Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Confidential Pain ❯ I Dream About You All The Time Now ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Notes- It's been a bit since I last updated. Gomen no sai. Busy busy week. Kinda. Actually, I've been mostly sleeping to get out of doing chores around the house. And sleeping to avoid my mom's lecture on `Don't stick safety pins all over your body, it's not good for you.' Fuck. I'll stick safety pins on me wherever and whenever I please. My body. Not hers. The school has liked me going Goth. *big smile* On with the chapter! I hope you like it. It's rather short because there wasn't really much else that has to happen at the moment. It's just like....boom. Yeah. But it's got a VERY important event happening in it. ^.^ Enjoy!!

Confidential Pain

Chapter Four- I Dream About You All The Time Now


Yugi hesitated before contracting his finger around the trigger. His eyes closed and his body trembled violently as he waited for the one swift bullet that would end his suffering.

He felt nothing.

"No…not again…" he half-sobbed in despair as he pulled the trigger once more and heard only an empty click.

"Yugi, wait, before you kill yourself..." Onimo said quietly as he walked over to Yugi with an extended hand and cautiously pulled the gun from his grasp. He laughed slightly as he swung out the cylinder of the revolver.

"There is only one bullet left, Yugi." He stated, twirling the cylinder until the chamber containing the remaining bullet became aligned with the barrel, and pushed the cylinder back in. Yugi's eyes shot open at this statement and his breathing became labored as he reached shakily for the gun.

"Then give it here!" he shouted, making a sudden lunge for it.

"Oh, I'll give it to you. Under one condition though.... just think a minute. Did you really murder them?" Onimo asked, backing away from Yugi, toying with the gun in his hands.

"Of course I did!" Yugi screamed, grabbing at the gun again.

"I said think about it!" Onimo said loudly, his voice becoming shaky as Yugi's grasp narrowly missed the gun. He tucked it close to him and continued retreating from the deranged teenager.

"I don't need to think about it! I just saw it plain as day, I killed them! I pointed the gun and pulled the fucking trigger! There was blood! They're dead! I KILLED THEM!!!!"

"It wasn't you who killed them, fool! Get your damn head straight and just THINK FOR A MINUTE!! You'll remember the truth then!"

"I ALREADY KNOW THE TRUTH! It was you after all who made me remember this! You blamed it on me! YOU CAN'T TAKE THAT BACK!!!"

"Your head is just messed up from all the drugs you've been doing! You can't think straight! NOW LISTEN TO ME!! When-"

"What's wrong with doing drugs?! Drugs...they help me! They help me to forget! Drugs are my life!"

"THAT is where you're wrong!! Drugs are MY life! Don't you get it?!"

"What the fuck are you talking about?!" Yugi screamed at him.

"THE FUCK THAT I'M TALKING ABOUT IS-oh, never mind! The point is that you're not the murderer! Just think back now...picture the scene one more time...was it not uh…Anzu? Wasn't it Anzu who murdered your parents? Dear sweet Anzu is the murderer, not you!" Onimo said desperately.

Yugi's mouth snapped open to reply, but no words came out. He slowly turned his gaze over to Anzu, who was looking at him fearfully.

"Yugi.... are you ok?" She called out to him, trembling from his outburst at the tree in front of him. "I think you should go home..."

"It was you..." He said quietly, rage and pure anger taking control of his body and mind. "YOU KILLED MY PARENTS!!!" he screamed. Before Onimo could react, Yugi had snatched the gun from his grasp pointed the barrel at Anzu, his thumb reaching back to pull the hammer.

"Yugi! What are you doing?!?!? I didn't kill your parents! I don't know what you're talking about!!! Put that thing down! Please Yugi!!" Tears began to stain her face as she scrambled to her feet and pleaded with Yugi to put the gun down, taking quick, fearful steps away from him.

"STOP!! You sound just like my helpless mom...before you killed her! I remember it correctly now..." Yugi grinned wickedly now as he began narrating his reminiscence.

"Yes...My father was beating me. I was screaming...that's when Mom rushed it. She tried saving me, she distracted him. I did try to cut him with the knife, but he got rid of it for me. Then...then you came over!" He took a step closer to her, keeping the aim steady. His mind raced with the new memories that Onimo had conjured up for him. "You...you came waltzing into my house.... you were planning on robbing my house! You had a gun! When you saw my dad hitting my mother, you killed him in one shot, right in the chest! Then you laughed...you said I didn't deserve that kind of lifestyle! And you fucking killed my mom!!"

"Yugi! You're delirious!" Anzu sobbed. "You don't know what you're talking about-I don't know what you're talking about!! Please! Can we just talk about this? I didn't touch your par-"

"OF COURSE YOU DIDN"T TOUCH THEM! YOU JUST BLOODY KILLED THEM WITH THE FUCKIN GUN!!!!"

"I DIDN"T!!! YUGI!! STOP!!!"

Yugi was now standing in front of Anzu; he could feel her frenetic breathing brushing against his face as he forced her head back and thrust the cold barrel of the revolver under her jaw.

"You'll pay in hell, bitch!" He yelled angrily as he pulled the trigger.

Anzu's inhaled sharply in a last, rasping breath before she collapsed to the ground on her knees and fell sideways, her legs buckled under her body in an awkward position. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head, showing only the whites. Blood flowed steadily from her mouth, drenching her lacy white negligee, staining it a crimson red.

"My, my Yugi. Now that surely is murder." Onimo said mockingly.

"It's not murder, Onimo. It's revenge. Let's go." Yugi pocketed the gun and kicked Anzu before turning around and walking toward Onimo.

"Here, Yugi, have some of this."

Without glancing at it, Yugi took the tablet and popped it into his mouth, walking away from the lifeless body with his companion.

About five minutes later (twenty minutes is a bit long to be walking, or at least I think. Change it back if you like) , they stopped in a park and sat down on one of the benches.

"So Yugi. What now? Think they'll trace it to you?"

"Hmm. Don't know, don't care."

"You could get in a lot of trouble."

"Once again, don't care. Jeez, you don't need to test me, the E worked."

A smile tugged at Onimo's lips.

"I guess so."

"So now what?" Yugi asked, leaning his head back to look at the clouds, which had rapidly become a favorite pastime after taking drugs.

"Well...I don't really know."

The two sat in silence as the sky darkened to a deep violet. Yugi became aware of the fact that white snowflakes were falling from the sky.

"Onimo..."

Yugi awaited the other boy's response, but was met with none. He figured he was listening, so went along with his question.

"Onimo, how come I forgot about all of this? Up until I met you, life was...simple. But...how did I live not knowing? I lived everyday not knowing my mom and dad were gone. Somehow I always thought they were there. Now they're both dead, and Anzu's gone too..."

Yugi waited for some response, even criticism.

"Onimo? Onimo? Where'd you go?" Yugi looked around, even under the bench for some reason, but the boy was nowhere to be seen.

"I guess...I guess I really don't have any friends in this world…" he said softly to himself. His only response was the rustling of a bare tree branch and the flight of a solitary bird.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~**~*~*~*~*~*~~*~

Author's Notes- Well, how'd you like it? Please review! I know it was a short chapter. And it's the last chapter you're gonna get for about a week or so. It's spring break!!! Plus my editor is getting tired and wants a break. O.o So...just reread it or something. Or leave anonymous reviews with a diferent name each time several times. ^.^ REVIEW PLEASE!!! *makes cookies*