Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Catching your breath ❯ Hideout ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

ancient-secret: "Please forgive me for updating so late and for the minor mistakes in the other chapters. The reason I couldn't update is that my computer broke down and when my dad tried to repair it , he found over 3000 viruses on my poor little computer."

Kurama: "That wasn't good…" *reading newspaper*

ancient-secret: "Well at least Yami isn't here to laugh his head off…back to the story!"

~*~* for the first time in my life, I'm answering the reviews^^ *~*~

DeathScythe - sorry you don't like cliffies but I'm happy you liked the chapter^^

shesshomaruluver1723 - happy you liked it

DrakFlareKitsune - then you know how it is, well, happy you repaired it and read the story^^

Rare Huntress - see, I'm updating ^^

Kikari - the first fic? I read several on FanFiction.net, sadly, most were deleted

pingpong - Hey, I'm not evil, well, only to some guys I know…and yeah, I have that card too, but the name works perfectly for the story *shrugs*

tsutsuji - thanx^^

lilonna eternity - I'm updating as quickly as psychopath possible^^;

Kurama13 - be happy, I'm updating

anonomous - hope you didn't hurt yourself while nearly falling off your chair, sorry

Master Duelist Kaori - thanx

Lunatic on da loose ( Izumi Princess of Darkness) - sorry I didn't update soon

inu-sessfan - yup, got that right^^

ShadowRose - thanx^^

DarkBlueKitsune - don't worry, when I start a fic, I try my best to finish it^^

XP-DarkAngel - not really ^^

Black Dragon of Fire - wow, you have a conscience? I want one too!

As for the reviews to chapter one, thanx to: XP-DarkAngel, Izumi Princess Of Darkness, Black Dragon of Fire, Tenshi no Mukando, DarkFlareKitsune, Kurama13 and DemonicAngel98 for reviewing.=^-^=

**Disclaimer: I don't own anything.**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Hideout *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As the fog started disappearing , everyone's eyes widened.

The blast had been blocked. In front of you was a big dark pink duel monsters card. `Negate Attack' had activated itself and thus saved your life. The card disappeared after a few seconds and left everybody stunned.

`Well this is a pleasant surprise…' , Bakura thought as his worried expression turned into a smirk and he began walking toward your shacking form. After a small glance from his master , Bakura's monster disappeared with a slight blur. Your beast staid by your side.

`So close…too close…' , you thought at a loss for words as your mind registered you could have died back there. You tried focusing on the approaching blur , but your vision was quickly blinded by darkness and you fell on the hot desert sand.

"Get out of my way!" , Bakura growled at your beast as it wouldn't let him pass and approach your fallen form. Bakura glared at the loyal monster , his cold eyes hiding a hint of worry and he stepped forward. Your monster got into a fighting position , its weapon drawn and ready to cut the tomb robber in two.

"If you do not let me help her , she will most likely die , now make way!" , Bakura didn't seem to fond of the idea of letting you die , well , not just now. Worry filled the beast's eyes and it seemed lost in thought for a few seconds. Then, it disappeared as well, glancing at you one last time.

"It was about time…" , Bakura muttered and kneeled down next to you. Gently , he lifted you up bridal style and walked toward his horse. At last he would get to his hiding place.

~*~*~* later *~*~*~

You slowly started to open your eyes. You could only remember blurs of what had happened before you lost consciousness and that wasn't pleasant. Your eyes were half-open when you heard a door open and two pairs of feet approaching the bed you were in. Immediately you closed your eyes, pretended to sleep.

"She's still unconscious!", muttered a male voice.

"Leave this to me Kenji, she'll wake up! Go and wait for Luthe, he left a few hours ago and must be arriving soon!", Bakura's voice sent shivers down your spine but you tried not to yelp.

"Fine!", the male named Kenji said and you heard the door shutting. But you still weren't safe, Bakura was most likely right next to you, waiting for you to open your eyes. Someone sat down on the bed you were in.

"You can open your eyes girl, I know you're awake!", the tomb robber's cold voice said to you and you whimpered, but opened your eyes and stood up.

"Well, good morning, sleep well?", Bakura said mocking, you glared.

"I would have slept perfectly if I weren't here, bring me back to Yami and the others!", you demanded and crossed your arms over your chest, still glaring at the thief.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you girl," sarcasm clear in his voice, " but you shall have to get comfortable here for a while, the pharaoh can wait…", a little hurt was hidden behind the cold words, but you didn't notice.

"Let me out of here this instant Bakura!", you growled, it's obvious you detested to be held prisoner, even if it was a hot bishonen holding you captive.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk…you shouldn't talk that way to your captor, it isn't good for your health, girl…", he said somewhat teasingly, you glared again.

"I can talk how I want, to whom I want and when I want! And P.S, my name is not `girl', it's (your name)!", you crossed your arms over your chest and slightly grinned at the thief's stunned expression, it seemed you were the first `girl' to ever give him a piece of her mind.

"Hn!", was all he said before tearing you out of bed and dragging you out the door. He dragged you through what seemed like an endless hallway, you struggling to free yourself and yelling profanities the entire time.

Bakura seemed to ignore you and kept going onward, not bothering to try and silence you.

`What's the thief up too?', was the question you had asked yourself since you left the room. He was seemingly dragging you for the hell of it, not that you doubted he had a certain destination in mind. You stopped with the yells and studied Bakura's movements, maybe you'll find something out. No such luck.

"Are we going somewhere important, or do you enjoy showing your captives the way around, so they wouldn't get lost when they try to escape?", sarcasm filled your words as you spoke them. The thief didn't stop, just kept on going.

"No girl, I'm taking you somewhere specific, don't worry, I enjoy your company as much as you do mine…", he said amused. (A/N: Ouch!)

You kept your mouth shut for the rest of the way, thoughts like `So he really does hate me…' or `Damn bishonen, he must really think I despise him!'. You got sadder and sadder.

"We're here girl!", he announced and stopped in front of a big door with some text carved on the wood it was made of.

`Bet it's a torture chamber…', you thought bitterly. Bakura opened the door and dragged you in. The room was quite big. People with hoods to hide their faces were everywhere. If you didn't know better, you'd thought it was a conference. All heads turned to study you as Bakura dragged you toward the room's middle. He stopped, but didn't let you go.

"Here is the one Luthe told us about, the one who beat the pharaoh himself!", Bakura said and whispers were heard from all around you. Most of the people present were amazed that someone, and a girl at that, beat the pharaoh. The others didn't seem to quite trust what Bakura had just announced and a girl with purple hair stepped forward, removing her hood and looking at you coldly.

"I do not believe a girl could beat the pharaoh, Luthe must have been mistaken!", she said and directed her gaze toward Bakura. The thief was beginning to get mad.

"You might doubt Luthe's word, but I'm amazed you doubt mine as well…fine, Kara!"

"Yes?", the purple-haired girl asked somewhat uneasy.

"Pick your most talented fighter, I shall prove to you what she can do!", Bakura took your hand and proceeded in dragging you out the door again. All the people fallowed and soon you were in a far bigger room, a platform in the middle. Bakura pushed you on it.

"Ouch, be careful…", you growled at the thief and he just grinned.

"Tough luck, now listen up, you will be fighting one of our most skilled assassins, I do hope you and your beast are strong enough…", he looked behind him and saw Kara come forward, a man with long blood-red hair fallowing her.

"I do hope you know what you're doing Bakura…", Kara muttered and shot you a glare, a shiver went down your spine.

"I know exactly what I'm doing, just hope Kurama is strong enough to stand up to her…"(A/N: I was out of ideas and simply had to use Kura-kun, promise you won't kill him!)

"I assure you, I can beat the young lady…", Kurama said in a low voice, still he seemed like the most educated of them all.

"Mind giving me my deck?", you asked Bakura and saw Kara look clueless.

"This?", Bakura asked, taking your deck-holder out of some pocket, you nodded and took the deck out of his hand.

"Thank you!", you said sarcastic and got on the platform, Kurama as well.

"I am sorry if I shall hurt you miss…", he said just above a whisper.

"Cut that `miss'-thing off, ma name is (your name) and I also apologize if I'm going to hurt you…", you both smiled and Kara announced the fight.

`One good monster, just one…', you thought and shuffled your deck, the people around you looked curious at what you were planning to do with those cards. Kara was starting to think you were insane. `Why are these people staring at me like that, it's not like I'm a lunatic on the loose…', you thought bitterly and drew a card. A smile crept on your cheeks.

"If you do not mind (your name)-chan (A/N: Kura-kun is so polite, maybe this will end up another brother-sister relationship…) I'll go first…", Kurama waited your nod and called upon the Summoned Skull. The monster attacked you as soon as it was summoned.

`This better work…', you thought and closed your eyes.

"What the hell? What are you doing girl!", you heard Bakura shout angrily and Kara say something like `I told you so…'

The monster's attack was about to hit its target when again a dark pink card, as big as yourself, caught the attack and sent it back where it came from. The Summoned Skull was only ashes after that.

"That was stunning…", Kara muttered and began retreating. You walked over to Kurama, who had fallen to his knees, and helped him up.

"You fought well!", you chirped and pulled him up, he smiled.

"Not as good as you (your name)-chan.", Bakura stomped toward you furiously.

"What were you thinking girl? You nearly gave me a heart-attack!", he growled.

"Oh Bakura, I didn't know you cared!", you mocked while Kurama watched amused.

"Wh-", Bakura didn't have time to finish because of a big `BOOM'.

"What the? What's the meaning of this?", Bakura demanded and saw Kara run up to you three.

"A monster got out of control during a fight, it seems that the baka (A/N: Now who could this be? *smirks*) couldn't control the dragon he summoned, it's on its way here!", Kara yelled and was about to make a run for it when a growl was heard and a big, green-scaled dragon flew into the room.

`Shit, this isn't good…', you thought frightfully, `better find a card!', you began looking through your deck for any card that might help and forgot that the dragon was flying over your heads.

"Girl, duck!", Bakura cried and you were pulled down by him, a fire ball flying over your heads.

`Need a Ra damn card!' , you thought irritably and were about to give up when a monster card fell from your hand. You quickly picked it up and noticed you were holding the same monster with which you beat Atemu. `Perfect…', you thought and grinned.

"What's so damn funny girl?", Bakura demanded, didn't that guy know you had a name or was he just trying to annoy you.

"This!", you smiled and summoned (favorite monster). Kara and Kurama, who hadn't seen your beast before, were stunned by its apparition. "Attack!", you cried and a fight between your beast and the dragon began.

The room was a battle field, a few bodies crushed by falling parts of the sealing were here and there. The only ones alive in the room were you, Bakura, Kara and Kurama, and of course the two fighting monsters. The dragon sent a blast, your beast managed to dodge, just barely, and got hit in the shoulder.

"Ow!", you yelped and held your shoulder. It was bleeding and hurt like hell.

"Your monster it too weak girl, lets help it out a bit, shall we?", Bakura grinned and summoned his monster. Kurama was too weakened by his resent fight with you to call upon a monster and apparently, Kara couldn't or refused.

`This hurts!!!!', you yelled in your head and held your bleeding shoulder, your eyes were sealed shut because of the pain. A few roars of pain filled the room and the blinded dragon sent its attacks in every corner of what was left of the room.

You were suddenly laying on the ground, almost buried into it and a weight over your back. You did hear a few curses, growls and groans and the weight was lifted off you.

While coughing, you stood up and realized one of the dragon's attack caused a bit of the ceiling to fall and some bits fell right on top of you. Well, actually on top of the person you heard cursing.

When you looked up, you saw Bakura dusting himself off, a few minor cuts on his back. Then it donned on you that he had saved your life.

"Thanks…", you muttered and looked at Bakura. He slightly smiled and then directed an irritated gaze toward his monster.

"Be careful next time, you up there almost got us killed!" , the beats nodded and attacked the dragon again.

"Be careful!", you managed to yell, but it was to late. An attack hit your beast in the back and sent it flying in a wall. Your body also felt like it had been injured and you began sinking toward the ground. A pair of arms caught you before the impact.

"(your name), talk to me, how are you?", Bakura's voice echoed through your ears. You detected a hint of worry in that cold voice and also that it had been the first time your captor had addressed you by your name, not girl.

"I'll live…", you managed to mutter. Relief was clearly seen in the thief's eyes. He didn't let you go, but he did give his beast the order to kill that dragon immediately. Bakura's monster did as told. With one powerful blow, he cut one of the dragon's wings off and sent the creature to the ground. As soon as it had hit the ground, the body vanished with a blur, so did your monster and Bakura's.

"What the heck happened?", a voice called from the door. When you looked up, you saw this really ugly guy looking dumb-folded at the devastated room. Next to him was a shorter guy with black hair and a white start-burst in the middle.

"I'm gone for a few hours and you blow this place up?!", another boy with greased-back black hair showed up and had the same look as the ugly one. Bakura growled. (A/N: Yup, he's still holding you! Lucky girl!)

"Ask that oaf why this happened!"

"Huh?", the boy stared at the oaf, "You did it this time Kuwabara!"

While these guys bickered, you were staring at the three newcomers. Kurama saw that and thought it would be polite to introduce you.

" (your name)-chan, may I introduce you to Kuwabara, Yusuke and Hiei.", he smiled. For some reason, the fact that Kurama smiled his charming smile at you didn't seem to please the tomb robber and he sent a glare Kurama's way.

"I suggest you clean this up if you don't have a death wish…", Bakura growled. He surprised all when, you mostly, when he lifted you up bridal-style and walked out the room with you.

"Did I just see what I think I saw?", Yusuke blinked.

"Yes, and I might add that (your name)-chan beat the pharaoh.", Kurama stated as a matter of fact and got bewildered looks from Kuwabara and Yusuke, even Hiei seemed a bit stunned.

~*~* with you and the hot bishonen *~*~

`What's he doing? I thought he would never help a prisoner…', you thought and looked at the tomb robber. He brought you to your room, put you gently (A/N: you've won his heart already? Damn, you're too frickin' lucky) on your bed and disappeared for a few minutes. He came back with medicine.

"Baka girl, next time be careful where you are when three monsters are fighting over your head…", he muttered.

"I'd prefer there wouldn't be a next time…", you said and rolled your eyes.

"I'll send Kira, Kara's twin, to check on your wounds, afterward girl, go immediately to sleep!", he ordered and went out the door.

"Yeah, yeah, good night to you too…", you muttered loud enough for him to hear.

He had his back turned, that's why you didn't see his smile, not an evil one, he actually looked kind of happy.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~

ancient-secret: *sobbing* "Uhm, how should I say this, well…uhm…I don't trust my computer since it always managed to get a virus and delete most my data, but now one of my Floppy disk got a virus on a friends computer and I lost all the data.

On the disk I had a chapter for this story, one for Childhood friends, one for Frozen Summer and one more for `Let the wind guide you'. So, uhm, now I'm working on writing them again but it's quite hard…and I'm leaving in two days for camp. So, I'm gonna try updating the stories in a week or so. Please don't be mad…"