Aw come on, can't you take a break from all of this work?" Jonouchi asked, already knowing the answer before the words came out of his mouth. Kaiba sighed, and sat down at his desk, picking up one of the papers,

"I can't do that, Jou. You know I can't. I have a company to run…today was my day off."

"But…what's a lonely guy gonna do on a Saturday night then?" Jou pouted, looking sadly at Kaiba through his honey colored eyes.

"Watch T.V or something," Kaiba replied, trying to keep his eyes on the paper and off of Jonouchi's beautiful eyes.

"But there's nothing good on! Ever!" the blonde's pout increased in cuteness, until Kaiba couldn't look away any longer and stared his love right in the face. It seemed all the pressing needs of work vanished, and he suddenly found himself agreeing to everything Jonouchi said. He blinked once, and finally realized what he was doing.

"Damn it! How do you do that?! If this keeps up, I'll keep avoiding my work and never get anything done!" Kaiba turned back to the paper he was reading, and ignored every face Jonouchi made that he could think of. Even his puppy-dog eyes that Kaiba used to make fun of him for but then fell in love with didn't even make the CEO budge.

"Awww…guess I'm gonna be bored and lonely tonight, huh?" Jonouchi gave in, and ran a hand through his hair; a habit he picked up whenever he was around Kaiba.

"Why don't you bake me something?" the CEO said suddenly, not looking up from `reading' his paper. The blonde stopped, his hand halfway through his hair, and blinked.

"You know I can't cook!"

"Well our kitchen computer can help you along, you know that. Come on, bake me something," Kaiba said, more demanding than asking politely.

"Well if you insist," Jonouchi grumbled, leaving the office and heading into the kitchen.

"I hope its cookies," Kaiba sighed, turning his full attention now to the paper in front of him.

~Next day~ ~Random street corner near the game shop~

A tall, lanky man walked down the street corner with a gun in hand. He wore a dark blue robe looking garment, with a hood pulled over his head. His heavy boots clunked against the cement as he passed a drunken man in a small alleyway. The man had stubby brown hair, and was wearing a torn business suit. The boots came to a stop, and the man recognized the drunk immediately.

"Bones! What the hell are you doing in this alleyway?!" The man demanded, striding over to the man called Bones and shook him. The man's voice was deep, menacing. Bones opened his eyes slowly, and yelped.

"Sir!" Bones yelled, surprised. The man shook Bones more,

"Shut up, damn it! You'll wake up this whole damn neighborhood!"

"Sorry sir," Bones apologized, as the man let go of him roughly.

"Why aren't you doing your assigned mission?" The man asked, annoyed with Bones already.

"She was a baby sir! What do you want me to do?" Bones tried to explain; he was starting to feel his hangover very much at that moment.

"Didn't you listen at the meeting at all!?" the robed man said in a highly annoyed tone, "you are such a dumbass!"

"Sorry sir! What did they say?"

"They said-you should know what they said!" the man practically shouted now, ignoring the comment he had made before.

"Gomen! I'll go check right now!" Bones held his head, and stood up quickly.

"No need for that, I'm down here because I received special orders to take care of it myself."

"Oh…should I report back then, sir?" Bones dusted himself off to try and make himself look at least presentable.

"Yes, they're dying to hear why you didn't report back every week on her progress," the man smirked and walked off without another word.

"Ugh, I'm gonna get fired for sure," Bones grumbled and walked off in the direction the other man had come from.

~Game shop~

"Yami…" Yugi shook his yami lightly. The former pharaoh turned over on the bed and mumbled,

"Just five more minutes mommy…." Yugi giggled, Yami did this every morning, and every morning Yugi had tempted him with various things.

"Come on, love. I made you pancakes!"

"What?!" the spirit shot up straight, making the covers collect in a mess around him. Yugi giggled as the spirit realized he had been tricked. "Yugi…" Yami grumbled, falling back on his pillow, getting ready to go back to his lovely dream he had been having, involving some paper clips and fluffy bunnies.

"Ohh no you don't!" the smaller boy launched himself onto his darker half and started tickling the spirit like mad.

"Yugi!" Yami protested, until he succumbed to a fit of uncontrollable laughter, making him unable to speak. Yugi didn't stop, not for about four minutes longer, and kissed the spirit on the lips.

"Come on, I'll make you pancakes for real," Yugi chuckled, hopping off the bed and walking out of the bedroom. The spirit lay there for a moment, blinked, and then shot straight up and ran out of the room yelling "PANCAKES!"

"What's all the noise?" Sashi asked, walking out of the room right next to Yugi and Yami's. She rubbed her eyes and yawned as Yami flew past her, struggling to pull his robe over himself to cover his red checkered boxers while running down the stairs. "Well that was…weird," she said, staring at the spot Yami had just been in five seconds ago. "I need a shower," she grumbled to herself, and grabbed a towel before entering the fish-decorated bathroom.

"What the fuck?" Marik said, which was what he said almost every morning, considering he had spent the past few years in the shadow realm. There was some loud conversation going on in the kitchen, and he planned to put a stop to whatever it was. Then he realized where he was, and recognized the voice. Damn pharaoh!! The blonde cursed, and stood up slowly. Hey! Maybe Sashi is in the kitchen…he thought with glee, and spotted a cream colored robe next to the door.

"Hey that matches my hair!" Marik exclaimed, hastily putting the robe on, not really caring where it came from. He bounced out the door happily, only to find that Sashi was absent from the kitchen, but there was a very hyper Yami there, which defies all logic since it was only ten in the morning.

"I want strawberry syrup too!" The spirit exclaimed, "Ooh and bananas!!" Yugi was stirring a yellow-ish liquid in a bowl with a passion, obviously trying to block out the hyped Yami.

"Alright! You'll get whatever you want on your pancakes AFTER I make them!" Yugi yelled finally, pouring four blobs of liquid onto a pan that sizzled immediately after the batter touched its hot surface.

"Well, now I know your soft spot, pharaoh," Marik smirked, watching the spirits eyes light up when Yugi flipped the pancakes. The spirit glared at Marik for a split second, then went back to watching the pancakes cook.

Suddenly a face appeared in the kitchen window right above the sink. Yugi was too busy cooking, and Yami was too busy chattering away. But Marik, Marik saw this intruder and thought it was very rude of him. Sneaking around like that on a Sunday morning! Oh come on now! The man locked eyes with the blonde for a split second, and then the head disappeared below the window frame. Odd…Marik thought, totally forgetting about it; having no short-term memory whatsoever.

"Marik?" the small boy called from where he was standing at the oven.

"Huh?" Marik's head turned to look at Yugi, finally turning his whole body around to face him.

"I said, do you want pancakes?" Yugi poured even more tasty looking batter onto the sizzling pan.

"Oh! Of course I do!" the blonde exclaimed, his mouth watering at the thought of delicious pancakes.

"Okay, good. Can you go upstairs and ask Sashi what she wants?" Yugi asked, flipping the pancakes over. The blonde had to tear his gaze away from the bronze colored pancakes to nod a yes, and then rushed up the stairs to find his love. There was a crash that came from the bathroom, and Marik decided to check there first, just in case.

"MARIK!!!!!" a voice yelled as said boy opened the door to the bathroom quickly. Hmm…sounds like Sashi! Not good! Marik's brain yelled at him. He looked around wildly to see a hole in the wall.

"That can't be good," the blonde sighed. The water was still running in the shower, and he turned it off slowly. "Ah! I remember! That guy in the window! Curse my memory!" Marik ran to the hole in the wall and looked down. He saw grass, random pieces of the wall strewn all over the place, and then the pharaoh's head pop out of the window. Then, down the block, he saw a man running with a towel-clad Sashi thrown over his shoulder.

"No one does that to my girlfriend and gets away with it!!!" Marik screeched, throwing himself out the window without even thinking. Luckily, he landed on his feet.

"Marik! What the hell are you doing?!" Yami called after him.

"Saving my girlfriend, duh!" Marik yelled back, and started running towards the kidnapper of Sashi. He heard footsteps behind him and saw Yami following him in his robe, and a very confused Yugi following also. "Well! We have a very interesting rescue crew!" Marik smiled, as Yami caught up with him.

"Whatever! I just want my niece back," the spirit growled, revenge glinting in his eyes.

"Um, guys? Can you slow down? I can't keep up…" Yugi called, falling behind slightly.

"Come here, aibou!" Yami yelled. Yugi caught up to him and he picked up the small boy, slinging him over his shoulder as well, and continued running.

"He's getting away!" Marik yelled, pointing at the kidnapper disappearing into the horizon.

"Don't give up!" Yami growled, "keep running after them!"

~End~

Oooh do you like the twist? Do ya? Huh!??! Hehe well I might as well have a few review replies! Not that I have a lot to reply to .___.

DugFinn:

Hehe, I haven't gotten Malik and Isis back in the story yet but don't worry! They'll come probably in the next chapter. Well Malik is still kinda pissed at Marik for what he did, but who knows? Maybe they'll make up or something! Guess you just gotta read ^^. Did that answer your question about the mysterious man? It should because that's what it was about. Ooh and yes, Yami and Seto are brothers! Thanks for reviewing ^_^ I'm glad you liked it.

RyousGirl567:

Yes! Sakuras are really pretty! Just like the tree in the front yard, except it hasn't bloomed yet T.T. But there are cherries! Yay! Hehe yes, making Atemu frustrated is very amusing, it will probably be a reoccurring theme in the story (wonder what that actually means XD) I updated so now you must update too! HA!