Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Day Break ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Day Break

 

Chapter Four:

 

 

The morning came all too fast for the two. Kaiba was sprawled out across his bed, his towel barely covering his lower body when his alarm rang shrilly. He grabbed his pillow and slammed it over his head and groaned as the clock continued its assault. He reached over again and slammed the alarm off and rolled over onto his back. He knew he had to get up soon for he still had to meet Isis at the office and give her her directions to what she has to do each morning. He sighed and opened his dark eyes and licked his dry lips.

He heard the pounding of feet against the carpet and he knew Mokuba was up and was about to come into his room. He sat up just as Mokuba opened up his bedroom door.

“Time to get up…” Mokuba froze, staring at Kaiba. Kaiba sighed and shook his head,

“Run along runt. I’m still tired and the sunlight hurts my eyes right now.” he arranged the towel a bit better to where it covered him a bit more and Mokuba nodded, hurriedly shutting the door behind him. He chuckled at his brother’s reaction and swung his legs over the side of the bed. the towel slid all the way off and onto the floor and Kaiba didn’t pick it up. He stretched his lazy muscles and walked towards his closet. He gathered a good suit and put it on rather quickly.

----

-10am in the morning-

 

‘She’s not going to make it in time.’ Kaiba thought as he glanced over at the clock. His clock read 9:59am and he was wondering if she had set him up. He was tapping his fingers against the slick wooden surface of his desk and was beginning to get mad when she came flying through the door.

“I’m sorry!” she said, brushing back her hair into a high ponytail, still panting from her run. Kaiba almost sighed out loud but he stood up and gave her a forced smile.

“Well, please don’t be late again without calling in to tell me.” he said sternly. She nodded and folded her hands over her skirt. “Alright, let’s go. Follow me,” Kaiba said, brushing past her and he felt a blush crept up on his cheeks.

‘Cannot get distracted. Must focus on work!’ he screamed in his mind as he showed her around and what her duties were there at Kaiba Corps. He could feel her next to him and it made him a little more excited than he wanted to be.

By time the tour was over and she was happily doing her duties, he had put back his icy face and frowned at every person that came his way. He knew he was being a jackass but he didn’t really feel like being very nice for today.

As the last person in his office left, he stood up and turned around to look out his large window. He didn’t hear her slip into his office until she cleared her throat.

“Um.. Mr. Kaiba, I’m done now. Is there anything else you need?” she asked rather quietly, shuffling on her feet. He spun around, his heart pounding, his face a beat red. She chuckled and gave him a wide smile. He coughed, smoothed out his shirt and looked at her.

“No, Ms. Isis, there is nothing I need you to do for me right now. You may go home now.” he said quickly, turning away from her again. He heard her chuckle and he turned around and saw her smiling wide. She bowed low, mumbled her thanks and hurried out of his office. He heard the door click and he fell backwards into his chair.

“Rose..” he whispered again, this time putting his head in his hands. Then he raised his head and looked at a photograph that sat on his desk. The photo he glanced at had a young woman with long flowing blonde hair with sea green eyes and she held up a tiny baby. The baby had dark hair like him and one dark eye and a blue eye, too. He gave a sob and put the picture down so it wouldn’t fall to the floor. Tears formed in the corner of his eyes and he squeezed his eyes shut.

“My precious Rose! My baby girl!” he cried out, tears slipping down his face and onto the polished wood.

----------------------------------------------------