Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Cat of the Lilac Eyes ❯ Chapter 2: Coping ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shiro: Here's chapter 2! Please enjoy!

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! If I did, would I really be sitting here writing fanfictions? Oh, I do own any OC's from DOTSL and any OC's in this story.

-C-A-T--O-F--T-H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S--C-A-T--O-F--T -H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S-

Chapter 2: Coping

Ashling stares at her mom in shock. “There is no way I’m marrying some boy that I don’t even know! Hell, I’m only seventeen!”

“Don’t raise your voice to me Ashling Phoenix.” Her mother says warningly.

Ashling glares at Malik as if it’s all his fault.

“How about you two get to know one another.” Ishizu suggests, getting a glare from both of the blonde teens.

“What a wonderful idea!” Ashling’s mom exclaims. “How about you show Malik around the yard.”

“How about I don’t and say I did.” Ashling grumbles.

Her mom gives her a hard look. “Ashling.”

Ashling rolls her eyes. “Fine. C’mon blondie.” She says, getting up off the couch. She walks over to the door and grabs her sneakers from the pile of shoes and puts them on.

“Don’t call me that.” Malik says.

“Whatever.” Ashling replies, yanking open the door. She steps out onto the wrap-around concrete porch and almost slams the door shut, but Malik catches it before it can do so,

The two walk off the porch, Malik following Ashling. The blonde girl grumbles half obstinacies under her breath as she leads him over to an opening in the trees.

“What’s this lead to?” Malik asks, looking down the steeply sloping path surrounded by trees.

“The bottomland and the river.” Ashling replies. “Watch your step.” She says warningly as she carefully starts down the path, her blue eyes paying careful attention to where she’s stepping.

Malik continues to follow, but refuses to watch where he’s stepping.

Not five minutes later the little gravel that’s on the path makes Malik slip, and he falls forward right into Ashling. The two then roll down the rest of the hill and land in the soft grass at the bottom after going over countless numbers of rocks and fallen branches.

“You idiot.” Ashling groans, kicking Malik in the side while laying in her landing position. “I told you to watch your step.” She says, sitting up. Her strawberry blonde hair all messed up with twigs and dirt in it.

Malik’s not much better off. His blonde hair is also completely messed up and has twigs and dirt in it.

“Don’t kick me.” Malik snaps, getting up, his temper already flaring.

Ashling grits her teeth and stands up, her anger barely contained. In her mind she plots on how to kill the blonde boy runs through her mind. “Its your fault we fell down the hill, not mine.”

“What does that have to do with kicking me?!” Malik growls.

Ashling glares at Malik, blue eyes icy. “You deserved it for knocking me over.”

A name calling war soon ensues.

“Bitch.”

“Retard.”
“Stupid.”

“Jerk!”

“Know- it-all!”

“Ass!”

The two stand at the bottom of the hill, glaring at each other as they share insults, growing steadily louder as they go. Ten minutes later, after going through even insult they can think of, the two are finally out of insults.

Ashling storms off toward the river, grumbling about idiotic morons. Malik glares after her and then turns and starts back up the path, determined to get away from the psychotic blonde girl.

Of course, he once again slips and falls, this time hitting his head.

Ashling turns around when she hears him fall, fully prepared to tease him for falling, ‘God, he’s worse than me!’ Her smirk changes to a worried look when she sees him sit up and gingerly touch the back of his head. ‘Oh god, is he bleeding?’

Ashling’s motherly instinct kicks in and she jogs back over to Malik and kneels down. “Hey Ishtar, are you alright.” She asks, resting a hand on his arm.

Malik shoves her arm away. “I’m fine.” He snaps.

Ashling’s worried look promptly evaporates and changes to a glare. “Well sorry for worrying! Next time I’ll just leave you here to die!”

“I’d rather die than be married to you!”

Something inside Ashling snaps and she shoves him to the ground roughly, before running up the path, her sensitivity level already gone off.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

After that incident, their arguing grows worse to the point that whenever the two are in the same room, you can feel the tension in the air.

What really made it worse is when they have to decide where Malik is going to sleep. Ishizu has already taken the fourth bedroom, and the computer room is too small for Malik to stay in. That leaves only one option.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“He is not sleeping in my room.” Ashling says deadpan. “There is no way he is sleeping in my room. Why can’t he sleep in the fourth bedroom with his sister? Or maybe the basement would be better.”

Ashling’s mother gives her a ‘look’. “Ashling, you know that the fourth bedroom is too small for two people. And he will not be sleeping in the basement.”

Ashling huffs and crosses her arms over her chest.

“Ashling, you have the biggest room. There’s plenty of space in there for the two of you. More than enough room, really.” Her mom continues.

Ashling’s little sister, Cheyenne, grins. “Ha ha, you got stuck with him in your room.”

Ashling glares at her little sister. “Shut up, Cheyenne.”

Giggling, the brown-haired girl gets up from where she’s sitting on the stairs and runs up them.

“Bitch…” Ashling mutters under her breath.

“Ashling…” Her mother says warningly.

Ashling sighs. “Fine. But I really, really don’t like this.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Ashling cranks up her Linkin Park CD using the remote that came with her boom box. Singing along quietly, she turns back to what she’s doing. Then Malik comes into the room, scowling.

“Will you turn this crap down!?” He yells over the loud music. All he gets is an icy glare in reply before the blonde girl goes back to what she’s doing at her desk.

Curious, Malik walks across the room and looks down at what she’s doing. He catches a glimpse of a clay cat she’s working on before Ashling glares at him again.

“Do you mind?” She asks. “I don’t particularly like people viewing my work before it’s done.”

Malik grumbles, “whatever” under his breath. “Your mom sent me up. It’s time for dinner.” He says, and then quickly leaves the room.

Ashling carefully sets aside the tools she’s working with and then places a cover over the clay sculpture. Then she lays a thin piece of black fabric over top the clear plastic covering. After that she picks up the remote and hit’s the stop button and then the power button. She stretches, trying to get the stiffness out of her shoulders and lower bad, and then she stands up, brushing off her black jeans.

Ashling walks out of her room, making sure she closes the door behind her.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Downstairs Ishizu and Ashling’s mom are discussing something by the stove. Malik and Cheyenne are already sitting down, the brunette girl staring incredulously at the blonde-haired boy.

Ashling raises an eyebrow when she sees Malik’s large bowl of salad and play with a cut up apple, carrots, broccoli, and ranch dressing, and a roll on it. She quickly continues on though, trying to ignore him, and goes and fills her plate with plenty of chicken, two ribs, and two rolls. She smiles up at her dad. “The best ever, right dad?”

Her dad chuckles. “That’s right.”

Grinning, Ashling walks over to the table, quickly realizing that the only place left to sit is beside Malik. ‘I hate my family… except daddy because he agrees with me on this whole thing.’ She almost smirks when she remembers how angry her dad was when he heard the news. ‘I do wish he had actually traumatized Ishtar.’

Malik doesn’t even look up when Ashling sits down beside him. Instead he just munches on the pieces of apple.

‘She’s plotting something.’ He thinks to himself. ‘I just know she is. I’ll probably get locked out or get locking into something in the near future.’ Malik glances up at his sister and Ashling’s mom before his gaze returns to his food. ‘It’s those two I should really be worried about. They’re determined to make this thing work. If it wasn’t for mother…’

Ishizu rests a hand on her brothers arm, who looks up, lilac eyes startled. “Naam?” (1)

“Are you alright?” She asks.

Malik nods. “I’m fine, Ishizu.”

-C-A-T--O-F--T-H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S--C-A-T --O-F--T-H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S-

(1) According to my English to Arabic online dictionary thing, Naam means 'yes'.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Shiro: Well, that was chapter 2. I'm really sorry about the shortness of it. I promise the next one will be longer.

Bast: (reading over plans) (raises eyebrow) Hikari, what is it with you and handcuffs?

Shiro: Keitaro's idea.

Bast: And you're listening to him on this?

Shiro: Of course! He is my muse! (hugs Keitaro)

Keitaro: (grins) Love you too, koi.

Shiro: (rolls her eyes but keeps hugging Keitaro) Ain't he the cutest?

Malik: What about me?

Shiro: You have Ash.

Malik: Shiro, you idiot, you based Ash off of yourself.

Shiro: Only partially. I'm too shy to do even half the stuff Ash does. She's more like my 'inner' personality.

Kitsune: (sweatdrops)

Next chapter- Chapter 3: School
School starts back up, and Ashling and Malik find themselves in almost every single class together. This doesn't bode well... We also meet Ashling's strange group of friends.