Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Catching your breath ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

ancient-secret : "Yellow girls , long time no see. This is the first chapter of `CYOA:Catching your breath'. Since DarkFlareKitsune chose the closest number to 9 , the first story is a Bakura/you fic. Have fun reading!"=^.^=

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* The Beginning *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"For tomorrow class , you shall write 3-4 pages about how the Egyptians spent their free time. Please note that this shall affect your grade. Dismissed!" , your history teacher announced , thus waking you from your daydream about you beating the famous Yami Bakura in a duel. Half asleep , you took your books and started walking over to your best friend , (best friend's name).

She noticed you and smirked.

"Fell asleep again , huh?"

"You didn't expect me to stay awake through history , did you?"

"Yeah , I guess you're right. So , you want the homework , ne?" , she gets the `why would I be here in the first place, you baka'-look and sighed, "Fine , we have to write 3-4 pages about how the ancient Egyptians spent their free time and , P.S , this SHALL effect our grade." When she looked at you , she got a fright. Your eyes had a happy sparkle in them , that rarely happened. Another sigh escaped her lips.

"Uhm , _(your name)_ -chan , that doesn't include Duel Monsters , Miss Thomas meant what they REALLY did , not what some guy imagined in order to make a Manga!"

"Feh , as if I care!"

"Fine , (your name)-chan , it IS your grade !"

"Yeah , yeah , see you tomorrow!" , and with that , you started running towards your house.

20 minutes and a very tired and happy teenager later , you fell on your soft (favorite color) bed and start thinking. `Now , how to start?'

After 15 minutes of `hard' thinking , you remembered that your dad had a book on ancient Egypt. `It IS better then nothing' , you sighed and walked towards the bookshelf . You started looking through the thousands of stupid war books your dad read every day or sappy romance novels your mother so dearly treasured.

"This is more like a friggin jungle , were the heck is that book?!" , you started getting annoyed. Suddenly , a book fell on your head , sending you falling towards the oh-so soft ground.

"Ouch…" , you said , standing up. When you spotted the god damn book that gave you a big bump on your head , you took it from the floor and started opening a window.

"Baka book , I'm sure nobody'll miss you , damn…uhm..want's your name……" , you looked at the books title and laughed wickedly , "….ah yeah , damn history of ancient Egypt! May you go to hell , mua ha ha ha!" , before the book could be thrown away , your mind registered what you had in your hand , "Yes!!!!! I finally found you my beloved book!"

And within a split second , you were in your room , on your bed , notebook and pen in hand and dreaming of getting an A+ at history . Ok , after you finish the nice little daydream about how your teacher gives you the duel monsters card you always wanted and you were very happy and wanted to get to work.

"So , first of all , how they lived , page….4!" , you chirped and opened the book as you read on and wrote enough to give Miss Thomas headaches for a week.

You had been reading , noting and grinning for two hours and you were almost done.

"Just two more sentences and I'm off to read a CYOA !" , you chirped and went to page 283 and started reading aloud.

"The most mysterious of all games , were the shadow games. Their immense power of destruction and chaos had roamed Egypt for a long time . Ancient beasts battled for their masters , each battle ending tragic for one of the participants. With the help of his courage and of his loyal followers , a young pharaoh banned the shadow games and thus saved his people…" , you were left speechless , how could that be possible?

Either you were going crazy and were to obsessed with Yu-Gi-Oh or that wasn't your imagination and the guy who wrote that book was really saying the truth.

"Ok , now for the last page…huh?" , when you looked at the last page , or better said what was supposed to be the last page , you gasped. There was a little piece of paper , it looked really old and , what made you gasp , a duel monsters card. You examined it carefully.

"I've never seen this card before , hmmmm….." , the card was a magic card called `The Chosen One' (ok , I don't know all the existent duel monsters cards but I hope this one doesn't exist yet giggles)

On it was drawn a girl as a portal towards the pyramids opened right in front of her , the immense light consuming her body and , under the drawing , there was the card's description:

`The Chosen One is sent back in the time of the great pharaoh in order to change the past and thus , the future…beware…'

"Nice idea , this must be some bad joke! Feh , sent the `Chosen One' back in the past!" , you mocked the words. Seeing that nothing happens , you laid the card and the piece of paper in your deck holder and decided to go to bed.

You were awakened in the middle of night by sounds , very loud sounds . You knew your parents weren't home , so who or what was making the sounds? Half asleep , you opened your eyes only to be blinded by a big light.

Around your deck holder swirled an entire rainbow of colors , each in different direction. And inch by inch , a portal started opening behind the colors and in few seconds , you could see the pyramids and the hot desert sun.

"This isn't right…" , you muttered , "Bad dream! Bad dream! Go away!" , but it wouldn't , it just got bigger until the light consumed your room and body , just like on the card. Unconsciousness took over your confused and scared mind making you oblivious to what happened around you.

Mist surrounded you and made it hard to see. You could only make out shadows , there were some plants and trees. You could hear water and …..sobs?

"Is somebody there?" , you ask just above a whisper. No answer , so you went forward. The mist started fading with each step you took and a stream came in view. On the other side of the stream where two shadows. One of them was crying and embracing the other one who was on the ground.

The one sobbing was clearly a girl for she had long (hair color) hair and had a long pale (color) dress on. The fallen one's face was hidden in the girl's neck but you still could see long white hair and a well-build arm hanging lifelessly .

Suddenly , the girl looked straight at you with sad (your eye color) eyes and gently placed the fallen body on the soft grass. She stood up and walked near the shore. She gave a miserable smile and sighed.

"Please , you must not let this happen….please…make him live…..he is not bad , just….misunderstood….please…." , you were at a loss for words. Who was this girl , who was the fallen guy and why did she look just like you.

Millions of questions without answer raced through your head and you started to pity the girl. She seemed to care deeply for the guy……hmm….white long hair….you just couldn't place your finger on it. The guy seemed very familiar….

"Now go! Leave me alone! I have lost the game ….now it is your turn (your name) ….retrieve what I have lost…" , the girl's words frightened you . What was she talking about? What did she mean , but before you could say a word , the darkness took over and the stream disappeared.

You could feel something wet on your aching head and whispers around you. Against your will , your eyes opened slowly and were greeted by many stares.

People were gathered around the bed you were in. A woman with a kind smile that reminded you of Isis took the wet cloth off your head and laid it on a table. Looking through the room you spotted priest Mahado and Mana .Then , Mahado looked at Isis.

"I still say we do not alarm the pharaoh , he has been very stressed in the past few days and the news of a girl not from these lands could stress him even more. I say we wait…"

"I know you are right and I know that Atemu hasn't found Bakura yet , but if we keep the girl's existence a secret , he might be very angry with us for doing so…" , Isis told him in a kind tone, then she looked at you. "My dear girl , please tell us from where you have come and what you are seeking here."

How the heck should you know , first , a big light , then a sobbing girl telling you to save a guy with long white hair and now , this.

"Uhm , I'm sorry to disappoint you but , you see , I have no clue who you are or where I am…" , you muttered the half-lie.

"Oh is that so? Well then , I am priestess Isis , this " , she pointed at Mahado, "is priest Mahado and this…" , but she was interrupted by a sugar-high Mana.

"And I'm Mana , pleased to meat you! You look so kawai! Are you a princess? A sorceress? What's your favorite color? And do you have a duel monster? And..?" , but sadly , Isis shut the girl's mouth before she could ask you if you bite your nails.

"Well , I'm (your name) , no I'm not really a princess , I'm not sure about the sorceress part , my favorite color is (favorite color) and I think I have an entire deck of monsters! Any other questions?" , you smiled.

They looked at you shocked while you looked at them puzzled. Then it hit you , these guys only had one duel monster not 30-40.

`Great shit I got myself into this time! Me and ma big yap!" , you hit yourself mentally.

"Uhm , did you guys find my deck by any chance?" , you ask timidly and Mahado nodded. He handed you your deck holder and stepped backwards.

You examined your deck , yep , every card was still there except `The Chosen One'.

"Could I please look at them?" , asked Isis and you nodded but kept the little piece of paper and (insert favorite duel monster's name) in your right hand. Isis and Mahado examined the cards and were stunned to see so many ancient beasts obey such a young girl.

"Are these really all yours , I mean to they all obey your order?" , Mahado asked and you looked blankly at him. You made a gesture with your hand so that the priest gave you your deck back. Subconsciously you lifted the card over your heart and it shone brightly.

When the light faded , all were stunted , especially you. There , right in front of you stood the Celtic Guardian in all his glory. His sword shining in the light. As he laid eyes upon you , he bowed.

"Mistress what do you wish of me?" , his warm voice making you snap out of your trans.

You were confused, how the heck could this be happening???

"Uhm , nothing thanks . Uhm …ah…bye?" , with a last glance , he vanished with the same light that he had appeared with..

"That was amazing …lets go see Atemu!" , announced Mahado and you were dragged through an immense palace , through hallways with beautiful hieroglyphs and plants, then , you stopped in front of a large door which Mahado opened….

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~

ancient-secret: "Sorry girls for its shortness but I still have other stories to start. Oh , and I'd like you to meet ma best bud , Sw!"

Girl with long , wavy brown hair , green eyes , baggy jeans and orange tank top appears.

Sw: "Hi guys, wazzup?"

ancient-secret: "Well , since it's 02:34 a.m. , I'd say the moon!"

Sw: "I wasn't talking to you, BAKA!"

ancient-secret: "Feh , go kiss 94S!"

Sw: "Don't wanna. You go HOOK UP with your beloved 99B!"

ancient-secret: sticks tongue out "Make me!"

Sw: "Make you?!? There's absolutely no need for that. You'd cross the seven sees after him…"

ancient-secret: "Ok girls , before me and Sw kill each other I'd say , bye-bye!" takes sword out and runs after a giggling Sw

Sw: "Okaaaay, I'd stay longer but as ma best friend's after me…."