Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Catching your breath ❯ Steeling...your heart ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

ancient-secret: "Today's ma birthday and since I have nothing to do and am super happy cause like 206 people read the first chapter , I thought I'd write the next , just hope you're gonna like it." =^-^=

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Steeling …a heart *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"That was amazing …lets go see Atemu!" , announced Mahado and you were dragged through an immense palace , through hallways with beautiful hieroglyphs and plants, then , you stopped in front of a large door which Mahado opened….

Light blinded you for mere seconds and you opened your (eye color) eyes and scanned the room. It was huge , pillars with hieroglyph inscriptions on them were placed on every side and at the far end , was a throne , two guards on each of its sides and on the throne was the pharaoh Atemu in all his glory . He looked bored at first but as his eyes fell upon the four people who had entered , he smiled and stood up , the guards fallowing him.

"You are dismissed!" , ordered Atemu and the guards exited the room , closing the door quietly.

"Pharaoh…" , Mahado bowed , Isis as well and Mana just said `Yo!' , earning her a hit in the head from Mahado.

"Ouch!" , she exclaimed and glared a little at her sensei. You laughed a little , not noticing Atemu staring at you.

"And who might this charming young lady be?" , asked Atemu in a kind voice , making a little blush stain your cheeks.

"This is (your name) milord , and Isis found her in the old temple , unconscious on the floor…" , Mahado said. `So that's were they found me…' , you thought.

"She is most likely from the future but my necklace refuses to tell me anything else. Although we found out she has an entire deck of powerful monsters that fallow her orders…" , Isis said a little sad that her necklace didn't give her any more information.

"So , I guess you could be helpful , how about a duel to test your strength milady?" , Atemu bowed. At first you were skeptic but he WAS the pharaoh and could order your death at any second.

"It would be an honor!" , you chirped and the duel could begin. Atemu had a monster on the field , it seemed weak to you , so you just summoned Darkfire Soldier #2 and attacked the monster , thus sending it to where it belonged , not there! Atemu was a little surprised by the power you could unleash and so , after 10 minutes , 4 of your monsters had been killed and 7 of his.

Mahado , Mana and Isis eyes were as wide as they could get , amazement clearly noticeable in them.

"Lets end this …" , Atemu muttered and called his favorite beast , the Dark Magician.

"I agree…" , you said in a low voice so only he would hear and then , with a smirk , you summoned your favorite monster (favorite monster's name , just make its attack over 2500 or you'll loose ^^)

"What is that?" , Yami said and looked at the beast before him. The beast smirked as well and attacked his monster , the Dark Magician just disappeared and you had won the duel.

"Thanx (favorite monster's name) , you're really cool!" , you chirped and hugged/patted the beast , then it disappeared.

"Tsk , tsk , Atemu , being beat by a stranger …" , an amused voice came from a dark corner , neither of you had noticed Seth enter and were surprised to see him. Atemu chuckled and smiled your way.

"Yes , but by a beautiful stranger." , he winked at you and you smiled , somehow you knew he wasn't falling for you , just respect and a hint of an older brother's behavior. (Man , I love using brother-sister relationships in CYOAs , their fun^^)

"Hn!" was Seth's only replay as he looked at you , then turned and left…

In a dark room , far away from the palace , a shadow was standing in a chair and sharpening his blade. A knock on the door caught his attention and he glared as a clocked person entered.

"What do you want?" , the shadow snapped.

"Forgive my rudeness Bakura , but Luthe has just arrived from the palace…" , the voice stopped and looked at the white-haired man in front of him.

"And why should that concern me?" , Bakura growled and laid the blade on the table near him.

"He has found out new information , it seems that a duelist not from this time and space has been found in the old temple…word has it he (they don't seem to know you're a girl^^) beat the pharaoh…" , the man stopped again , seeing his boss stand up.

"Very well Kenji , I shall return shortly with our new member…" , Bakura smirked and left the room.

"As you wish…" , Kenji muttered and left the room as well.

Back at the palace , the word had spread fast , making Atemu and the other priests worry…

"More then half the palace knows , making it very dangerous for (your name)" , Atemu pointed out as a matter of fact , just as you were about to say it's all right , Tea burst into the room yelling , fallowed by another girl with long blue hair and brown eyes , she looked as if she could strangle Tea any second now.

(WARNING!!! TEA BASHING!!!)

"Oh Atemu , I heard the dreadful news , oh my poor little Atemu , where's the guy , I'll rip his head off!" , Tea was about to hug Atemu , he gave you a `Help me or she'll hug me'-look and made you sigh. Right before Tea could jump on Atemu , you pulled him to the side and Tea fell flat on her face.

"Good work…" , muttered the blue-haired girl with a smile. You just nodded. Before you could say something , Tea jumped up and was about to hit you , luckily , the blue-haired girl stopped her by coming between the two of you and catching her hand.

"Raven , what are you doing , that little b***h tripped me!" , Tea yelled at the girl.

"She just saved Atemu from your death-hug you dimwit!" , Raven yelled making Tea glare at you.

"Fine , I'll deal with her later…now where's the guy that beat `my' pharaoh?" , Tea yelled and looked around. Seth smirked.

"Whoever said my cousin was beat by a guy…" , Seth said and looked at you. Tea fallowed his gaze and her eyes rested on you. As Atemu saw that , he went over to you and placed you protectively behind him , daring Tea to hurt you.

"Feh!" , Tea glared at you and stomped out of the room.

"What's up with her?" , you ask , although knowing the answer already. Atemu and the rest , minus Seth , sighed.

"She just has a crush on Atemu and thinks he actually likes her back…" , Raven sighed again , seeing that Atemu was still protecting you. You noticed that and smiled as you walked towards Raven.

"Could you please show me around here?" , you asked sweetly and she nodded smiling.

"Well , be careful!" , Isis called as the door closed.

When you were certain that there was nobody around , you stopped and looked at Raven with a sly grin. She just gave you a questioning look. You shook your head.

"Oh come on , it's obvious you like him…" , you said just above a whisper so only she could hear. A small blush stained the girl's cheeks as she looked at you. Before she could give you a response , a loud boom came from the throne-room. After exchanging glances , you two ran to see what's going on.

As you opened the doors , you were greeted by the sight of a battle. Well , only Atemu's monster was still standing , the ones of the priests were on the floor , injured. In front of Atemu's monster , there stood a huge beast you recognized as being Bakura's.

`Wait , if the monster's here , then that means…' , before you could think , a blast came your way and Raven had materialized her monster , Silpheed ( attack/1700 defence/700 , he looks pretty cool if you ask me^^), who blocked the attack and disappeared , sending Raven to her knees. Atemu shot her a worried glance but had to keep on fighting.

"Why don't you just quit and give me the guy who beat you!" , a voice said . Its owner being non other then Bakura. Your blood started boiling , why does everybody think a boy had beat Atemu ? Feh!

"Hey you white-haired clown , who said I was a boy!" , you yelled in annoyance and glared at Bakura. He looked taken back by your statement , but then smirked. The smirk on his face made you blush , `Baka , what are you doing , now's not the time to blush , he's the bad guy , the hot bad g…WHAT??? Curse his good looks…' , you sighed .

When you wanted to look at Bakura , he was gone and Atemu's eyes were wide with fear. You didn't have time to question him because you felt an arm rap itself around your waist and pulling you backwards into someone's chest.

"I have what I came here for , I bid you good bye…" , Bakura said , his hot breath on your left cheek , and you disappeared from Atemu's and the other's sight.

When you opened your eyes again , you felt an arm around your shoulders and something moving under you. When you glanced to your right , you held your breath , the arm around you belonged to Bakura and the reason you felt movement under you was because you were riding on a black stallion.

"Mind letting me go home , I have work to do…" , you blurted out , sounding mad , although you didn't mind the well-built arm around your shoulders. Bakura glanced at you shortly and smirked.

" Change your schedule , you're going to be spending some time with me as up now…" , his smirk turned into a grin and he glanced at you again.

"What if I don't want to?" , `Are you crazy , hello? Alone time with one hot bishonen! Are you insane?' , your conscious yelled at you.

"I don't really care what you desire , you're still coming!" , Bakura said and rode quicker.

"You shouldn't handle a girl like that , don't you have any manners , king of thieves?" , you taunted him while fingering your deck and praying he wouldn't notice.

"Well , glad to know my reputation is also feared from where you come from but no , I do not make any exceptions and as you could see , I'm not very fond of manners." , he smirked , not looking at you , thinking he would have shut you up for some time , but no such luck.

"Then I'll teach them to you…" , you muttered with a grin and drew the first card. You were thanking every god you believed in `cause the card you drew was (favorite and strongest monster's name)

Light , pure white light started forming around you and as the light faded , you could admire your beast in all its glory. Bakura didn't flinch.

"If it's a fight you want…" , he sprang off the horse and let you go , "…then it's a fight you'll get!" , you had run behind your beast and smiled at it. Your smile disappeared as you saw Bakura's huge beast and started wishing you would have just held your mouth shut.

Bakura smirked at your expression and ordered his beast to attack , adding just above a whisper `But don't harm the girl'.

The fight was hard but short. Your beast had avoided most of Bakura's attacks , but one accidentally came towards you. Before anyone could do anything , the attack hit its target , creating an explosion.

As the fog started disappearing , everyone's eyes widened…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~

ancient-secret: "Don't you just LOVE cliffies? I know I do!"

Kurama: "That wasn't very nice…"

ancient-secret: *screams and clutches her heart* "Are you trying to kill me? You almost gave me a heart-attack!" *is yelling*

Kurama: *sweat drops* "Sorry…"

ancient-secret: "Where's Yami?"

Kurama: "Blackmailed me into tacking his place here for a few chapters…"

ancient-secret: "Thank Ra , he's gone!" *is dancing victory dance*

Kurama: *sweat drops* "Uhm…good bye!"