Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Cat of the Lilac Eyes ❯ Chapter 5: Problems ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shiro: I'm really sorry it took so long for me to get this chapter posted. I'll keep this short today.

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! If I did, would I really be sitting here writing fanfictions? Oh, I do own any OC's from DOTSL and any OC's in this story.

Suggestion: I forgot to say this before, but it would be a good idea to read Dragon of the Shadowed Light before this one since there will be some stuff from that one in this story. It's just a suggestion, but it will most likely make things a little more clear.

-C-A-T--O-F--T-H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S--C-A-T--O-F--T -H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S-

Chapter 5: Problems

Tama and Ryou awaken to the sound of their phone ringing and the three Darks making a racket.

“They’re worse than three year olds…” Ryou grumbles tiredly.

“Urg…” Tama groans, trying to tug the blankets up over her head. “It’s your turn.”

“Don’t wanna. You do it.”

“HIKARI! WILL YOU ANSWER THE RA-DAMNED PHONE ALREADY?!” Yume yells.

Cursing her once-sane yami, Tama rolls over and picks up the phone halfway through the final ring. “Hello?” She sleepily asks.

She bolts up into a sitting position when she hears Yugi crying on the other end. “Yugi? Yugi, what’s wrong?” Tama listens for a moment, a frown slowly spreading across her face.

Ryou sits up as well, worry showing clearly in his gentle brown eyes.

“Calm down Yugi. Me and Ryou will be over in a minute… Bring the girls? I don’t think I have- Okay, Yugi. I’ll get them.” Tama hangs up the phone and runs a hand through her bangs.

“What’s wrong?” Ryou asks.

“I really don’t know.” Tama replies, worry evident in her voice. “Yugi wants us to come over ASAP and he said something about wanting the others girls there.”

“But what about the yami’s?” Ryou asks.

Tama pushes back the covers and gets out of the bed. “I’ll handle them.” The younger Light says, a small smirk on her face. “You get dressed and hunt down the keys.”

Ryou nods to her before Tama leaves the room.

Tama walks down the upstairs hall to the stairs and then goes down them. The sight that greets her in the living room is one of Marik, Yume, and Bakura tangled up together playing their own version of Twister. She raises and eyebrow, but makes no comment on their choice of activity. ‘Well, at least this explains why Yume was yelling at me to get the phone…’

“Who was that on the phone, hikari?” Yume asks, carefully sending a tendril of shadow magic at the spinner. “Marik, left knee green.”

“It was Yugi.” Tama replies, watching as Marik struggles to get his right knee on green without falling over. “He needs me and Ryou to go over there.”

Bakura almost glares at Tama. “I am not going over there and be made fun of by the pharaoh.”

Tama rolls her eyes, remembering the last time they went over there and Yume and Marik dumped red cool-aide on the snowy-white haired Tomb Robber’s head. “Well good, because you three are staying here.” She almost smirks at the surprised looks on their faces. “Yume, I’m leaving you in charge. I swear if we come back to find this place in complete disorder or blown up you will never be left alone again.” Tama gives them the darkest look she possibly can, which turns out pretty good for her being a Light.

All three Darks shudder. Well, no one ever said a Light can’t be evil.

Ryou walks down the stairs and sighs when he sees the yami’s. He’s now dressed in his blue and white striped shirt and light blue jeans.

“Meet you in the car.” Tama says cheerfully, running past him back up the stairs to change out of her pajama’s.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Less than a half hour later, Mai, Serenity, Téa, Tama, Ryou, and Joey are all at the game shop trying to comfort Yugi, who’s crying in Yami’s arms. Poor Yami has the most lost expression on his face.

“Have you been able to get anything out of him, Yami?” Téa asks, puzzled by her friend’s crying.

Despite the fact that Mana somehow managed to turn Yugi into a girl, the gang still refers to him as a guy, since he acts and looks the same (except for longer hair and a female form…) and since Mana promised to change him back (although it’ll take time and research).

Yami shakes his head ‘no.’ “He left a little while ago, came home and locked himself in our room. The next thing I know he’s attached to my waist crying his eyes out.”

Mai looks at Yugi thoughtfully for a moment. “Yami, where’s you room? Joey and I will go up and look for anything unusual.”

“Up the stairs to the end of the hall.” Yami murmurs distractedly, gently stroking Yugi’s black and red hair.

Mai and Joey both get up and go upstairs to Yugi and Yami’s room. Ryou then sits down in Mai’s spot, which is right beside Tama.

“Has anything weird been happening lately? Well, weirder than usual?” Serenity asks.

Yami frowns, thinking back through the past several weeks since Mana turned Yugi into a girl. “Nothing too unusual. Although he has been acting weird these past few days. It started about the time Mana popped by to visit.”

A shriek from upstairs catches everyone’s attention.

“Apparently they found something.” Tama murmurs.

Seconds later Mai and Joey rush down the stairs, both of them pale.

“What’s wrong?” Yami asks, tightening his hold on Yugi.

Joey hands something to Yami. “You might want to take a look at dis.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“He’s what?” Yume asks in shock, ignoring both Bakura and Marik who are choking on their drinks.

“Pregnant. Yugi’s pregnant.” Tama says faintly, leaning against the counter for support. “Mai and Joey found the test in his and Yami’s bathroom. Apparently Mana said something to Yugi a few days ago.”

Ryou walks up behind Tama and wraps his arms around her waist. “Téa fainted when Mai told us. Yami looked like he was about to have a heart attack or something.”

“Damn him.” Bakura mutters. “Here I was hoping the pharaoh’s line would end with him.”

Yume rolls her eyes. “Bakura, any of our children would be next in line for pharaoh.”

Bakura curses. “Damn you, Yami! Why won’t you let me win for once?!”

The others sweat drop.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Several days later Joey comes to Tama with a problem. The two meet at a small café in town.

“So, what’s your problem, Joey?” Tama asks. ‘Ra, I sound like a psychologist or something.’

Joey groans, his head hitting the table. “Well, ya see, Mai’s been actin’ kind a weird lately. I mean, we’re not an official couple or nothing, so it’s not dad odd dat she’s datin’ some guy.”

Tama raises an eyebrow. “I thought you two were dating. What happened?”

Joey sighs and lifts his head off the table, honey brown eyes sad. “We got started talking about da age difference between us and things just kind a… went ‘splat’.”

“I’m guessing the fact that you’re still in high school came into play.” Tama says.

Joey nods. “Yeah, it did. Tama, I don’t know what I’m gonna do! I think…” He swallows and nervously looks around. “I think I love her.”

“Then tell her.” Tama firmly says. “Tell her and see what happens. Age doesn’t matter and it’s really not that much of a difference. You’re already eighteen and this is your last year of high school.”

Joey looks at Tama hopefully. “You think that me tellin’ her…?”

Tama smiles. “It’ll work out, Joey. And if she turns ya down, tell me and I’ll kick her butt for ya!”

Joey laughs, the familiar light coming back into his eyes. “I’ll remember dat. Thanks Tama.”

“It’s no problem. Now, whaddya say we finish our tea and hit the arcade?” She asks.

“Sounds like a plan to me!”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Yume rifles through one of the drawers in the kitchen, searching for a close pin to keep the bag of chips she, Bakura, and Marik had opened shut. Instead, she finds something completely different.

“‘Sporks’.” The once-spirit girl reads in an amused tone. “What’s a spork? Sounds funny…” Curiosity getting the better of her, Yume opens the box and pulls out one of the strange looking utensils.

“What’s that?” Marik asks, peering over his cousin’s shoulder. “‘Sporks’.” He reads. “What’s a spork?”

“No idea.” Yume replies.

“Looks like a torture device.” Bakura comments, appearing out of nowhere from behind Marik. “What do you think?”

Yume shrugs and puts the spork back into the box. “No clue. It is neat looking though…”

“I want one!” Marik yells, trying to grab the box of sporks from Yume.

“No, they’re mine!” Yume yells, clutching the box to her chest as she evades Marik.

The kitchen erupts into chaos as Marik begins chasing Yume around in an effort to get the sporks. Then Bakura joins in, on nobody’s side but his own, and manages to grab the box. Laughing evilly, the silvery-white haired yami runs out of the kitchen. Yume and Marik immediately give chase, each determined to get the box of sporks for themselves.

They keep this up for a while before the box tears in half and the sporks scatter everywhere. The yami’s then scramble to pick up the sporks.

Now armed with the sporks, the three yami’s begin an all-out spork war. Yes, you read correctly. A spork war.

When Tama and Ryou returns home form their weekly outing to the grocery store, they find little plastic pieces of spork littering the floor and three worn out Dark’s crashed in the living room with broken and non-broken sporks around them.

“I told you we should have hidden them better.” Ryou says. “Now we’ll be stepping on pieces of spork for weeks.”

Tama shrugs. “Well, if it keeps them from completely destroying the house.”

“That’s true…”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Mokuba sighs as he sets aside the video game control for his PS2. Lately, he has had nothing to do. The company is running smoothly and Kaiba Land is in complete working order. The only thing new is the Duel Disk system Seto is designing, wanting one that’s of lighter weight and better quality.

Since Seto is working on it on his own, Mokuba has virtually nothing to do except stay at home and play video games. But even that gets boring once it’s all you do for nearly the entire summer.

Mokuba sighs heavily and walks out of the game room, wanting to go to his room to draw, listen to music, and try to work on his own Duel Monsters deck for a while.

In his room he easily finds a few sheets of blank paper, some pencils, and his box of unorganized Duel Monster cars. Then he turns on his music and sits down at his desk to work.

Mokuba looks thoughtfully at the blank piece of paper laying in front of him just waiting to be drawn on. ‘What should I draw…? I could draw something for Seto. A Blue-Eyes maybe? No, I’ve already drawn a bunch for him. Maybe Kuriboh for Yugi? No, Yami can summon up the real thing…’ He taps one of his pencils on the desk, trying his best to think of what to draw. ‘I know! I’ll draw a puppy for Serenity!’

And so, Mokuba sets to work on drawing a puppy for Serenity. When he finishes he sets down his pencil and studies it. ‘Hmm… it’s missing something. But what? A background! That’s it!’ Mokuba determinedly picks up his pencil and begins drawing the background in.

When he’s finally done, he has a picture of a playful golden retriever puppy with dog bones, a toy, and a few Duel Monster cards laying on the floor around it. Writing on the collar reads “Joey”, which is there to get a laugh out of Serenity and annoy Joey.

Smiling Mokuba sets the picture aside only to find that he has come back to the problem he faced before. Complete. Boredom.

Now Mokuba sighs and leans back in his chair. Then he sets his pencil on his nose and balances it there. ‘Seto and Tama both say that the easiest way to get rid of boredom is to find something productive to do. But that’s the problem- I can’t find anything to do.’ He sits back up, dropping the pencil carelessly onto his desk. ‘I guess I could try to think of what our next project could be. We don’t need any more places for people to duel- KaibaLand and the streets and stuff are good enough for that.’ Mokuba glances at his box of cards. ‘What we need is a place for future duelists. A… a… duelist academy or something.’ His eyes light up. ‘That’s perfect! I’ll run it by Tama first to see what she thinks and then show it to Seto!’

Now that he has found something to do, Mokuba pulls a sheet of notebook paper from his desk and begins writing down any ideas he gets for his duelist academy idea. Then he begins sketching idea’s for different dorms and possible titles for them.

When he’s done, he finds it early enough to call Tama and run the idea by her. Tama arrives at the mansion a half hour later and the two go sit in the living room to talk.

Tama looks over Mokuba’s ideas, lilac eyes wide. Mokuba watches her, fidgeting nervously.

Tama sets the papers aside gently. “Mokuba, this has to be the greatest idea you have ever had. You’ve had some good ones, but this is the best of the best. This is exactly what we need- an academy for future duelists.” She smiles brightly at Mokuba. “I think Seto will really like this.”

Mokuba smiles as well. “Thanks Tama.”

-C-A-T--O-F--T-H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S--C-A-T-- O-F--T-H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S-

Kitsune: Well that's an interesting way of thinking up how the Duelist Academy was created.

Shiro: (grins) Isn't it just?

Kyle: That was an... interesting chapter.

Shiro: (still grinning) Wasn't it?

Kaze: (rolls her eyes) Shiro, you're a moron.

Shiro: Am I really?

Kitsune and Kaze: (both groan)

Bast: (sweatdrops) Erm... please review? Shiro likes reviews.

Keitaro: Except for when they're flames! Even if those do make her write more just to spite people!

THANK YOU's to: Earthpaw, Josephine Taylor, nekoofdeath, sugar high water uma