Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Day Break ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Day Break

 

Chapter Six:

 

 

“I had a wife once,” he spoke softly, looking into her eyes. She swallowed and returned his gaze.

“Really?” she asked, playing dumb so he wouldn’t know she found out from someone at work. He nodded and looked back out the window. “Can you tell me about her?” she asked with caution. He glanced over at her and shook his head no. She let out a small sigh and he pointed out the restaurant. The limo came to stop and the driver got out and opened the door for them. She slid out behind Kaiba and smiled when he offered her his hand. She smoothed the wrinkles out of her dress and shifted her purse to her other shoulder.

--

Their dinner was a quiet one; regardless of the looks everyone kept giving them when they walked through the door. No one had seen Kaiba outside the house with a woman before and it was starting to tick her off slightly.

She ate her food slowly and politely like a young lady would and glanced up at Kaiba. He caught her eyes and gave her a smile.

“Is the food to your liking?” he asked politely, taking a sip of the wine he ordered. She nodded and finished off her food. She could feel him watching her and she took a drink of her wine.

“Thank you for inviting me but if I may ask, why did you?” her palms were damp with sweat and she could barely make the words form. Kaiba looked into her eyes and didn’t pull them away like any other time. She could feel her heart pounding but she wanted to know why.

“I just wanted… Wanted to get to know you better!” Kaiba said, refraining himself from hitting the table from his frustration. She stared at him, her mouth hanging open slightly. She quickly swallowed and turned her eyes down, feeling her face heat up.

“Isis, it’s true. I couldn’t stop thinking about you all day. I know we just met not too long ago but there’s something special about you. I don’t want to let another special woman go again.” the look in Kaiba’s eyes told her that he wasn’t lying.

“O…Okay,” she stuttered, feeling herself blush even more. She heard Kaiba chuckle and his chair scrapping the floor. Then she saw his hand by her cheek and she looked up at him.

“Come on, let’s go,” he said quietly, staring down at her. She nodded and took his hand gently and stood up as well.

------

They pulled in front of Kaiba’s mansion and she gasped. He laughed and pulled her closer to his warm side. She snuggled close and glanced up at this man.

‘Everyone says he’s cold hearted and doesn’t know how to love.. But this man sitting beside me.. Is he the same?’ she thought as Kaiba opened the door and helped her out. She smiled at him and allowed him to lead her to the front door. As he opened the door, she stopped and fiddled with her purse before speaking hurriedly.

“Do you want me to say or go home?” Kaiba stared at her and smiled widely.

“Of course I want you to stay!” he watched her expression and hurriedly spoke again. “If you want to, that is.” she smiled wide and stepped beside him.

“Of course I’d like to stay.”

------