Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ creeping death ❯ chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Stupid kid 04: *Falls over dead *

Serie: Uhhh . . . are you ok?

Stupid kid 04 . . .

Serie: Ok, that's just weird. I'll write this chapter then!

Stupid kid 04: I'm up, I'm up!!!!!

Serie: Anything you want to say?

Stupid kid 04: Yes I know people I'm mean to Yugi, and I know I'm weird.

Oh ya, and I'm sorry about the delay but I've been writing assassin and all sorts of stuff . . . I really should be studying for mid-terms but I don't care about marks so ya . . . wait a sec! Mid-terms are today!!! I really should have studied. . Oh well I can fail! It's not like it'll be the first time . . .

Disclaimer: You really think someone like me could own something like this?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ryou sighed and looked down at the smaller boy lying on his sofa. Sweat beaded on Yugi's forehead, his fever had risen over the past few hours.

"What's wrong, Ryou?" Bakura had come out of the sennen ring sensing his hikari's distress.

"His fever has risen again, if it keeps this up we'll have to take him to the hospital." Ryou brushed a strand of hair from the fallen boys face. "I knew he was bullied by the people at school, but, from what I saw he didn't have it all that great at home either."

Bakura looked at Ryou. "How long do you think its been going on?"

"I have no clue." Ryou sighed again and walked out of the room, returning with a cold damp washcloth and set it on Yugi's forehead.

Ryou looked up at the clock on the wall. "We should get some sleep."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Yugi's eyes shoot open; a thin layer of cold sweat covered his body. The first thing he noticed was the pounding headache, and the pain that seemed to flow thru his back, chest, legs, everywhere!

The room was dark meaning that it was not yet dawn.

Yugi's eyes widened when taking a look at his surroundings. Where was he?

He lay on a dark couch, a blanket covering his body up to his shoulders. He looked to his left and saw a coffee table and a large screen T.V. A loveseat against the opposing wall and a laz-e boi chair in the corner.

What had happened . . .? Oh yes. His foster father, Steven had happened. This time hadn't been as bad as last year in the summer. He shuddered. Four years ago on the 20th of December, yesterday, had been the first time Steven had . . . He'd rather not think about it.

A light clicked on in the doorway to his left, not long after that annoying grounding sound of a coffee pot started up.

Yugi slowly sat up, wincing as he moved himself into a sitting position on the couch. He put a small amount of pressure on his legs, testing to see if they would give out on him, nope. He stood; the room swirled in a vortex of colors. Yugi shut his eyes for a few seconds before opening them and proceeding to take three shaky steps in the direction of what he was sure was the kitchen.

Yugi did a double take on what he saw once he got to the entrance to the kitchen. Two Ryou's. Were his eyes crossed or something cuz it sure looked like Ryou was talking to himself . . .

When his vision blurred Yugi was quick to support his weary body against the doorway, almost falling forward anyway.

The action drew Ryou and his look-alike's attention to the small boy who was now breathing heavily and looked about ready to pass out any second.

Ryou quickly rushed to Yugi and led him to a seat around the kitchen table, careful not to come in contact with any of his injuries. "You really shouldn't be up!"

Yugi looked up warily, he didn't need to be told that . . . but . . . he'd been through worst and would live. "I'm ok." Yugi's voice cracked, he needed a glass of water.

"From what I can see you're far from fine, little one." Yugi looked over at the other Ryou and glared.

"I'm not little!" He tried to cross his arms but only managed to re-open and widen his wounds. "Ahhh!!!" He hissed in pain, drawing back and stiffening. "That hurt." The comment was silent yet loud enough to be heard. After a few seconds Yugi recovered and looked back to the Ryou who had called him Small of all things! Yugi was always in denial about that little aspect. "Who are you?" Bakura smirked and wrapped an arm around his light haired hikari.

"This, little one is Ryou. Who you already know. And I am the one and only Bakura!" Bakura stuck his nose so high in the air he didn't notice the confused look on Yugi face.

"Bakura? As in Ryou's last name?"

"No you fool! The greatest tomb robber in Egypt's history!!" Yugi quirked an eyebrow then quickly put it back as he had re-opened a cut on it.

"Tomb robber? How old are you? 30? 40?"

"What?!?!" Bakura took offence. "Do I look 30 or even 40 to you?!"

"Well with all that gray-" Yugi slumped forward in his seat having used all his energy arguing with Bakura.

Ryou was at Yugi's side instantly, holing him in place so he wouldn't fall out of the chair and hurt himself any further. After checking to make sure Yugi was ok Ryou spoke to his other. "Could you move him back to the couch?"

Bakura, who was still steaming, only `humphed' and turned his head away. "Why should I?"

Ryou sighed. "Bakura, just do it! I'm getting a headache." Ryou mumbled the last half.

"Fine."

~*~

I know it was really short but I have been working on about three other fics at the same time and I'm getting ready to post them . . . so if ya want me to continue this one just review and I will!!