Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Day Break ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Day Break

 

Chapter Five:

 

 

 

Kaiba walked into the dark mansion later that night, weary and in a very sour mood. He was glad that he had allowed Mokuba to stay the night over at a friends and he was glad that he took the maids to take the day off as well. He slipped off his shoes and shut the door behind him. He let out a long sigh and looked up at the stairs.

‘Rose, my baby, Courtney..’ he thought sadly, looking away from the stairs. He could still remember Rose’s pleading voice when she was taken from him. He tried to shake it out of his mind but it was hard. He flipped on one of the dimmer lights and slipped upstairs. His socked feet made no noise against the carpet and he let out another long sigh.

 

-

He stopped outside Yami’s door and realized that he had gone back to America to see Yugi. He sighed and hit his head against the door, feeling himself wanting to break down and cry again. He slid down the length of the door and felt the tears streaming down his face. He hit the door with his fist and he felt a sudden pain shoot up through his arm.

“Rose…” he whispered once again, his body shaking.

-------

-Isis-

She stared out her window. The night was falling slowly and she was bored to death. “I’ve done all the chores, there’s absolutely nothing to do now!” she said, throwing her hands high in the air. She was just getting ready to sit down in her cozy chair when the phone rang. She got up, stepped over Bozo, and picked it up.

“Hello, Isis’s house. Who is this?” she said.

“Hello, Isis, this is Kaiba..” Kaiba cleared his throat and continued. “I was wondering if you might join me for a dinner.” her mouth dropped open and she took a few seconds to say something.

“Uh sure!” she said nearly a minute later. She heard him say when and where and asked where she lived so he could pick her up. “Oh, I live at 182 Parker Drive.” she said, suddenly becoming very formal again. She heard him say goodbye and she heard the dial tone. She hung up the phone and thought back to what another employee had told her earlier that day.

‘Kaiba was married once. A few years back. Everyone was pretty surprised when they found out. He married a woman he hired about five years back. Everyone was noticing that he was acting more warmer than usual and when we got the invites, everyone was defiantly surprised.

About a year after they got married, they had a child. But after the child was born, about six months after, both mother and child disappeared. No one knows what happened and Kaiba hasn’t spoken about it for a long time.’

She bit her lower lip and frowned, there’s nothing wrong with going to dinner. She looked at her clock next to the phone and saw she only had about ten minutes to get changed. She hurried into her room and pawed around her closet for a good few minutes before finding a nice little sun dress. The dress was a black with pink flowers and it had little beaded straps. She stripped down, found a clean pair of undergarments and slid into the silky dress. She slipped her small feet into a pair of black sandals and heard the doorbell ring. She nearly ran down the stairs and answered the door, slightly breathless.

“Hello, Kaiba.” she said sweetly, batting her eyelashes at him. He nodded and she stepped aside. “Come inside. I’ve still got to get my purse.” he nodded and came inside and shut the door behind him. She hurried and grabbed her purse off of the hallway stand.

“Ready?” he asked, holding out his arm to her. She nodded and took it and they left her house. He glanced over at her and gave her a smile. She smiled back at him and gasped at the limo before the two of them. He chuckled and the driver opened the door for them. She smiled as he helped her get in first and slid in beside her.

“It’s dinner time for us.” Kaiba said, giving her a look of pure joy. She nodded and looked out the window as they pulled away from the curb. She smiled again and saw Kaiba watching her. A blush crept over her high cheekbones and she gave a small laugh.

“I had a wife once,” he spoke softly, looking into her eyes.

--------------------------------