Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Day Break ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Day Break

 

Chapter Two:

-------------------------

Mokuba watched as his older brother placed the food out on their large table. His older brother had a look of pure disgust on his face and Mokuba was afraid to ask what was wrong. He put down two plates, two pairs of forks and spoons and sat down at one end of the table. Kaiba sat down as well and took a bowl full of potatoes and began to spoon some onto his plate. Mokuba grabbed a bowl full of peas and spooned a few onto his plate.

“Put a bit more onto your plate,” Kaiba said, not even looking up and taking a bite of his own food. Mokuba frowned but spooned a bit more on the plate. “Stop frowning, Mokuba. The peas are healthy for you.” Kaiba said again, this time glancing up at his little brother.

“How was work today?” Mokuba asked, trying to make conversation. Kaiba laughed and sat down his glass he was drinking out of.

“I met an interesting young lady today. She came in and applied for a job at the Corp.” Kaiba didn’t go any further and he caught Mokuba’s gaze.

“A woman?” Mokuba gasped, trying hard to not laugh and close his mouth at the same time.

“Close your mouth, it’s disrespectful.” Kaiba reprimanded.

“What was her name?” Mokuba asked, shutting his mouth.

“Isis.” Kaiba replied back, taking a drink of his wine. He saw his young brother gasp again and he had the sudden urge to slap him on the back of his hand. He watched as Mokuba took a drink as well and sat down his cup noisily.

“Ugh, be slightly quieter tonight. My head is pounding rather hard.” Kaiba said rather too sharply. Mokuba nodded and continued to eat.

“Where’s she from?” curious Mokuba couldn’t stay quiet any longer. Kaiba gave a snort and shook his head.

“She came from America. She used to work at Y&Y Corps.” Kaiba shook his head again and rubbed his throbbing temples.

‘She used to work at Y&Y. Yugi and Yami recommended her for my company. Which means she’s really good.’ Kaiba thought, suddenly getting a shiver up his spine. He tapped his fingers against the table and pushed his chair back. Several servants ran over to his side and he pushed past them, only saying to clean up the mess on the table. He was deep in thought about this girl. Isis, her name kept ringing his mind. He went upstairs to his room, passing his private office and Mokuba’s own room. It became darker down the long hallway as he neared the end of it. He stopped just two rooms away from his and pressed his ear against the door. He could hear Yami talking to his lover, Yugi. Both had come to him a year ago when they were running from a man who was threatening to kill them both. He had put the two of them up in his house and about six months later, Yugi founded Y&Y, a card game company, just like his. Except there was a few differences in their companies, Y&Y not only produced a card game but they shipped Kaiba’s own products out as well. His company only produced a card game and had a hard time finding a shipping company until Y&Y came along.

He could hear the lovers talking back and forth on the phone so he decided against disturbing them. He went on down the hallway and slipped into his room and shut the door behind him. It instantly became dark and it seemed to sooth his pounding head. He made his way slowly to his bed and flopped down on it. A minute later, he heard a knock at his door.

“Who is it?” he called out a little gruffly.

“It’s Yami, Kaiba.” Yami said, opening the door slightly.

“Hurry up and get in here and shut that damn door behind you!” Yami shut the door behind him and made his way to Kaiba’s side in the dark. He found the bed and sat down next to Kaiba.

“Something wrong?” Yami asked, lying all the way down on the bed. Kaiba sighed and rolled over.

“Yeah.” he didn’t say much else.

“Sit up for a minute, Kaiba.” Yami said in a commanding voice. Kaiba sighed up sat up like he was asked to. Yami reached out and slowly began to massage Kaiba’s tense shoulders. Kaiba sighed and relaxed as Yami continued his soft touches.

“You are really tense, Kaiba.” Yami remarked, sliding his fingers under Kaiba’s loose shirt. Kaiba could only mumble a ‘yeah’ and closed his dark eyes. Yami slid his hands even farther down Kaiba’s shirt and slowly caressed the soft skin on Kaiba’s shoulders.

“I must go now,” Yami said quietly, suddenly stopping and standing up. Kaiba’s eyes flew open and he could only whimper as Yami left the room. Once the door was shut all the way, Kaiba stood up and stretched his lazy muscles. Then he undid his shirt and let it roll off his shoulders and fall onto the ground. His fingers gently ran down his chest and he felt a moan bubble in his throat.

“Rose…” he whispered, tears sliding down his cheeks.