Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Day Break ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Day Break

 

 

Chapter Three:

 

Tears continued to fall down Kaiba’s face and he couldn’t stop them. He felt the sobs choke up in his throat and he tried to bite them back. He closed his eyes and allowed the tears to fall faster down his pale cheeks. His breath came uneven and he struggled to not cry out again. His fingers continued to rest on his chest and he could feel himself heaving for air.

“Rose,” he whispered again, this time falling backwards on the bed. He opened his eyes and blinked away most of the sudden tears. He was still panting but he had his breath under control almost all the way. He then sat back up and looked towards his bathroom door. He stood back up and quickly made his way to his bathroom.

‘Maybe a cool bath would calm my nerves.’ he thought as he flipped on the light and started to draw his water. After a few minutes, his water was ready and he stripped down out of his clothes. He had slipped into the water and had just rested his head against the tile when a knock came.

“Who is it?” Kaiba nearly yelled, sitting straight up in the water. A shuffling of feet and the door pushed open. Once again, Yami stood there, clothed in his nightclothes.

“Yugi suggested while I was talking to him that you try this.” Yami held a small bottle in his hands. Kaiba sighed and leaned back and closed his eyes. He heard Yami near his side and put down the bottle.

“Would you like another shoulder rub?” he asked quietly, placing his hands on Kaiba’s shoulders. Kaiba nodded and felt Yami’s cool hands beginning to sooth the pain away again.

“Thank you,” Kaiba murmured, purring slightly. Yami only nodded and stood back up and shuffled out of the room. The door clicked behind him and Kaiba relaxed even more.

An hour had passed before he finally stood up and got out of the bath. Kaiba grabbed a soft white towel that Yami had left and wrapped it around his waist. He dried off with another towel and shut off the light and went back into his room. Once again the darkness was a soothing sight for Kaiba’s sore eyes.

 

 

-Isis’s Home-

 

The darkness is a welcoming sight for many. But for some, it’s a frightening time. I am one of those people. At an young age, after being attacked in the park after dark I cannot stand walking in it anymore.

Isis put down her diary and stood up and stretched. Her cat, Bozo, jumped up and rubbed himself against her leg and let out a loud rumble of a purr. She laughed and bent down to pick up the fat cat. She rubbed her chin against the tabby’s grey head and sat him back down again. She walked slowly over to her window and pushed aside the dark curtains. Her dark eyes blinked back at her and she let the curtain fall back into place. Her heart was pounding rather fast and she knew she was panting.

“It’s just my imagination, right, Bozo?” she asked her cat, staring into his silver eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------ -----