Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Cat of the Lilac Eyes ❯ Chapter 20: Epilogue ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shiro: (leans back in chair with a half-happy sigh) Hey Bast, you hear that?

Bast: Hear what?

Shiro: This, my dear yami, is the sound of a successfully completed fanfiction.

Bast: Sounds a bit like disappointment too.

Shiro: T-T Yeah, that too.

Disclaimer: If you still think that I own Yu-Gi-Oh by this point in the story, then that's a sad sad thing. I do own all OC's in this story and the plot.

-C-A-T--O-F--T-H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S--C-A-T--O-F--T- H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S-

Chapter 20: Epilogue

6-year-old Suma Muto happily chases after her cousins Amane Bakura and Yasu and Ammon Khalid. Amane and Ammon are both 5-years-old and Yasu is 6-years-old like Suma.

Suma has hair just like her dad’s; the ever familiar black and red hair with bright goldenrod yellow lightning bolt shaped bangs and her eyes are amethyst. Amane has her dad’s pure snowy white hair and her mother’s lilac eyes. Yasu has white hair with black highlights and violet eyes. Ammon has dark red hair that has natural white highlights and his eyes are mahogany.
Amane turns around and sticks her tongue out. “Can’t get me, Fireball!”

“Just you wait, Mirror-girl!” Suma yells back. “I will get you!”

Ammon laughs as he jumps over the side of the sandbox and lands in the grass. “Fireball, you couldn’t catch a dog if it was sleeping!”

Suma growls loudly and lengthens her stride enough to catch up to Ammon and then she tackles him to the ground. Grinning, she comments, “Guess you’re a dead dog then, huh Shadow?”

Ammon just grumbles something under his breath while Amane and Yasu laugh.

The six parents watch the kids from inside the house through the newly installed sliding glass doors.

“They look like they’re having fun.” Tama comments.

Yugi nods in agreement. “Reminds me of us when we were kids. Remember how we used to play tackle-tag almost every day?”

Tama laughs. “Yeah! That was when Téa could care less about rolling around in the mud and in the grass with us. Lets just hope they won’t cause as much trouble as we did.”

Bakura and Yume both snort and roll their eyes.

“Tama, they’re our kids. Of course they’re going to cause trouble. And most likely it’ll be more seeing as how we’ve raised them to play pranks and not get caught.”

-CRASH!-

“Oww!”

̶ 0;Mum!! Ammon broke the table!”

“It’s your fault!” Ammon loudly retorts.

“My fault! You’re the one who jumped on it!” Amane yells back.

Yami is the first to get up and get to the door. He quickly slides it open and sets outside and is followed by the other parents.

Tama takes one look at the table and sighs. “We really can’t have anything nice, can we?”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“Seth! Jono! Maiko! You three take it easy!” Mai yells from the back porch of the Kaiba’s mansion.

The triplets pause in the middle of sneaking up on their younger cousin and give their mother a disappointed look.

For being triplets, the Wheeler kids look quite different from one another. Seth has light brown hair and violet eyes. Jono looks just like his dad with his messy blonde hair and brown eyes. Maiko has messy wavy blonde hair and purple eyes, a miniature of her mother.

Their younger cousin is Chizu Kaiba, the daughter of Seto and Serenity. She has long ebony black hair and bright ocean blue eyes.

Chizu is 3-years-old while the triplets are 5-years-old.

“They’ll be fine, Mai.” Serenity says as she stands up. “I need to go check on Yukio. Can you guys watch Chizu for me?”

Joey nods. “Of course, sis. She’s in capable hands!” He catches sight of Jono and Seth preparing to attack and yells, “Jono! Seth! Leave your cousin alone! Do you hear me?!”

“Aww, but daddy, Chi doesn’t mind! Do you, Chi?” Jono asks the raven haired child.

“We just playin’, Unca Joey.” Chizu says, “They no hurt me.”

“Hello family!” Mokuba loudly says, stepping out the backdoor.

Now a freshman in college, Mokuba has changed a lot in four years. He’s no longer the somewhat hyper, big brother worshipping, little kid he was. Now he’s 19-years old, going for an art major, and is an extremely happy uncle. He’s also a lot taller now, just not as tall as his brother. His hair isn’t quite as long as it used to be. Now it goes about 3 inches below his shoulders and he keeps it pulled back in a low ponytail.

“Unca Mokie!” Chizu happily squeals, running over to her uncle just as Jono and Seth jump toward her. They miss and as a result clunk heads with one another.

Mokuba happily picks up his niece and spins her around in the air before letting her climb on his back.

“Horsy!”

Mai can’t help but laugh when Mokuba whinnies and then begins prancing around the yard. Chizu squeals happily again and then begins laughing. Jono and Seth begin arguing and only stop when Maiko comes up and clunks their heads together. They then begin chasing one another around the yard in some strange game that’s a cross between tag and red-light-green-light.

“For all the strange, chaotic things that happen in this backyard things sure are peaceful lately.” Mai comments.

Joey nods. “Yeah, but it won’t last too long. The Ishtar’s are coming back from their trip to America this Saturday.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“Liam Kalil Ishtar!” Ashling yells, running out in the front yard. “Get off of Fred and come inside!”

A strawberry blonde haired, 4-year-old boy looks at his mother with the most pathetic puppy-dog eyes possible. “Can’t I-?”

“No.” Ashling says firmly, giving him a look when his bottom lip begins quivering. “Liam, I said no. Now lets go inside.”

Liam pouts but gets off of the large snoozing dog he and Zahur named Fred. After the numerous cats Ashling adopted, Malik finally went out and adopted a dog. Despite it being a girl dog, the twins have been insistent on calling her Fred. The name has already grown on the entire Ishtar family and so the mixed breed dog is officially named Fred. (1)

Ashling sighs and bends down, allowing the younger twin to climb onto her back. “Lets go see what daddy, Zahur, and Ophelia are up too, shall we?”

“Mm ‘kay.” Liam says, happy to be getting a piggy-back ride.

Inside Ashling finds her blonde-haired, blue eyed oldest son playing Connect Four with Malik. A 1-year-old girl with sandy blonde hair and lilac eyes sits in Malik’s lap, happily playing with two kitty plushies.

“Hey, whatcha guys up to?” Ashling asks.

“Nothin’.” Zahur says distractedly, carefully studying the game.

Malik looks up at his wife and smiles. “Zahur’s beating me in Connect Four like usual, is all.”

Ashling chuckles. “That’s momma’s little prodigy.”

Liam tugs on the back of Ashling’s shirt. “What am I and ‘Lia?”

Ashling smiles and kneels down so Liam can get off. “Why you’re momma’s little prankster and Ophelia is daddy’s little girl.” She then tickles Liam, making him squirm and happily laugh.

“Momma, stop.” Zahur says. “I trying to c- con- con-….” He looks at his dad in frustration, unable to think of the word.

“Concentrate?” Malik supplies.

Zahur nods. “Yeah. That.”

Ashling complies and stops tickling Liam so that Zahur can fully concentrate on the game.

The front door now opens and Damian steps in and gives his usual loud greeting of, “Hello everyone!”

Riley steps into the house behind him, holding the hand of their two-year-old daughter, Ebony, who has her father’s natural purple hair and mint green eyes.

“Hey Damian. Riley. Little Beth.” Ashling greets, standing up.

Ebony smiles shyly and then hides behind Riley’s leg.

“Marik, Holly, and their two were pulling in behind us.” Damian says as the other half of the Ishtar family steps onto the front porch.

Marik and Holly’s oldest child is 4-year-old Ryan Ishtar. He has brown hair with natural brown highlights and brown eyes with hints of lilac. The youngest is 2-year-old Matsu, who has blonde hair and lilac eyes.

“I’m starving!” Damian suddenly announces. “When are we going to eat, Dream Kitten?”

Ashling laughs. “We’re eating outside today, so head on out to the backyard and crank up the radio. That’ll get everyone’s attention.”

Damian salutes her. “Aye, aye, mon capitan! Country, right?”

Ashling nods. “Of course. After all,” Her voice adopts a heavy redneck/southern accent. “We is just a buncha rednecks.”

Damian laughs and picks up on the accent. “Yjay be right, misses. Now, to the backyard! Charge!” He then spins around and walks forward only to smack right into the door. Several people in the room crack up laughing and Liam looks at Damian in something akin to amazement.

“I wanna be just like Uncle Damian when I grow up!” He announces.

Ashling chokes back her laughter and mock-glares at a somewhat dazed Damian. “Stop corrupting my kid, pretty-boy!”

Damian just grins. “Not my fault the kids love me!” He says jovially, before opening the door and walking outside. Riley, Ebony, Marik, Holly, Ryan, and Matsu follow.

“I win.” Zahur announces happily.

Malik blinks comically and looks at the game in wonder. “Well I’ll be…”

“Scary. We’ve been here but a month and you’re already to start talking like a southerner.” Ashling comments. “Thank Ra we’re leaving Saturday. Now, lets go eat! I’m starving and can smell grandpa’s famous chicken and ribs!”

“Yeah! Food!” Liam cheers. “Grandpa’s the best cook ever!”

“And no slipping food to Fred. Or Daisy, or Dixie, or Goldie, or Raven, or Percy. And don’t feed any of the cats either. Or the squirrels.” Ashling says, getting a strange look from Malik at the last one. “Park incident. You don’t want to know.” She tells him.

“Worse than the ducks and geese?”

“Much.”

………
“Okay, let’s go eat!” Ashling says, scooping up Liam and placing him back on her back. Liam immediately begins cheering as they run out of the house. Malik follows at a slower pace with Zahur and Ophelia.

And so, the next adventure has just begun.

-C-A-T--O-F--T-H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S--C-A-T--O-F--T -H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S-

(1) I really have no clue what-so-ever where this strange and bizarr idea came from. I guess it's just a look at the oddities of the Ishtar twins. (sighs) Some things that come out of my mind scare me.

0-0-0-0

Shiro: Well, that's it. That's the end of Cat of the Lilac Eyes. Rather saddening, actually. Oh well, I've got a sequel to work with as well as an interesting idea for an AU with this series.

Bast: And now it's come time to give a big THANK YOU to all of our fabulous reviewers who inspire us. Not including the two flames, despite the fact that those make us want to write even more. Oh, and Kyle's made a bunch of goodies for you all! So you can take your pick of all sorts of different kinds of cookies, we have two cakes, one is completely chocolate with a big 'Thank you' written in blue icing, and the other is a ice cream cake that's vanilla and chocolate. We also have cupcakes with little kitty heads decorated on them in different colored icing! Enjoy!

Keitaro: Don't forget about the name and dates, Shiro!

Shiro: (glomps Keitaro with a chocolate cupcake in hand) Thanks Kei-kun! Anyway, the sequel is titled 'Duelists of the Elemental Spirits' and it takes place in the Yu-Gi-Oh GX timeframe. That's right! They get to go to Duel Academy! (evil laughter) There's a reason for it, so don't worry. We also get to spend a little time with Mokuba. So, the focus of the sequel is the kids and Mokuba. As for when I'm going to post it... Well, I'm going to wait as long as I can possibly hold out. I can't tell you all how hard it was for me to wait to post during the break I took. I'm trying for some time between January 31st and February 15th. The official date will be posted on my profile under 'Stories to Come'.


Title of Sequel- Duelists of the Elemental Spirits
Approx. date of posting- any time January 31st to February 15th. Official date will be posted on profile page under 'Stories to Come'.