Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Carousel ❯ Carousel ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Carousel

A/N: This is just something that I wrote up on a boring Tuesday afternoon, while waiting for American Idol to come on. I have no idea if this is worth reading for you or not, but I think that it's pretty good. But after all, you're the audience not me.

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh, it is respectively owned by Kazuki Takahashi. I also in no which, way, or form own Blink 182 or anything to do with their song Carousel. So I would be most jovial if you wouldn't sue me. Thank you.

Artist: Blink 182

Album: Chesire Cat

Title: Carousel

I talk to you every now and then

I never felt so alone again

I stop to think at a wishing well

My thoughts send me on a carousel

Joey slowly walked down an old abandoned alley. He had no idea why he was there, or why he had happened to wander in this area. All he knew was that he was feeling extremely lonely, but loneliness wasn't something that he hadn't experienced. It all began after high school graduation. Mai and himself had been going out and everything seemed to be going good for him, that was until that night.

~*~Flashback~*~

"Joey, I have to tell you something," said Mai glancing over at Joey. "I didn't want to tell you because I know how depressed you will be, but..." She stopped in her words abruptly. "I'm moving back home."

"What-What?" he said almost in a panic, as he felt his heart skip a beat. "You mean back to California?"

"Yes Joseph," she said as a single tear slid down her cheek. "My dad says that I have to move back with him."

Joey traced her cheekbone with his fingertips and met the crystal tear. He wiped the wetness from Mai's face and brought her face up towards his own. "Mai, don't cry. I understand, but it will all be okay."

"I won't forget you, I promise." she said simply. "Send me letters, e-mails anything, tell me what's going on with group...okay?"

"I will," he said looking into her vibrant violet eyes.

"I leave tomorrow," she said her voice quivering. "I didn't-"

Joey pulled her into embrace, forgetting everything. He just wanted to hold her, for this last night. Oh, did he want it to last forever.

~*~End of Flashback~*~

That was two years ago. Sure, he had sent letters and e-mails, but that wasn't the same. He even got a phone call from her 2 weeks ago. He just wanted to hold her again, just like he did all those months ago. His heart was aching, close to the point of breaking into a million shards, never to be assembled again.

He continued to walk along through the dark depths of the alley, which perfectly fit along with his mood. At the end of the expense of shadows was a small ivory well intertwined with wavy ivy. 'That's odd for Domino' he thought as he walked up to it. Despite the mysteriousness of the object, he pulled a single penny from his pocket. Brave Abe Lincoln, the man that set so many others free, would maybe set his heart free also. 'I wish to see Mai again,' he said with much feeling as he hurled the copper into the deep opening.

Here I am standing on my own

Not a motion from the telephone

I know not a reason why

Solitudes a reason to die

He had found his way back to his home. Mai said she would call him tonight, but it was now late into the night and the phone had never made a sound. 'Why hasn't she called? I thought she was as upset as I was. Is it because something is wrong? Is she okay? Or am I just paranoid?' his thoughts led deep into his misery.

Just you wait and see

As school life is a

It is a woken dream

Aren't you feeling alone?

Joey missed Domino High. Everything was so much easier then. All of his friends were always hanging out at the Game Shop without a care for the world...Mai was there...Oh, no, not those thoughts again.

I guess its just another

I guess its just another

I guess its just another night alone

He rolled over, only to succeed in getting tangled in his blankets. Sweat covered his brow; darkness marred his eyes. They say you can see a person's heart threw their eyes, but there was no heart left in the young blond that was once a cocky teen.

Now as I walk down the street

I need a job just to sleep in sheets

Buying food every once in a while

But not enough to purchase a smile

He had happened to get through the past year of his graduation with Mai's beautiful smile. It taught him that anything was possible, but that was past. No more smile, no more motivation, bye-bye good life. These times were hard for him now.

A tank of gas is a treasure to me

I know now that nothing is free

I talk to you every now and then

I never felt so alone again

The phone calls from Mai kept him in good spirits that only lasted so long. Two days later the loneliness would be back, haunting him in his sleep again.

The phone woke him out of his trance, his eyes very much groggy. He laid his hand over

the phone and picked it up managing a 'hello.'

"Hello? Joey? Is that you?" said Mai's voice.

"Yeah," he said waking up fully.

"Sorry to call you so late, but I'M COMING BACK!" she said with an effective giggle.

Just you wait and see

As school life is a

It is a woken dream

Aren't you feeling alone?

I guess its just another

I guess its just another

I guess its just another night alone

A/N: Whew! All done! Yay! So happy! Please tell me what you think. I spent a long time with a thesaurus to accomplish all of that high-level vocabulary (as my English teacher calls it) Well, I'm tired and I can barely keep my eyes open, so see-ya! Bye-Bye!