Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Conflicting Emotions ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:
Kazuki Takahashi owns Yu-Gi-Oh! If I did, then there would be more moments like episode 180- where Yami catches Seto. (Was anyone else just waiting for him to close the distance between them and kiss Seto before he passed out?)
 
“Talking”
`Thought's' in normal POV
Flash Back/ Emphasis
Hikari to Yami
Yami to Hikari
 
 
Chapter Four
Friday evening
 
The ride back was silent, the wind whipping past the two, freezing them to the core. Yami pressed himself closer to the one in front of him, wondering now why he had wanted to take the motorcycle instead of a car. The silence that had descended over the evening allowed him to think, something he didn't want to do exactly at the moment. Words that had been said, he wished hadn't with the talk with his light. How was he supposed to explain that he sought comfort in Seto, and not his own other half? He never understood it, why something of a peace settled in his mind when he was near the brunette.
He supposed it might have to do with their forgotten past, since it seemed to him that the brunette had been his closest friend in that time. True, most of his memories were from his childhood, but something told him that their friendship did not fade as they aged. If anything, their bond had grown stronger over the years they spent together growing up with one another in the palace. Yami just didn't see why he couldn't explain it to his lighter, since he was sure he'd understand.
Shaking his head slightly, the former spirit buried his face in the back of Seto's jacket, pressing his cheek against the leather. He could only hope that once they returned to the mansion the brunette sitting in front of him wouldn't question him on why he hadn't told Yuugi. The blue-eyed teen had seemed to care a great deal about that little fact back at the Game Shop, but would that warrant a talk? Yami hoped that it didn't, since he wouldn't know how to reply quite yet.
 
--- ---
 
Once the front door had been slip shut and locked, Seto turned to the other teen barely a foot away from him. While Yami struggled to take off his boots, the CEO contemplated whether or not to bring up what had been bothering him since they confronted Yuugi. Why hadn't Yami told him? The crimson eyed male seemed to notice the other's eye's on his back, turning to meet his gaze. He could tell by the his look that he was dreading this conversation, at least at the moment. Holding Yami's gaze for a moment longer he then broke away, heading towards the stairs. Seto didn't say anything as he continued up the steps, not wanting to have Yami worry about their conversation and get no sleep because of it. Though, he may get little sleep if /they/ continue to plague him.
 
Yami watched him retreat upstairs to his room, a sigh escaping past his lips. He followed up stairs after a few moments of wondering, unsure of whether or not Seto still wanted to speak with him the next morning. He shook his head; thinking about it wasn't going to do him any good. The former Pharaoh retreated back into his own room, shuffling over to the dresser. He took out a change of clothes before heading into the bathroom. Something told him already that it was going to be a long night…
 
--- ---
 
Footsteps sounded loudly down the halls, echoing off the walls since no others were currently present there as the youth continued to run down them. The sound finally ceased in front of a door, pounding upon it replacing the sound from moments before. A moment later there was silence for but a second before the youth flung himself at the one now before him. A worried look crossed the older one's expression as blue eyes glanced down at the one now clinging to his chest. “Ouji, what is it? What's wrong?” He soothingly rubbed the distraught princes' back, trying to calm him down enough to allow him to speak decently. The younger clung to him tighter, whimpering something incoherent. Sighing, the brunette released the others' hold on him and lifted him into his arms, the prince immediately wrapping his arms around the brunette's neck and burrowing his face in the crook of his neck. He walked over to his bed, sitting down upon it before once again trying to comfort the one in his arms. “Tell me what happened, Ouji.” He murmured quietly, hugging him gently.
“Father he… he's… they said t-hat they c-couldn't do a-anything…” He sobbed quietly, wiping away the tears that continued to streak his sun-kissed cheeks. “I don't want to be Pharaoh, Set, I c-can't be… Not yet…” The royal rested his head on the brunette's shoulder, crimson eyes glazed slightly from un-shed tears. Why had this happened now? The healer's had said it wouldn't be fatal, so why was his father now dead?! Had he done something to upset the Gods? Was that why they had sent Anubis to retrieve his father? He couldn't think of anything that he could have done, since he hadn't even been skipping his lessons. “What did I do, Set? What could I have done to upset the Gods enough for them to take my father from me?” He asked quietly, locking his gaze with the others' eyes.
The priest turned his gaze away, unsure of what to say to the prince that wouldn't upset him further. “I doubt it was your fault, Ouji, you have done nothing that cold have upset the Gods so. Do not blame yourself.” He answered quietly, gaze shifting back to lock with the crimson eyes. His prince was too innocent, always blaming himself for anything that went wrong, thinking he had somehow faulted and not thinking of the fact that it could have been another's doing. Set smiled slightly at the young prince, caressing his cheek gently, “Never blame yourself for something happening, unless you are sure it was your fault.”
“But, why else would they take father?” He asked quietly, confusion showing in the tear-filled gaze. What other reason was there? The priest sighed and hugged the younger, “There are many possibly reasons for that happening, and we may not understand the reasoning now or ever. It is simply how things are, Ouji.” The priest wiped away the fallen tears the boy had missed, smiling at him sadly. The prince kept his gaze locked with Set's for a moment more before hugging him again. “Why do you always know what to say, Set?” He shook his head slightly, “I'm simply older then you.”
“I'm not ready to become Pharaoh. What if I do something wrong and upset the Gods? What if they take someone else?” The boy started to sound panicky near the end, worried that he would loose someone else dear to him. He couldn't bear the thought; what would he do if he lost someone else? “What if they take you from me, Set? What would I do then?” Worry and panic lacing his words as he stared fearfully into the priests blue eyes. The brunette sighed, bumping his forehead against the younger ones, “Nothing will befall me, little one. Do not fret over such thoughts when nothing will come of them except needless worries.” The prince studied his eyes for a moment, looking for any trace of lies or deceit. A smile crossed his lips when he found neither, hugging the priest tightly while he buried his face in the crook of the other's neck. He felt arms encircling his waist again, holding him tightly against the teen. “I will always be by your side, Ouji, I promise you.”
 
--- ---
 
The sun filtered through the curtains, causing crimson eyes to blink open, despite the fact that he wouldn't mind continuing with that memory… True, it wasn't exactly happy, but it wasn't entirely sad either. Considering what his latest had been the day before, this was definitely a good memory. Besides, he got to cuddle with Set… And that was always a good thing. Smiling happily, he snuggled down under the covers, replaying the last few parts of his dream. They had been so close, and if he remembered correctly from the previous night, he had been intimate with his High Priest… A pale pink stained his cheeks at the thought, a few other moments between him and Seto coming to mind. His cheeks turned crimson and he groaned, hiding under the blankets instead.
It was only when he heard a knock on the door that he seemed to gain some control over the heat flushing his features. Yami turned around to look over towards his bedroom door, calling out a `come in' quietly. Crimson eyes watched as the door opened, the reincarnation of his priest entering the room. He took a wild guess that Seto had been up for a while now, since he seemed fully awake.
Blue eyes stared at him for a moment, silence dominating the room briefly before he spoke. “Did you sleep well?” A nod was his reply, accompanied by a half smile or sorts. “It was rather nice near the end… though no part was entirely bad…” Yami sat up and crossed his legs, blankets pooling around his waist and in his lap, revealing the beginning of black sweatpants. His chest though was bare, allowing sapphire eyes to linger for a few seconds before returning to the others eyes. Seto nodded before moving to sit down next to the former pharaoh on the bed, keeping his eyes on him briefly before shifting his gaze to the bed. “We need to talk about last night.”
 
 
--- ---
 
Reviews!
 
Wintersslayer- I have no idea why I decided on not having Yuugi know… Originally he did, but that sorta… died? No clue, thanks for the review though. I love knowing what others think.
Siiarrei- I liked his dream in this chapter, it was happy instead of all sad, dark, and depressing… o.o; Hope you liked the chappy!
FullofYami- I have no intention to kill this story yet. I actually want to continue it! So that's good, lol. Thanks for the review!
MaraJadeKaiba- You thought it good on the first chapter? I still need to re-write that… it's from over a year ago and my writer's-ness is yelling at me to re-write it, lol. Hoped you liked this chapter too!
The Swordsman- The word “update” and “soon” don't see the same sentences when it comes to me, lol. Glad you liked it so far, hope you still do!
Evilmiko21- Thankies! I love having reviews from the authors of other fanficts I read. It allows me to believe I can actually write, lol.
ForestWalker- I don't want to have to write a bazillion chapters to finally get to the friend level- I took the easy way and just started there… As for yaoi… We shall see, since the German twit is no good at writing anything but angst, fluff, and random nonsense… Oo
 
Thankies for the reviews! And hopefully I'll get reviews for this chappy too- and hopefully I'll update faster… Right now it's seven in the morning and I haven't gone to bed yet- coffee is my best-friend right now, as is pocky, lol. So, I am going to go sleep and try to think of where this story is going plot wise, lol. See you all next chapter! Lol.