Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Cat of the Lilac Eyes ❯ Chapter 8: Change ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shiro: (yawns) So sleepy... must post chapter first... must not sleep... sleep is good...... zzzzzzzzzzz...

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! I do own any OC's used in this story and the plot.

-C-A-T--O-F--T-H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S--C-A-T--O-F--T- H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S-

Chapter 8: Change

It’s Saturday and Riley, Damian, Holly, Max, Ashling, and Malik are all gathered at the movie theatre, buying food and tricks for the scary movie they’re about to see.

Ashling and Damian are both grinning like the idiots they are, a surefire sign that they’re planning something. Holly appears to also know, as she’s skipping around the lobby singing, ‘We’re off to see the wizard!’.

Malik watches Holly skip around, the reddish-brown haired girl reminding him of Marik when he gets into sugar.
Riley sighs. “Holly, come over here and get your food and soda!” She calls over to her.

Holly stops singing and then skips over to the counter. Once she gets her food she stops skipping. Then the group heads back to see the movie.

Riley, Max, and Malik completely forget about Damian, Ashling, and Holly’s plotting up until a highly suspenseful part of the movie.

Ashling lets out an ear piercing scream, Holly yells, “Jason!!!”, and Damian jumps up in his seat and yells, “DIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!”

The three are quiet after that. Then Ashling begins pelting random people with popcorn. Damian soon begins to help her, but Holly doesn’t because she’s too into the movie at this point.

Riley and Max both roll their eyes at the two, but do nothing to stop them, happy that Ashling has began pranking again. Malik watches Ashling out of the corner of his eyes, confused by her behavior.

The movie ends some time later. Surprisingly, Ashling and Damian don’t get caught. They walk out to the parking lot together, laughing hysterically. Ashling leaning on Damian for support.

“Did you see when that guy turned around and glared at Riley?” Ashling asks. “As if it was all her fault we were throwing popcorn at him!”

Riley rolls her eyes. “Honestly, I though you two already moved on from immature pranks.”

Damian throws an arm around Ashling’s shoulders. “Why, I must start out small to prepare my dear old marauding buddy for the big ‘uns.”

Riley raises an eyebrow at his terminology, Max sighs, Malik looks at Damian like he’s insane, and Ashling laughs.

“Still using the Harry Potter pranksters name?” She asks.

Damian grins. “But of course!” He takes his arms off Ashling’s shoulder. “So, who’s up for a trip to the mall?”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

After what is now known as “the mall incident”, who’s events shall remain unnamed, the group heads back to their small town and splits up, each heading for their own home. Once home, Ashling immediately heads for the computer while Malik decides to check his e-mail and see if Tama or Ryou is on the computer. He does so in his and Ashling’s room.

Malik has two e-mails from Tama.

October 18. Shadowed_dragon writes:

Hey Mal, what’s up? We’ve been having some freaky things going on here and it still has nothing to do with the 3 nuts. Although said 3 nuts have discovered sporks. (rolls eyes)

Neway, you know how DMG aka Mana screwed up with her whole ‘mis-hearing’ thing? Well, apparently Yugi’s pregnant. Yes, you read correctly. He’s about 3 months along now. We’ve figured the baby will be born in April. ‘Kura, Marik, and Yume have been torturing Yami to no end over this whole thing. Yugi actually ‘threw’ them out of the house yesterday.

I’ve got to go. I think 1 of the 3 nuts have blown up something in the kitchen again. I swear they need serious lessons. Ttyl
-Tama

November 1. Shadowed_dragon writes:

Malik, shadows have been acting weird. Write me ASAP.

-Tama

Malik frowns at reading the second letter, his shock at the contents of the first one disappearing. ‘The shadows have been acting weird? Why haven’t I noticed?’ The answer comes to him immediately. ‘Of course. I haven’t been dueling or practicing shadow magic lately. No wonder I haven’t noticed.’

He clicks on the ‘compose’ button on e-mail and quickly types in Tama’s e-mail address.

November 11. Lilac_eyed_cat writes:

Tama,

I haven’t noticed the shadows acting up. Don’t tell yami I haven’t been practicing. I’ll check it out later in the bottom field here. I have no clue as to why they’d be acting up. Unless it has something to do with Yugi’s “condition”, the disappearance of the M. items, or us being separated.

WBASAP.

-Malik

Malik sends the e-mail to Tama ad then shuts off his laptop. Then he sets it aside and gets up, walking over to his suitcase. He reaches in and pulls out his card box and puts it into his pocket. Malik leaves the room and goes downstairs where he finds Ishizu watching TV with Mrs. Phoenix.

“I’m going outside.” He tells his sister as he puts on his shoes.

Ishizu nods. “Make sure you’re back for dinner.”

Malik nods in return and opens the door, ready to head down to the bottom field.

He gets down there less than ten minutes later and looks around to make sure no one can see him. ‘This would be so much easier if I still had the Millennium Rod.’ Malik thinks as he pulls a card from his deck. He sweat drops when he sees that it’s Kuriboh. ‘Tama…’ Then he shrugs. ‘Well, I’ve got to start out small anyway,’

Malik holds the card out in front of him and closes his eyes, concentrating on drawing the shadows to him. It takes longer than usual since he hasn’t summoned anything for a while. He eventually gathers enough shadow magic and opens his eyes. “I summon Kuriboh!”

The shadow magic gathers into the shape of Kuriboh and then the Kuriboh itself appears

“Kuriiii!”

Malik pats the creature on the head when it floats over to him. “Well, nothing seems too odd here.” Then something hits him in the back of his head. “Ow!” His jaw drops when he sees a second Kuriboh, this one brown and white. “Oh shit.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Malik walks back up to the house hours later looking incredibly tired. He walks right past Ishizu, who looks at him questioningly. Malik ignores her and goes upstairs, wanting nothing more than to collapse on his bed and sleep.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Mokuba watches several Kuriboh and a baby Blue-Eyes float or fly around the room. Tama yawns as she boredly continues to sketch the main building of Duelist Academy. A Kuriboh lands on her head and the tri-color haired girl twitches.

“Mokuba, please get the overgrown fluff ball off my head before I go insane.” She growls, tightly gripping the mechanical pencil in her hand.

“Kurrrriiiii!” The Kuriboh protests as Mokuba takes it off Tama’s head.

“Stupid fluff ball.”

The Kuriboh looks sadly at Tama and Mokuba hugs it.

“Aww, Tama. You hurt his feelings.”

Tama looks at Mokuba and the black furred Kuriboh. “You two look like you could be twins.”

Mokuba grins. “We could, couldn’t we?”

Tama rolls her eyes and turns back to her job of editing and re-editing the buildings for Duelist Academy, only to find the paper is gone. She grits her teeth and looks up to see the baby Blue-Eyes holding the paper. “Are you all against me getting any work done today, or what?”

Mokuba continues grinning. “Maybe.”

At this time Seto steps into the room, stops abruptly at seeing the Kuriboh and the baby Blue-Eyes, and then turns on his heel and walks away from the room muttering, “They’re not real. They’re not real. There were not Duel Monsters flying around in my brother’s room. They are not real.”

Tama sweat drops. ‘And he’s suppose to be the Dragon Highlord.’ The Dragon Guardian then turns her attention back to the baby Blue-Eyes flying around the room with her paper. “Blue! Please give me back that paper! I need to get that design finished!”

“You work too hard, Tama.” Mokuba comments. “You need to relax a little.”

Tama growls something in Dragonic and then slips a card from her Duel Monsters deck. “You want to see me do something fun? How about this for fun? I summon, Silver Fang!” Tama concentrates the shadow magic into the area and watches as it takes the shape of the wolf Duel Monster and then Silver Fang itself appears. “Tackle him, Silver Fang!”

With a howl, the Duel Monster tackles Mokuba to the ground. The younger Kaiba laughs loudly as Silver Fang licks his cheek.

Tama smirks and snatches the paper from the baby Blue-Eyes. “How’s that for fun?”

Mokuba laughs and sits up, gently pushing Silver Fang away from him. “That was fun. I wasn’t really expecting that.”

Tama sits back down at the desk and goes back to editing the design. “Always expect the unexpected, young Kaiba.”

Mokuba grins as the black furred Kuriboh lands on his head. “You’d think I’d know that by now.”

“Yes, I would.”

-C-A-T--O-F--T-H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S--C-A-T- -O-F--T-H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S-

Shiro: Sorry about the shortness of this chapter. The next one is longer. I had a hard time ending it actually. I was sort of all over the place for this one so I'm sorry if it confused you.

Kaze: (reading a book)

Bast: (yawns) So sleepy... I'm going to go find Kyle... (wanders off)

Shiro: She's got a good idea. (yawns) G'night everyone.