Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Cat of the Lilac Eyes ❯ Chapter 3: School ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
-CRASH-

Shiro: I'm cutting this short since it sounds like Bakura and Mariku have managed to break something else...

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! If I did, would I really be sitting here writing fanfictions? Oh, I do own any OC's from DOTSL and any OC's in this story.

Suggestion: I forgot to say this before, but it would be a good idea to read Dragon of the Shadowed Light before this one since there will be some stuff from that one in this story. It's just a suggestion, but it will most likely make things a little more clear.

-C-A-T--O-F--T-H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S--C-A-T--O-F--T -H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S-

Chapter 3: School

Ashling walks into the computer room early on Wednesday morning and stops short when she sees Malik sitting on the couch with his laptop.

“What are you doing in here?” Ashling asks, calmly walking over and sitting down in the dark gray computer chair.

Malik raises sleepy lilac eyes to the strawberry blonde girl. “Shut up, Phoenix. It’s too early to listen to your crap.” And then he goes right back to what he’s doing.

Ashling sighs and then turns on the computer to go about her normal morning schedule.

On his laptop, Malik is trying to get a hold of Tama on IM. Finally, he does.

Lilac_eyed_cat: Tama! Thank Ra!

Shadowed_dragon: Hey Malik, how are you holding up?

Lilac_eyed_cat: x.x I hate it here!

Shadowed_dragon: Are you sure you’re not overreacting? Surely it’s not that bad.

Lilac_eyed_cat: Tama, I hate her. She hates me. Her mom, her sister, and my sister are insane. Her dad wants to kill me. HOW AM I OVEREACTING?!

Demon-bunny has entered the room.

Lilac_eyed_cat: Ryou! Help! Tama won’t listen to me!

Demon-bunny: How did you know it was me?

Lilac_eyed_cat: Who else do I know that has a partial nickname of ‘demon bunny’.

Shadowed_dragon: Malik, what you’re going through can’t even compare to the crap that’s been going on here. And it’s not even the usual crap with the three psycho’s!

Lilac_eyed_cat: (cowering in corner) Now I’m afraid. What’s going on?

Demon-bunny: The shadows are acting up.

Shadowed_dragon: And Yugi’s a girl.


Malik can’t help it. He cracks up laughing at Tama’s words. Ashling glances at the blonde boy in confusion and then quickly goes back to reading when she remembers that she hates him.

Malik tries to calm himself down and then goes back to what he’s doing.


Shadowed_dragon: Malik, shut up. I know you’re laughing! It’s really not funny.

Demon-rabbit: Actually, it was hilarious. You should have seen the look on the pharaoh and his hikari’s faces!

Shadowed_dragon: Bakura! Give Ryou back the computer! (continues yelling at the psychotic spirit offline)

Demon-rabbit: You’re no fun.

Lilac_eyed_cat: Please tell me you were joking about the whole Yugi thing.

Shadowed_dragon: Wish I could. Yami and Yugi got bored and decided to have a non-lethal shadow battle. Yami summoned Dark Magician Girl and then he and Yugi got into some strange conversation about having children. Yume made some comment on Mana always screwing up spell and ‘mishearing’ things.

Lilac_eyed_cat: How very… interesting.


“Malik! Ashling!” Mrs. Phoenix yells. “It’s time to go!”


Lilac_eyed_cat: Guys, I gotta run. I’ve got school. x.x

Shadowed_dragon: lol. Poor you. ttyl

Lilac_eyed_cat: Keep me posted. ttyl


Malik quickly logs out and shuts down his laptop. Then he goes downstairs right behind Ashling.

The two get downstairs to see Cheyenne sitting boredly on the couch beside Ashling’s mom and Ishizu standing by the door.

‘I don’t like the evil glint in her eyes…’ Malik thinks wearily, looking at his sister.

“Come here you two, I have something to tell you.”

‘I really don’t like that evil glint in her eyes.’ Malik decides.

Malik and Ashling step curiously over to Ishizu, Malik to the left of Ashling. Within seconds, Ishizu pulls something from behind her back and snaps it onto the two’s wrists. (Ashling’s right and Malik’s left.)

Malik and Ashling look down in shock at the handcuffs binding them together. And they’re not ordinary handcuffs. They are pink.

“Ishizu, what is this!?” Malik exclaims.

“You two need to learn how to get along. I know that the two of you have the same classes, so this works out perfectly.” Ishizu says nonchalantly.

Ashling twitches, glaring at the handcuffs. “I really hate this.” A thought crosses her mind regarding the schedule. “This isn’t going to work. PE isn’t co-ed.”

“We’ll inform the school.” Mrs. Phoenix says. “Now, I believe Ishizu has volunteered tp drive you down to catch the bud.” She catches sight of the mortified look on Ashling and Malik’s faces. “You two can drive tomorrow.”

“We have to ride the bus like this?!” Ashling asks hysterically. “It’s bad enough we have to go to school like this! I’ll never be able to face my friends again!” ‘Holly’s going to have a field day with this…’

Cheyenne rolls her eyes and stands up. “It’s, like, not that big of a deal.”

“Easy for you to say. You’re not the one stuck to the jerk!” Ashling snaps.

“No arguing.” Mrs. Phoenix says firmly. “You all need to go catch the bus. Go.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Less than 10 minutes later the three are getting on the bus. Cheyenne is the first one on, and she immediately heads toward the back to sit with her friends. Ashling makes Malik sit dwn in the first seat on the right side and then sits down as well.

A brown haired boy looks curiously at the two. “Why aren’t you sitting with me, friend?”

Ashling lifts up her right arm, which the one linked to Malik. “His older sister thought it’d be funny to handcuff us together.”

The brunette snickers, finding this very funny.

Ashling scowls. “Just… shut up, Mike.”

Beside her Malik sits there doodling fiercely on a piece of notebook paper muttering under his breath. “Stupid sister… stupid Mariku… Curse you pharaoh!” He yells, stabbing the doodle of Yami.

“Are you sure he’s mentally sane?” Mike asks.

Ashling sighs. “I’m positive he’s one-hundred percent insane.”

“Well that’s comforting…” Mike comments.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Ashling and Malik have trouble for the rest of the day. First with the teachers and then with their peers. They’ve both found out that it’s impossible to ignore someone when you’re chained to them.

Finally, second lunch arrives.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Ashling sighs and she sits down at the table, Malik soon following suit.

“Hey Ash!” A girl with shoulder-length brown hair with a reddish tint to it says, setting down her plate of cafeteria food. “Ooo, who’s the cute blonde?”

Ashling rolls her eyes. “This moron is Malik Ishtar.”

Her friend grins and sits down opposite of Ashling. “If he’s such a moron, then why is he sitting with us?”

“Holly, we’re stuck together.” Ashling says, gesturing to the handcuffs.

Holly cracks up laughing, tears springing to her eyes. “Oh kami! Wait ‘til the rest of the gang hears about this!”

“Hears about what?” A girl with long, straight blonde hair questions, sitting down with her bag lunch. “Who’s the guy?”

Ashling sighs. “Riley, I’ll introduce him when everyone gets here. That way, I won’t have to go through the introduction twenty-billion unwanted times.”

“Problem,” Riley’s golden-blonde haired brother says, setting down his plate of cafeteria food. “Mizu said he’ll be late.”

Ashling rolls her eyes again. “That punk is always late… fine, I’ll introduce him to everyone except that baka.”

Malik looks between the four, puzzled by some of their choice of words.

Less than five minutes later everyone except ‘the baka’, as he has been dubbed, is sitting down at the table.

There’s Kaylie, a girl with curly blonde hair who is slightly overweight; Max, Riley’s brother; Jiro, a brown-haired boy; Tabby, a dark blonde-haired girl; Chris, another blonde boy; Mike, Ashling’s brown-haired friend from the bus; Riley; Holly; Malik; and Ashling.

Max, Tabby, Chris, and Mike sit at one end of the table discussing sports while the rest of the group gets into their usual Anime conversation. Malik and Riley mainly listen though.

“Hello fellow Anime otaku! Did you miss me?” A very familiar sounding boy questions.

Malik looks up from his food and chokes on it when he sees who it is.

Damian jumps back, staring at Malik in shock. “What are you doing here?! Where’s Tama?! Where’s someone sane?! Oh kami, we’re all going to die!!!” He then proceeds to fall on the floor, feigning a faint.

Malik manages to correctly swallow his food. “Shut up, pretty boy.” He rasps.

Riley nudges Damian with her foot. “Hey Damian, you still alive down there?”

“I don’t know.” Comes the black-and-purple haired boy’s reply. “Am I?”

Everyone else sweat drops and then the rest of lunch goes on like normal, with loud Anime conversations, squealing from Holly and Kaylie, and more theatrics from Damian. All of which is completely normal.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Things take a down-turn in fourth period, which is PE for both Ashling and Malik. Apparently neither of the coaches are willing to listen to the fact that Ishizu handcuffed them together for a day to make them “learn to get along”. That plan of Ishizu’s has horribly failed so far.

So naturally, when they get home they practically beg Ishizu to remove the “damn pink things from Hell”, but Ishizu refuses, saying that they will be stuck together for one full day, which means they will be stuck together until morning. Of course, Ishizu is nice enough to un-bind them so they can go to the bathroom and put on pajama’s, but other than that…

Which is why Ashling and Malik are both sitting on Ashling’s bed. Malik is reading a manga he stole from Tama and Ashling is three-way chatting with Damian and Jiro on the phone.

“No, Holly specifically asked for sapphire blue.” Ashling patiently says. “Damian, I said sapphire blue… no, that’s not normal blue! Sapphire, sapphire!” She pauses for a moment, listening to the boys. “Okay, Holly wants sapphire blue- shuddup, both of you- Riley said golden yellow, Kaylie wants light blue, Jiro you get purple- okay, fine. Damian, you get purple and Jiro you can have dark green. I want red. No! Not scarlet- Damian! Shut up! No, that is not funny! No-! Don’t make me hang up on you! I’m serious- dude, if you don’t knock that off-”

Ashling cuts herself off and listens for a moment, her eyes growing wide. “No way. No effing way. Tell me you are not joking.” She laughs at something one of the guys say. “Oh yes! I could just hug you right now, Damian. I really could. Shut up, Jiro. That’s really getting old. Now, getting back on subject- no. No! Shut up! Anyway, I want red. Fire red, not scarlet, not dark red, not red-orange. Fire red. Damian, shut up. No! I’m hanging up on you now. No! Goodbye. No, I said! Bye!” Ashling turns off the phone before Jiro or Damian can say anything else.

“Time for dinner you two.” Ishizu says, poking her head into the doorway.

“Coming, Ishizu.” Ashling says cheerfully. “Lets go, blondie.”

Malik glares at her. “I told you to stop calling me that! You’re a blonde too you know.”

“Don’t care.” Ashling replies. “Lets go. I’m starving.”

-C-A-T--O-F--T-H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S--C-A -T--O-F--T-H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S-

Shiro: Well this was fun to write!

Bast: (puzzled) You brought Damian back.

Shiro: Of course! He's my favorite guy OC that I've created! (glomps Damian)

Damian: (smirks)

Keitaro: (growls)

Kiba: (glowering)

Kyle: (sighs) Bast, want to help me go retrieve the bandages from the bathroom?

Bast: Yeah... Kitsune, Kaze, are you two going to watch everything?

Kaze: I'd rather not watch those morons fight over the idiotic crossbreed.

Kitsune: I'm a little jealous...

Bast: (sighs) Thanks for your help...

Next chapter- Chapter 4: Café
Ashling gets a job and won't tell anyone what it is. Her Anime friends and Max know, but they're not telling. So Malik decides to follow her...