Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Built to Kill ❯ The Underworld ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Me no own. You no sue. But nevertheless, Yami Bakura rules!!! XD

Author's Notes: Gomen for the long update, minna!! Just got back from camp and it was HORRIBLE!!! IMAGINE NOT BEING ABLE TO TOUCH A COMPUTER IN 1 1/2 DAYS STRAIGHT!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT??!! Well, anyway, I'm quite flattered by your reviews!! Thank you, guys!

A message to those who inspired me to go on...

Hikaru:Congratulations! Anzu's gonna come up in this chapter!

Strife:
Thank Ra you liked the way I named Yami...I was afraid that the readers might find the 'naming part' strange and uninteresting. Thank you for the compliments! It really inspired me!

norestar-angel: Here's chapter 2 for you!

PerennialOutlander: Yes, Yami does mean 'darkness' and Yugi does mean 'game'. So, the name Yami Yugi fits the 'King of Games' well, don't you think? And, oh yeah! Anzu means 'apricot' in Japanese too...so maybe I'm going to use that as her nickname in the later chapters. Thank you for reviewing!

^_^: You really think its realistic?? I'm flattered!

Little Atemu: I'm so honored you reviewed!! A friend of mine sent me some of your works when my computer was down...I really love all your YamiAnzu fics!! Sorry I wasn't able to review though...


Chapter 1: The Underworld

The test ran along perfectly. The android, now being fondly called as Yami Yugi, was now fully clothed for the upcoming tournament. His black sleeveless shirt clung to him like second skin, exposing his well-toned muscles. His black leather pants were smooth and enabled him to move with speed. His feet were adorned with black combat boots, his neck with a dog collar which happens to be a choker and a white, silver ankh necklace, and his wrists with silver bracelets. To top it off, the scientists clad him in a long, black trench coat and armed him with two long katanas. All in all, his clothes made him look deadlier than ever. (A/N: I bet you're all drooling right now...XD )

Just the way an assassin should be.

*-*-*-*

Sixteen-year-old Anzu Mazaki sighed as she gazed downward into the arena. Her father was the leading business tycoon in the field of computers. I-Pod, the company headed by Mr. Mazaki has produced processors faster than those of Intel© and of Microsoft©. Other than being the president of his own company, Mr. Mazaki is also one of the top participants of the Underworld-the tournament that helped strengthen the assets of his own company by transferring other company profits (owned by the ones who lost the tournament) to his own. Anzu thought it was ruthless, but as her father says: "Business is like a jungle. The strong lives and the weak dies. In this case, we are the strong ones. You will be able to understand everything once I hand the company to you."

The brunette had always hated the Underworld. The tournament has been bloody and gruesome; always involving the decapitation of arms, legs and worse-lost lives in a blink of an eye. Top businessmen had joined the Underworld for the sheer enjoyment of seeing warriors fighting battles for their lives, decapitated heads flying across the arena and hearts ripped out of each warrior's chest. To others, it was a way to fill their greed-the winner takes it all, the loser loses it all. Mr. Mazaki always brought his daughter to the tournament in hopes that as his heir, she would follow his footsteps. Anzu knew all this, and had always tried to please her dad, submitting to her father's wishes and dreams-throwing her own into oblivion.

But this mindless bloodshed as one of my father's dreams is the one I might not be able to fulfill...

*-*-*-*

"Let's give it a round and sound for the Jackhammer!!!"

The roar of the crowd was deafening as the one called Jackhammer stepped into the arena. Jackhammer was a seven-foot-five-inches tall blond wrestler with a beard that matched the color of his hair. His weapons were two heavyset axes as long as his forearms.

Yami Yugi smirked at his muscle-clad opponent, whose chest was bare and legs are covered with clothing people called 'tights'. According to the stats the scientists gave him, Jackhammer was a wrestling champion, defeating fellow world-renowned wrestlers in the tournament. He was under the Mori Mines Inc.-the leading mining company in Japan and was known for the bone-crushing attacks on his opponents and collecting their right arms as a souvenir. He was a crowd favorite, the android could see that. And right now, the famed wrester was waving wildly at his fans.

Let's just consider it was his last goodbye...

*-*-*-*

"Anzu?"

The brunette looked up and saw a silver-haired albino smiling at her from the doorway.

"Ryou!" Anzu exclaimed, rushing to give her friend a hug. "I was beginning to think you wouldn't make it!"

Ryou Bakura was the seventeen-year-old son of Pegasus Crawford's first wife. Yuki Bakura-Crawford died when Ryou was just five. Pegasus, after three years met Cynthia, his high school sweetheart and eventually, they got married four years later. The albino, who inherited Pegasus' hair and eye color and her mother's looks, skin and eyes opted to keep her mother's last name; which was fine with the couple. Pegasus was the owner of the Industrial Illusions-also one of the top participants in the tournament.

"I'm not actually looking forward to being here." Ryou said, casting a weary look on the glass-tinted windows viewing the arena. "But dad said you came along. I can't imagine you being alone in this kind of place..."

Anzu cast her friend a grateful look. "Oh Ryou...what would I do without you?"

"Yeah..." The albino replied slinging his arm around Anzu's shoulders. "What would you do without me?"

*-*-*-*

"We seem to have a newcomer here, guys. Let's welcome Kaiba Corporation's new representative, Yami Yugi!"

The whole arena was silent as the android casually walked towards the center, with his trench coat flowing behind him. The Jackhammer stared at his opponent in apparent disbelief.

I'm actually gonna fight this shrimp?!

*-*-*-*

Anzu gazed into the arena and saw a silhouette of two figures at the center. She was certain that the taller one was Jackhammer-that's what her father told her. She had seen this wrestler fight a couple of times and was completely grossed out about the style of his game. The brunette's gaze rested on the figure opposite of the wrestler. This guy, her father had said, is the Kaiba Corporation's big surprise. Mr. Mazaki and Seto Kaiba are good business associates, and her father was planning to affiliate his company with the Kaiba Corporation someday. The CEO had convinced Mr. Mazaki that his new 'representative' would ensure them their victory. And so her father, who trusted the teen bet half of the company's profits to Kaiba Corporation. But Anzu's not swayed at the young CEO's claims. The new 'representative' merely reached the Jackhammer's chest level and she's pretty sure that those long thin swords wouldn't stand a chance against the wrestler's heavyset axes and bulky muscles.

I sure hope father knows what he is doing...

"Come, Ryou." Anzu called. "Let's go somewhere."

"But the battle's just about to start!"

Anzu sighed, gazing warily at the screen that will be showing the full-zoomed battle scenes, since the fully-air conditioned VIP room was located at the topmost part of the stadium. "I know..." she whispered, her face going slightly pale. "I just don't think I can stand the sight of guts spilling out today..."

*-*-*-*

The whole crowd's silence was replaced by thunderous 'Boo's' being directed at the android. Of course, how can a mere seventeen-year-old, five foot-seven inches tall teenager defeat an all-time wrestling champion? Jackhammer looked down on Yami, with a smirk clearly evident on his face.

" 'Yami Yugi'?? Can't you pick a better-sounding name than that?" The wrestler's sneer went unnaturally wider. "No need to worry, though; 'Yami Yugi' will be short-lived, anyway..."

Yami gave him a smirk of his own. "We'll just have to see about that..."

As if on cue, the announcer's voice echoed across the arena. "Okay, folks, let's get this fight started! Let the battle begin!!"

*-*-*-*

Anzu sat on a soft couch on a coffee lounge, her body slightly trembling. That-that man...she knew he wouldn't be able to stand against Jackhammer. Why, he would be considered lucky if he even lasted five minutes against the famed wrestler!

"You okay? You haven't touched your coffee, Anzu..."

The brunette looked up, her cerulean orbs meeting Ryou's soft brown eyes. She smiled, shaking her head.

"You sure?"

Anzu gave him a soft, tired smile. "Of course. You know me, Ryou...I wouldn't hide anything from you, would I?"

*-*-*-*

-BAM!-

The sound of the Jackhammer's axe crashing into the stone, hard cement rang across the arena.

Yami, who easily avoided the wrestler's attacks, smirked at his now agitated opponent. "You can't kill me that way."

The Jackhammer swung his axes wildly at Yami's direction, who evaded it with ease. "Don't act so tough, kid...the battle isn't over, yet!!"

Yami smirked, suddenly vanishing from the Jackhammer's sight. "It is now..."

The wrestler turned around, coming face to face with the android whose katana was already drawn.

"What the-!!"

Yami didn't even give the Jackhammer a chance to finish his sentence as the katana sliced through the wrestler's chest, zigzagging upwards into the head. In a flash, the Jackhammer's mangled body was bare for the whole crowd to see. Yami, whose eyes now glowed cerise threw a look of disgust at his opponent's face, whose eyes and mouth were wide open in horror, with blood and guts continuously flowing out of the open wound.

"You are not worthy to be called my opponent." With that said, the android casually walked over his foe's corpse, with the Jackhammer's blood splattering through his boots, pants and trench coat as he left the arena.

*-*-*-*

Anzu couldn't tear her eyes away from the image of the mangled body, with guts squished as if somebody walked over them. Her breathing became harder, her breath coming out in small, erratic gasps. She was merely summoned by her father at the lounge, and the image greeted her the moment she stepped into the room.

"The...J-Jackham...m-mer..."

Ryou, who had seen how his best friend reacted, instantly pulled the brunette to him. He looked down at Anzu, who as trembling in his arms.

Who could've done such a thing to the Jackhammer??

Author's Notes: *stretches arms* Chapter one done! Did the frequent change views confuse you?? Sorry about that! But look on the bright side-Anzu showed up! Gomen about the fight scene too...I'm not used to describing them, yet! I'm still a novice, here...I'm still learning! I'll try to improve them in the later chapters...and please don't forget to review, guys!! They're my inspiration!!

P.S. I do not own Intel or Microsoft. I'd be filthy rich if I do...-_-;;