Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Built to Kill ❯ Prologue: He Shall be Called 'Dark Game' ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Ain't mine

Author's Notes: Hehe...finally...I got inspired after reading John Peel's The Outer Limits: Beware the Metal Children. The story's intended for 12-year olds, but the story's really touching! That is where I got this plot from. Well, anyways, on with the story. Please don't forget to review!!


Prologue: He Shall be Called 'Dark Game'

The laboratory was completely obscure. The only source of light was the ominous glow given by the large cylindrical container housing the body of a seventeen-year-old teenager with numerous tubes attached to his body. The whole place could give everyone a sense of foreboding.

At the back of the room was a thick bullet-proof glass glass window that divided the rather, haunting research center from the well-lit office. From the laboratory, the silhouette of a tall young man clad in a gravity defying trench coat can be seen staring intently at the young man locked beneath the glass container.

"Everything ready?" he asked, addressing the tall, bronzed woman in her mid-twenties.

"Yes, sir. We're making the final preparations in draining the liquid."

"Good. Speed up the process, Dr. Ishtar. I want AX-102 to participate in the Underworld next week.

Dr. Isis Ishtar nodded and wrote something on the clipboard she was holding before hurrying to assist the other scientists who apparently called for her help.

The man in the trench coat smirked. AX-102 is the first android of its kind. Beneath that lean and mascular built, tri-colored, spiked-up hair and those closed eyes that would sure reveal aubergine orbs that would sometimes change into cerise were the most sophisticated machines ever known to mankind. AX-102 is designed to look, act and even feel like a human being; with its ability to deem limited to its outmost desire to kill. To Destroy. Making it a perfect contestant fot the Underworld.

A voice snapped him out of his thoughts. "The preparations are done now, Mr. Kaiba; shall we start the sequence now?" a man in a lab suit asked.

The man in the trench coat, whose last name was Kaiba nodded, still looking at his masterpiece. He was the one who designed the android from head to toe and knows just how perfect this new killing machine can be. At the young age of nineteen, Seto Kaiba is already the CEO, president and owner of Kaiba Corporation-the leading company in terms of technology. He is also one of the most prominent participants of "Underworld"-an underground tournament wherein top businessmen send renowned warriors to participate in a battle to the death, imitating the fights in the Roman Colisseum few hundred millenia ago. The outcome of each battle determines the fate of each company: to win is to have oubled profit or a new company under your power, and to lose is to lose you business-all years worth of hardwork gone in an instant.

Which will be the fate of every company once I place AX-102 on the battlefield.

Kaiba watched in anticipation as the bluish, luminous liquid was being drained from the container. Different voltages of electricity were sent to the android through the tubes. And almost immediately, the android came to life, breaking its shock-proof receptacle with one hand.

Panic ensued in the room as AX-102, in its black bodysuit (A/N: No, he's not naked so get rid of your perverted thoughts! >_<) walked towards the glass window. Kaiba merely smirked as his creation broke through the bullet-proof glass windows woth three strong punches.>

By now, almost every scientist was scrambling for the door. Everything they saw had disturbed them; AX-102 was designed to look fully human-as 17-year-old teenage boy, to be exact. The sight of a mere 'human' breaking thick bullet-proof and shock-proof glasses in an instant can be very unnerving.

The android stopped upon entering the well-lit room, its optic sensors registering the new surroundings to its main memory unit located to where its brain should be.

Kaiba seized the moment to walk over his creation. "Do you know who I am?"

AX-102 looked at the figure walking towards it, its cerise orbs studying the image until its memory bank found what it was looking for.

Cherise gave way for aubergine as the android looked straight at the CEO. "Yes. You are Seto Kaiba. Organism belonging to hominid group: Homo Sapien. CEO, President and owner of Kaiba Corporation. Creator of AX-102."

"And why are you created?"

The scientists are now peering curiously at their leader's creation. AX-102 looked and talked just like a normal teenager that they wouldn't have known he was an android if not for the fact that they were among the ones who assembled the machine.

"AX-102 is equipped with the latest optic sensors, auditory detectors, light-weight chassis, and a MC303 engine that are 20 times more efficient than those of today. AX-102 is designed to represent Kaiba Corporation in the Underworld. AX-102 shall take down all opponent and will follow the orders of the creator at all times."

Silence ensued in the room afterwards with the CEO is still eyeing his creation, observing it in all aspects possible. A small voice broke through the silence, like a pebble thrown in still water. "Shall we name him?"

All heads turned to the owner of the voice, the 60-year-old robotic engineer Suguroku Mutou. Kaiba turned to the engineer with a baffled expression on his face. "You referred to it as 'him'? As one of AX-102's designers, you are fully aware that that him is an android. A machine. An it, correct?"

Suguroku nodded. "Yes, what you have said is true, Mr. Kaiba. I cannot deny any of those facts. But now, all I can see is a seventeen-year-old teenager. I couldn't see why I can't refer to him as human."

The rest of the scientists nodded in agreement.

Suguroku continued. "Besides, we can't introduce him in the Underworld as 'AX-102'; you do know about those issues concerning robots as participants."

Kaiba felt like a child being reprimanded by his grandfather. He HATED that feeling. But still, the old man's right. The Underworld had allowed the use of automatons as company representatives, but corporations using human warriors caused an uproar stating that it was unfair. Up until now, the issue was still debated among top businessmen. Kaiba had to agree to the older scientist's suggestion

"Okay, so you have any suggestions, old man?"

Silence reigned in the room for the second time, with AX-102 studying the faces of the scientists who helped make him (as the robotics engineer had commented) become a reality.

"How about 'Yami', then?" a voice suddenly spoke up.

Everyone turned to Ryu Otogi, the 22-year-old computer scientist. He was the one who upgraded every software installed in the android. "The word just popped into my mind...but I know it would be far too weird for someone to be named 'Darkness'..."

"Not really...but it would sound better if you add 'Game' into it..." Suguroku said with a small smile.

"You mean, 'Yugi'?" Dr. Ishtar asked, not really sure if what she had said was right.

The old man beamed at his Egyptian collegue. "Yes, yes! You're really getting into our language, doctor!"

Kaiba tested the name in his lips. "Yami Yugi..." the game of darkness...the dark game... "Not bad for someone who would be participating in his namesake..." the CEO smirked, turning to the android. "You shall be called Yami Yugi from now on. You will respond to anyone who calls you by that name, and that is how you you are going to be addressed in the Underworld, do you get me?"

AX-102, who would now be called Yami Yugi, nodded."

"Any objections?"

The android looked straight at his creator. "I would be malfunctioning to object."

Author's Notes: How'd ya like it? Sorry if the chapter's too short, I'm not really the multi-chap. author type, so bear with me! I got Yami's last quote from the same book I was talking about earlier. Still don't understand what this 'Underworld' thing is about? No need to worry, its going to be explained on the next chapter! Sorry if you didn't like the naming part, Yami is an android, and you can't just immediately name him 'Yami Yugi' the moment the was, uh, 'born'. And as for Isis's part, well...lets just say that she's purely Egyptian, and that she really doesn't understand much of the Japanese language, yet; which is why I used 'Isis' and not 'Ishizu'. It has this nice Egyptian Ring to it.

And, oh yeah! Don't forget to review! I am not posting the next chapter if I don't recieve reviews, 'kay? Arigato gozaimasu!!! ^-^