Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ creeping death ❯ back to the house ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok people,

This is not an update but I'd just like to tell all ya that I've been banned from the computer . . . parents found out about my mid-term marks. Oh well. I'm gonna reply and give you half of what would have been a chapter.

Hope: Ya, they do go good together don't they?

Sincere Angel: Ya, I love Yugi Bakura pairings . . . just haven't seen much of em'.

Yami me: Sorry, I'm pure Yaoi!!!

Kita: What I just said goes for here to.

Maliklovers: Ya, that would be nice.

Sakura-chan: Begging huh? Well we'll se what everyone else wants!!!

Jadesaber: Well that works . . .

Blossumshreeek: It wouldn't have taken this long but you have no clue how busy I've been!! You were close on the age thing!!! I'm 13, oh well.

Liara SaDiablo: Ok thanx for reviewing!!!

Eeyaatoe: Yes, Steven will die a slow painful death!!! But not before hurting Yugi some more!!! Ya, luckily my parents haven't read it . . . I'm not supposed to swear either!!!

~*~

Yugi's body shuddered in a restless sleep. There would be no peace for him, not tonight anyway. From the out side you would think it was just another nightmare of horrible beasts tormenting a child, but Yugi was not so fortunate. When most children or even adults woke from a nightmare they would take a few minutes to shake it off then be happy again, for Yugi he couldn't just `shake' it off. No, he was forced to remember what his father had done to him, relive the pain.

Yugi couldn't decipher which was worse, his dreams or the real world. Sometimes he just didn't know.

Ryou and Bakura stood over the distressed teen. It had been a week since they had taken him in and he'd improved greatly. Even though they were worried about Yugi's appetite, they could understand why he didn't eat much; his father had probably gone with out feeding him for quite some time . . . The way his ribs showed were enough proof of that. They started to slowly work on getting him used to eating again by giving Yugi mostly broth or crackers, and then went on to harder to digest foods.

Yugi's foster father Steven hadn't gone looking for him from what they knew. The school didn't even look for him; Steven must have called in not wanting to be caught . . . Who would?

Ryou and Bakura hadn't told Yugi of their true relation as of yet, as far as he knew they were brothers.

Yugi's eyes shot around wildly behind his eyelids before he shot up then just as fast lay back down. He may have been mostly healed but he was still quite bruised up.

For what must have been the one-thousandth time Yugi's mind went to the puzzle that still lay in his room. For some reason he couldn't keep his mind off of it.

After days of deciding Yugi came to a conclusion, he was going to go back and retrieve the puzzle no matter what Ryou and Bakura said.

~*~

"No! We will not allow you to go back there!" Bakura's face was red and he was short of breath from yelling at the smaller teen. The argument had been going on for the better part of an hour. So far the whole thing had been one sided but Yugi refused to give up.

"Please Bakura! Just for a few minutes! I'll be careful!"

"I said no! You're not going back in the accursed house!" Bakura folded his arms over his chest and glared down at the little one. Ryou sat back on the couch watching the whole thing in amusement, he'd already had a go at trying to stop Yugi, he'd lost.

"Aww, come on Bakura!! I just want to go in and grab one little thing!"

"What in that whole place can be so important to you that you are willing to risk your life for it?!" Bakura uncrossed his arms and plopped down next to his hikari.

Yugi looked at the floor. "It was a gift from my grandfather. I g-got it just before he passed away . . . it's all I have left! Please let me get it! I'll do anything!!" Yugi bowed his head, it wasn't fair! All he wanted to do was grab the one little thing that meant so very much to him!

"Fine."

Yugi head shot up. "What?"

Bakura glared. "Do I have to repeat myself?!" Yugi cringed. Usually when he was yelled at it meant a beating.

"No sir." Bakura and Ryou exchanged confused glances, why had Yugi just addressed Bakura as `sir'?! He must have had to call his foster father that . . .

"When do you want to go?"

"Tonight?" Yugi looked up with hope shinning in his violet eyes.

"Fine."

~*~

Yugi and the other two stood on the sidewalk in front of Yugi's house, Yugi was hiding slightly behind Bakura in fear of the man who resided within. About now was when Ryou was wondering why they hadn't reported the man to the authorities. (Stupid kid 04: I was wonderin' that myself . . .)

Bakura set a hand down on Yugi's shoulder and turned him to face him. "Are you sure you want to do this now? We could come back later." (Darn . . . what am I doing to poor Bakura!? I made him nice! Oh well . . .)

Yugi let a sigh escape his slightly parted lips. "Yes, I'm sure."

"Ok then. Lets go."

"NO!" Bakura and Ryou jumped at Yugi's out burst.

"What?"

"No, I'm going alone." Bakura's eyes widened, why would Yugi want to do that?

Before Bakura could answer Ryou was already speaking. "What do you mean Yugi? I'm sure it would be much easier on us all if we went with you!"

"No. I don't want you two to get caught!"

"But what if you get caught again?!" Ryou tried to reason.

"That doesn't matter-!"

"What are you talking about?! Of course it matters!! Your life matters!!" Ryou was yelling now, he didn't do that often.

Yugi let out his breath. "If I'm not back in ten minutes then come in."

"Five."

"Ten."

"Five!"

"Ten!!"

"Five and that's final!!!"

"Your not my father!! You can't make me do anything!!!" Bakura and Ryou backed off, it was true but they couldn't let any more harm come to the small boy!!! And what did he mean by `Your not my father' From what Yugi had told them his father and mother put him up for adoption because they couldn't care for a child!

Yugi took a long calming breath. "Eight minutes, ok?" Well it was some where in between five and ten . . .

"Fine, but not a second longer! And if I hear any suspicious noises we're coming in!" Yugi nodded and headed to the house.

Bakura watched as Yugi walked up to a basement window, peaked in then kicked it open and climbed in. As Ryou and Bakura watched their newly found friend go out of sight into the building they couldn't haelp but feel guilty about not going with him.

Bakura and Ryou waited outside of the house for the first few minutes in silence until Ryou spoke up.

"Do you think he's fine?" Ryou looked over at his counter part.

"I haven't heard anything yet . . ."

"That doesn't mean he isn't hurt!" Ryou turned to face Bakura.

"If he's not out in three minutes I'm going in! The man couldn't have done much by then and I'm sure he would have yelled or something."

"Ya but-!" An ear-piercing scream cut the silver haired boy from continuing to argument.

"That was Yugi!" Bakura and Ryou rushed towards the house.

~*~

Ok, I know it was short but I'll make it up to you! Yami will appear next chapter!

See ya!!

~*~