Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Built to Kill ❯ Cerise and Cerulean ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Me no own. You no sue. But nevertheless, Bakura rules!!!

Author's Notes: I'm so so so so sorry about the long update guys! I've been busy the whole month! Ra, I barely even have the time to write this chap., and post it nonetheless. But anywayz, since you have been great readers and reviewers so far, I love the YamiAnzu pairings as much as you do and the fact that I love you guys (don't worry, the feeling's mutual... o_O), I decided to post this ficcy as soon as I was able to escape from this underworld they call school life. -_-;;

A word for all those who reviewed:

Disappearing Mist: Anzu meeting Yami Yugi, coming right up!

C.A.M.E.O.: Request granted! Sorry for the long wait, though...school stuff...

Queen Insanity: Of course I would want to be your friend! Just check my account out if you want to e-mail me. :3

Strife: I really lightened up you day?? Wow...thanks...^_^ And about Yami being all cold and bloody? Well, lets just say that a certain brown-haired blue-eyed girl is going to change all that...enjoy the chapter!

norestar-angel: Sure! I like Mana, too!

Anna-Elena: Starlight Chaos: I'm glad you loved it! Here's chapter 2 for you!

xKuroSeraphimx: Oh hi 'hikaru'! I actually read your fic, Dark Desires! It's a cool fic! I really like the way you plotted out the whole thing! I'm sure nobody wouldn't be able to find anything to flame there! ^_^ And sorry about not being able to review, though..my Ra-damned computer wouldn't open the 'review' page! Anyways, hope you enjoy this chapter!

Little Atemu: I know...and I agree with the fact that Yami is indeed sexy! He's my fave character next to Bakura...and don't you think that all those blood in his clothes made him look even more sexier? ^_~  I read your fic Black Cats are Bad Luck…it was downright funny! And I like the way the Yami-neko, er, kissed, Anzu! And oh, can I have the fluffy, white rabbit version of Bakura the next time you turn him into one?? :3

 

 

Chapter 2: Cerise and Cerulean


Yami casually strode over the long hallway, his clothes bathed in blood from the fight he had earlier with the Jackhammer. His eyes of glowing cerise served a warning to those who would even dare cross his path, which was good. The android was not satisfied with his fight with the Jackhammer. Every inch of his body craved a kill. His ears longed to hear the sound of bones cracking, his hands yearned to grasp a victim's neck and break it with one mighty crush, and he knew his two swords desired the feeling of blood flowing through their long, sharp blades more than anything in the world.

Kaiba wasn't exaggerating when he meant PERFECT killing machine...

*-*-*-*

Anzu sat on the couch, still shaken from what she had seen earlier. The image of the Jackhammer's mangled corpse lingered in her mind. She had only been on the coffee lounge for about three minutes when her father summoned her back.

How could someone HALF the Jackhammer's size do such thing in THREE minutes??!

"You haven't touched your tea, Anzu..." (a/n: tea? Anzu?? Get it?!?! Hahahaha!! )

Teh brunette looked up and saw Ryou's soft brown orbs lit with concern. Anzu smiled, trying to shake the thoughts away, but the haunting images of the mangled corpse still lingered.

"Are you okay?" Ryou asked, his voice now filled with concern. The last time he saw Anzu like this was when...

…was when…

Wait a minute, Ryou had never, EVER seen Anzu like this before...

*-*-*-*

"No one except the Underworld members are allowed beyond this door."

Yami's gaze travelled up to the two bulky men guarding the doors. The android could tell from their uniforms that they are tournament bodyguards and currently, these two are giving him glares deadlier than the Jackhammer's.

"I want to see Seto Kaiba."

The guards growled, clearly seeing that their glares and size had not clearly intimidated the guy one bit. One of them finally looked down, his face showing no sign of surprise at the sight of a seventeen-year-old half-bathed with blood.

"I told you already; only Underworld members are allowed beyond this door."

The teen smirked, as if glad that the had answered that way. His eyes of serise seemed to grow brighter as Yami unsheathed his two, long, blood-stained swords. "I guess I'll just have to force my way in, then..."

Two long katanas sliced through the guards' heads before they even had the chance to process what the android had just said. Yami pressed his sword against the two men's chests, effectively nailing them against the wall. He checked one of the guard's jacket, pulling out a small black contrivance.

The android smirked. And these men actually call themselves guards of the Underworld...

Then he pressed the button in the middle of the device.

Immediately, an alarm sounded, sending all guards, robots and androids alike to the place where the teen is currently standing.

The rest of this trash they call 'security' will be arriving in ten seconds...

And the android was right.

*-*-*-*

An alarm was heard throughout the lounge. The teens ran towards the emergency exit, with Ryou grabbing on to Anzu's arm, not noticing her eyes that are deeply lost in thought, fearing the events that might soon be taking place. The lounge was guarded with two US Marine-trained soldiers. Everyone knew that no one can get past these two men, especially with their bulky bodies and state-of-the-art weapons. But that alarm sounding meant that something went horribly wrong at the entrance. He knew that his and Anzu's father would be escorted by the guards inside the main lounge. One of the two guards posted in their lounge went to check the commotion and the other was currently guiding them towards the exit.

Then Anzu suddenly stopped, freeing herself from Ryou's grasp.

"Anzu! What are you-!"

"Look, I know you're gonna kill me for this later but I need you to listen to me." Anzu said, cutting the albino off. "I really, really need to go back to the entrance. Yes, I know its dangerous but something inside me tell me that I should go in there! You know how accurate and precise my gut feelings are, right? Something is going on down there and I need to find out what it is." Anzu gave her best friend a soft smile. "You go on with out me, 'kay? I'll catch up with you as soon as I satisfy this stupid curiosity of mine."

Ryou sighed. "Do you know that curiosity killed a cat?" 

"Yes, I heard that saying before...and then...?"

"All I want to say is why look into things you're not supposed to look into? That might be some escaped convict-or an assassin tasked to annihilate the businessmen here, you could get yourself killed!"

The brunette could see fear in the albino's eyes, and she knew that that emotion was generated for her. Ryou feared the things that might happen to his best friend. So Anzu smiled, in attempt to lighten things up. "I won't get killed, Ryou...I'm not a cat."

Ryou sighed again, this time for the teen's stubbornness. "You're not going to give this up, are you?"

"Nope, curiosity helps you gain knowledge, you know."

"Then I'm not going to let you go there alone; I'm going with you."

Anzu was surprised at the silver-head's statement. "But Ryou-" 

Ryou placed his hands on the brunette's shoulders. "Whether you like it or not, we're stuck together. You are my best friend, Anzu. And as you best friend, I simply cannot allow you to go back there alone."

"Ryou..."

The albino smiled jokingly. "You owe me one..."

*-*-*-*

Orbs of cerise glowed in delight as two swords danced wildly, slicing anything and anyone who would even dare come near it. By now, carcasses and mechanical parts littered the area. Puddles of blood pooled the floor as Yami Yugi stood at the center, now fully bathed crimson.

Two gigantic robots appeared behind, their optic detectors focused on the only thing standing.

Yami smirked. They unleashed the ZF 13-A's at last...

ZF 13-A's-better known as the 'Mass Destructors', are military-made machines designed to annihilate everything and everyone their sensors can detect-enemy or not. They are unstoppable once released and are quadrupedals, designed to look like gigantic canines. Their special ability: Coat of the Chameleon-an ability that can render these machines invisible.

*-*-*-*

Anzu felt her heart beating wildly against her chest. Both she and Ryou had finally reached the entrance and now, the brunette's hands were shaking as she reached out to open the doors, afraid of what fate might have in store for them.

*-*-*-*

ZF 13-A's are a little bit tough to handle, which was good. The android loved a good challenge.  And right now, he was having a time of his life.

Until the doors burst open, revealing a young woman standing, her cerulean orbs wide in shock.

What is that woman doing here?!

*-*-*-*

The whole corridor was a mess, its walls stained crimson, its floors pooled with blood and filled with decapitated and mangled robotic parts. Fear took full control of Anzu's body. Ryou, who was standing behind her felt the same thing.

The brunette's eyes rested on the young man standing amidst the gruesome mess. Cerise met cerulean, and it took Anzu moments to realize exactly who she was looking at.

Two swords...spiked-up hair...that guy was...

That guy was...

The Jackhammer's opponent... 

The Jackhammer's murderer...

*-*-*-*

Yami, almost literally glued to his spot stared at the woman, was wondering why he hadn't made a move to kill her. The man behind her meant absolutely nothing to him and normally, his blades would've cut through the woman in half without any consideration. He would've even taken the pleasure in doing it by his bare hands! But now, the mere thought of his blade bearing her blood was just too...

disturbing...

-

Was it because she was a woman?…

-

A sudden crash broke the android out of his stare. The two ZF 13-A's seemed to appear out of nowhere as the Coat of Chameleon was deactivated.

These wild dogs are my primary concern…I'll deal with the woman later…

Yami charged forward with his katanas and hands kept behind him, intending to slash the robots at the same time (A/N: Think Kenshin Himura). To the android's surprise, both ZF 13-A's disappeared. The first one reappearing right in front of him and the other appearing in front of the woman and her companion.

The robots must've detected their heat source!

The ZF 13-A in front of the android started firing its gatling guns. Yami easily avoided the bullets with amazing speed. And while he's busy with the first ZF 13-A. the other robot slowly inched towards the woman and her silver-haired companion, aiming its launchers directly at them.

Anzu know what the Mass Destructor was about to do; she pushed Ryou away just when the ZF 13-A fired its weapons. A loud explosion was heard, and a thick smoke enveloped the area.

Yami wasted no time. He pushed the sword through the robot's back and dragged it downwards, destroying the ZF 13-A's main power core.

The remaining mass destructor scanned its two victims sprawled on different corners. The silver-head was further, and so its sensors focused on the woman, who was lying few inches away from its thick circuited front legs.

-

Race: Homo Sapien

Gender: Female

*WARNING: LIFE SIGNS DETECTED*

-

A canon sprouted from its back, which was now arched-like an angry predator ready to battle. The robot aimed its weapon on the woman, who was now a bit conscious on what was happening on her surroundings.

Every muscle in Anzu's body screamed in agony. She was not hit by-whatever the robot launched at them. But the impact she received was enough to send her crashing on the nearby wall. Ryou, whom she was able to save recieved less injuries, but was unconscious nonetheless. Anzu gazed upon the machine and its weapons and instantly, she knew she was doomed. She gave her best friend's unconscious silhouette one last look before resigning to her fate.

This is my fault, Ryou...I shouldn't have dragged you into this…I'm sorry...

I'm so sorry…

Anzu closed her eyes, waiting for the pain to come.

Just one clean shot...and everything's over...

But it didn't.

Instead, she felt her body being lifted of the ground a second before an explosion was heard. The brunette opened her eyes and saw herself closely pressed against the chest of the scarlet-eyed teen. The remaining ZF 13-A was unmoving, with a sword sticking out of its back.

The mass destructor was destroyed...by the same man who killed the Jackhammer...

...the same man who caused this chaos...

...and the same man who actually saved my life...

Anzu tried to get a closer look on the teen, but her vision was getting blurry and darkness was already consuming her vision. Her body felt the comfortable heat radiated by the assassin, and the last thing she saw was Seto Kaiba in his purple trench coat and her father running towards her before she let her whole body go limp in the arms of her savior.

 

 

Author's Notes: I know this chappie's kinda lousy…but look on the bright side, the two finally met each other! Gomen for the long update and the short chapter…I was supposed to post this last week, but then the computer at the internet café wouldn't open the ff.net login page! Hell, it even took that Ra-friggin' PC a whole Ra-freakin' 30 minutes to open the ff.net site! That café's got a server as fast a dying sloth, Ra-dammit! Anywayz, enough with the whole 'Ra-be-damned' cursing…don't for get to leave your reviews, minna! Reviews!! No flames, please! Still working on my VERY busy schedule and my writing styles out! A very Merry Christmas to you all! ^_^