Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Cat of the Lilac Eyes ❯ Chapter 1: Betrothed?! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shiro: Here it is! The long anticipated first chapter of Cat of the Lilac Eyes! The sequel to Dragon of the Shadowed Light! I'm so excited already! This one's gonna be so much fun to write!

Bast: Hikari, I think you've had just a little too much candy.

Shiro: Have I? Oh well, doesn't matter.

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! Plain and simple. I do, however, own all OC's used from DOTSL and any OC's in this story.

-C-A-T--O-F--T-H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S--C-A-T--O-F--T -H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S-

Chapter 1: Betrothed?!

Malik glares at Ishizu. “I still don’t believe this. I am not marrying some stupid American girl that I don’t even know!”

Ishizu sighs and sits down on the couch beside her younger brother. “Malik, we’re half American since that’s where mother was from. Besides, it’s not that bad.”

“Not that bad? Not that bad! You can say that because you’re not just finding out you’re betrothed!” Malik shouts. “I don’t believe this!”

Marik blinks as he and Odeon watch the ongoing argument. “What’s hikari-pretty and sister-Ishizu fighting about?”

“Ishizu just told Malik about his fiancé.” Odeon says.

Marik blinks and tests out the new word. “Fee-ahn-say? What’s that?”

Odeon thinks for a moment on how to explain it. “It’s what Ryou and Tama are. They’re going to get married but aren’t yet.”

“Oh.”

“AND WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WITH MY YAMI!? HE CAN BARELY HANDLE GOING AROUND DOMINO WITHOUT CAUSING TROUBLE!”

“Marik can stay with Tama and Ryou. Surely Bakura and Yume will help them keep Marik busy.” Ishizu easily replies.

“I wouldn’t mind staying with them. Bakura, Yume, Ryou, and Tama are fun. Even though Tama and Ryou have been studying too much…” Marik says, remembering the last time he went over.

Needless to say, Malik and Ishizu’s argument (if it can be called that) lasts for quite a while before Marik decides to knock out his Light. When he notices the odd looks from Ishizu and Odeon he had simply says, “I have a headache.” which makes Ishizu and Odeon both sweat drop.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

The Next Morning

The night before Ishizu had packed up all of her and Malik’s things for their trip to the United States.

“I’m not going! Put me down Odeon!” Malik yells, earning many stares from Ryou and Tama’s neighbors.

And they are now at Ryou and Tama’s house (well, technically it’s Ryou’s house) in order to drop off Marik.

Leaning just outside the doorframe to the house is Bakura and Yume, who are watching in amusement as Malik struggles to get free from Odeon’s hold. Tama and Ryou soon join them and sweat drop at the blonde Egyptians actions. Marik and Ishizu both look pointedly away from Malik, rather embarrassed by his extreme actions.

“Sooo… Marik’s stayin’ here and ya’ll are off to hang in the States?” Tama asks. “Never told us where.”

“Virginia.” Ishizu says, unfazed by Tama’s adopted southern accent. “Been chatting with Damian again I presume.” It’s not a question.

“She spent half the night chatting with him.” Ryou says tiredly. “Took me half the night just to get her to say goodbye so she’d be able to get up by the time you all got here.”

“Odeon! Put me down!” Can be heard in the background from Malik.

Marik smiles at Tama and Ryou in his little weird insane way. “Hi.”

“Hey Marik, go ahead and put the stuff you brought in your old room.” Ryou says. “Bakura and Yume have been bored all day, so maybe you can suggest something that doesn’t have to do with shadow games, sending innocent bystanders to the shadow realm, sending household objects to the shadow realm, blowing stuff up, or driving Yami up the wall.”

“Take away the last one and I can erase the boredness.” Marik says, grinning evilly.

“Fine.” Ryou and Tama say at the same time.

“YES!” All three yami’s shout, before dashing inside to plot.

“Tama, make Odeon put me down!” Malik yells.

Tama rolls her eyes. “Malik, you overreact too much. I am not telling Odeon to put you down because he has a mind of his own and won’t listen to me unless I’m talking sensibly. Seeing as how I’ve already downed a 2-liter bottle of Pepsi this morning and nearly a whole bag of M&M’s-”

(“M&M junkie…” Malik grumbles.)

Tama ignores him. “-I am in no way speaking sensibly at the moment. Or perhaps I’m speaking more sensibly than I normally do. Or may-”

Knowing it’s the only way to snap her out of her rambling, Ryou pulls Tama into a deep kiss.

Ishizu sighs at her cousin’s antics and glances down at her watch. She waits for Tama and Ryou to stop kissing before she speaks. “Thank you for watching Marik. I don’t know what we’d do without you.”

“I’d be happy because then we wouldn’t be going! Curse you two and your evil yami’s!” Malik yells. “Odeon, put me down for the thirty-ith time!”

The others sweat drop as Malik re-continues his struggling.

“I don’t want to marry some stupid American girl! Don’t make me go!”

“Ishizu, can you gag him so my neighbors don’t think we’re all mad psychopaths?” Ryou asks. “Please?”

“But then they may think we’re kidnapping him.” Ishizu says.

“Put me down!”

“On second thought,” She continues. “Anybody have a handkerchief or something?”

Tama pulls a yellow bandana from her pocket. “Here.”

Ryou sweat drops. “I thought you didn’t carry those around in your pocket anymore.”

Tama shrugs. “Habit. I only carry two around now.”

Ryou raises an eyebrow. “Only two?”

“Okay, okay. I have five in my pockets. Happy now?”

“Not really, but thanks for telling me.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

In America…

A strawberry blonde-haired girl (1) sits typing at a computer in a small, crowded room. Scattered all around her are empty chocolate wrappers, pencils, and a few sheets of notebook paper that blew off the desk because of the ceiling fan. She yawns out of boredom and closes the Word program and clicks on the pinball game. Now whistling a tune she pulls up her Windows Media Player and changes the songs to some country midi’s she has saved on her computer. Her blue eyes light up happily and she stops humming. Then she starts playing the pinball game.

When the doorbell rings she looks up momentarily and then automatically turns her attention back to the game before she loses.

“Ash! Come down here!” Her mother yells up the stairs.

With an aggravated sigh Ashling closes all the documents on the computer and logs out. Pulling off the gray blanket that’s covering her, she stands up and lazily stretches, almost knocking her thin-wired glasses off.

“Ash!”

“I’m coming, mom!” Ashling yells, almost jerking open the door to the computer room. Grumbling something under her breath she walks down the short hallway and turns left and goes down the stairs. She yawns when she hit’s the bottom and looks to her left to see two strange people sitting in her living room with her mom. One of them is a girl with black hair and tan skin and the other is a boy with pale blonde hair and tan skin.

‘He’s cute…’ Ashling thinks to herself. “What’s up, mom?”

Ashling’s mom sighs. “You may want to sit down, Ash.”

Ashling tilts her head sideways slightly, looking confused. Then she walks around the couch and sits down on it. “So, what’s going on?”

Ashling’s mom is quiet for a moment before she speaks. “Ash, this is Ishizu and Malik Ishtar. Ash… you and Malik… you’re betrothed.”

Ashling stares at her mom in shock for a moment.

“WHAT?!”

-C-A-T--O-F--T-H-E--L- I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S--C-A-T--O-F--T-H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S-

(1) Strawberry blonde... okay for this story, well, for Ash in particular: Ash has dark golden blonde hair (dark underneath, light on top). Some of it has a reddish (strawberry) tint to it. So sometime's I'll say blonde and other times I'll say strawberry blonde.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Keitaro: (goes skidding past on the recently waxed floor) WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-!

CRASH!!!!

Shiro: (grins) Hey Bast.

Bast: What hikari.

Shiro: There are three types of "we's" in the world. "We the people", "wee wee", and my favorite- WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! (goes skidding across the floor)

Bast: That kinda looks like fun...

Kaze: (rolls her eyes) Immature crossbreeds.

Kitsune: (winces as Shiro, Keitaro, Bast, and Kyle all crash into one another) Please review... Guys, are you alright?

Q&A:

Okay, I'm sure at least one of you is wondering about the ages during DOTSL and the beginning of this story. So here they are, the first number is the age at the start of DOTSL and the second is the age at the beginning of this one and in parenthesis is his/her birthday. (At the start of DOTSL it's around April-May and I guess placed about a year after the actual show started.)
Yugi: 16-18 (June 4)
Joey: 17-18 (January 25)
Seto: 16-17 (October 25)
Téa: 16-17 (August 18)
Tristan: 17- 18 (April 19)
Ryou: 16-17 (September 2)
Mokuba: 11-13 (July 7)
Mai: 25-26 (November 20)
Duke: 17-18 (February 28)
Malik: 17-18 (December 23)
Ishizu: 22-23 (April 5)
Serenity: (?) 14-15
Tama: 16-17 (May 30)
Damian: 17-18 (April 20)
Kiba: 19-21 (June 12)