Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Decisions ❯ Bakura ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Hi again! I hope you like the first chapter!! I'm trying to update as soon as I can, but school's starting soon, so my updates might get a little slower. Hopefully they won't, though.

I only got one review for the first chapter, but I appreciate it just the same!

Seren147 -- Thanks for the review! -gives you a sparkly Malik plushie-

Disclaimer: Do you really think anyone that post fanfics here actually owns Yu-Gi-Oh? I also don't own the name Kurogane. He's from TSUBASA RESERVior CHRoNiCLE and CLAMP owns that.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Decisions:
Chapter 2 - Bakura


It was almost midnight when Ryou and his father finally arrived in town.

"Where are we, Dad?" Ryou inquired.

"Oh, you're awake?" He started. "We're in Hyirunu." (AN: I don't own Hyirunu. It belongs on Xavyeq. And Xavyeq belongs to the magical Lord Taome, so don't steal!)

"Hmm.. I've never heard of it."

Ryou's father (AN: I don't know his name.. Maybe I should make something up.. How about.. Kurogane? I like that one, now back to the story!) drove them to their new house and stopped the car. (AN: Weren't they in a truck? .. oh well.. same difference, a truck's a car to me..)

"We'll bring our boxes inside tomorrow. They should be safe out here for tonight. All we need for now are a couple of matresses and some blankets." Kurogane got out and went to the back of the truck to get them. Ryou followed close behind.

"Do you need any help?" He asked. His father shook his head,

"I can handle these. But maybe you can go open the door for me. Here's the key." He handed his son a key and watched him go to the front door and unlock it. Being sure it was the right key, he picked up the blankets and matresses and followed Ryou inside the house.

----------------------------------

Over the next few weeks, Ryou and Kurogane got moved in to their new house. It was small, but was big enough for two people to live in with a lot of room. When they were pretty much all settled into their house, Kurogane decided that Ryou needed to start going to school again. He had already missed almost a month of it, and he wasn't sure if his son could afford to miss much more.

He chose a school that was close to their house, so Ryou could walk there in the morning and back home in the afternoon.

"What's it called?" Asked Ryou, curious as to what kind of school he was gonna be going to.

"It's called 'Baka Neko Middle School'" Kurogane replied. (AN: Remember, in this story, Ryou's a little younger than he is in the manga and anime. So, that's why he's in middle school and not secondary school.) Ryou tilted his head slightly.

"What a strange name. Are you sure that's what it's called?" Ryou asked. He wasn't entirely sure that his father was telling the truth.

"I'm sure. I know it's wierd.. I mean, I've never heard of a 'middle school' either, but that's what they seem to call it here." He shrugged. Ryou sweatdropped,

"That's not what I meant, Dad. What I meant was, who would name a school 'baka neko'?"

"Oh.. Anou.. Don't ask your father such difficult questions! I'm not a genious, you know!"

"Then why do you say you are?"

"I never say that."

"Yes, you do. You said it yesterday. And every day that I can remember."

"No, I didn't."

"Yes, you did."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Don't argue with your father."

"Hah! I win, you gave up!"

"Did not."

"Did too."

And so the childish argueing continued through most of the night, until Kurogane got tired and gave up again.

-----------------------------------

On Ryou's first day of school at Baka Neko, he was supposed to come early so he could get a tour of the school. The vice principal showed him around and showed him where some of his classes would be. When the bell finally rang, she showed him where his first class would be and introduced him to two students she thought would be suitable to help him get used to the school and answer any questions he had.

"Hi. My name's Anzu Mazaki." Said one of the two. She had shoulder-length brown hair and cerulean(sp?) eyes. She was a little taller than Ryou, but it was probably because she was wearing shoes that would make anyone at least two inches taller and she seemed a little too cheery if you were to ask Ryou. But you aren't so back to the story. "What's your name?" She asked.

"It's Ryou Bakura." He replied, bowing slightly.

"Your last name's Bakura? That's the first name of someone in our class." Said the second girl. She had long blonde hair and violet eyes and was a little taller than Anzu.

"Really? That's a little strange." Ryou said, looking up at the blonde.

"Yeah. Oh, I'm Mai Kujaku by the way." She smiled. "The teacher's usually late, so we have a little time before class starts."

"Oh, okay." Ryou smiled back. "Anou.. Where am I supposed to sit?"

"Oh.. I hadn't thought of that." Mai replied.

"There's a spot!" Anzu exclaimed. Ryou got the feeling he wasn't going to like her very much.

"Where?" Asked Mai.

"Over there, beside Bakura!"

"Oh, yeah. You don't mind sitting beside him, do you?" The taller girl asked Ryou.

"No, I don't mind at all, Kujaku-san" He replied. She shook her head.

"Don't be so formal. Call me Mai." She smiled and Ryou nodded.

"Okay."

The teacher walked into the class and told everyone to sit down, so Ryou went over to where Bakura was sitting.

"Do you mind if I sit beside you?" He asked politely. He noticed that the boy's hair was similar to his own, but it was more spiky. When the boy turned to look at him he noticed that his eyes were alot like his own too.

"I don't mind." He replied and watched as Ryou sat down. Ryou smiled at the other boy,

"Ohayou Gozaimasu. I'm Ryou Bakura." Bakura tilted his head all cute-like in confusion, it was a little wierd that Ryou's last name was the same as his own first name, but he quickly shook his head and introduced himself, (AN: anou.. I guess I can make up Bakura's last name, right?.. I mean, I don't know of the spirit of the ring Bakura, having a last name.. well, this is an AU story, so I guess it's all right to change things, anyway..)

"I'm Bakura Kamekichi." (AN: If any of you watches Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon Live Action, you'll know where that's from! And, no, I don't own Sailormoon live action either.) He replied, smiling slightly.

The teacher started the lesson, but Ryou wasn't listening. He had took out paper and a pencil and started to draw. He had been drawing for a few years and had gotten quite good at it.

"Hey, what're you doing?" Bakura asked, leaning over to see what it was.

"Hm? Oh, I'm drawing Naruto." (AN: I don't own Naruto.) Ryou replied, smiling.

"Can I see it?"

"Sure." He handed the drawing to Bakura, who looked it over.

"It's pretty good. How long have you been drawing for?" Bakura asked. Ryou wondered why the teacher hadn't cared that he wasn't paying any attention to her but answered anyway,

"A few years. Anou.. why doesn't the teacher care that I'm not listening to her?"

"Heh, she probably thinks you're asking me questions about the school or something." Bakura smirked. "She really is an idiot."

"You shouldn't say that about your teacher. I mean, she must know -something- if she can talk this long about it." Ryou glanced at the clock. "When's our next class?"

"In about twenty minutes." Bakura gave the picture back to the boy sitting next to him.

"Okay." Ryou picked up his pencil again and wrote something on the picture. He shaded it and looked it over. When he was satisfied with it, he turned to Bakura again.

"Here." He put the picture on the desk beside his own. And watched the other boy look at it.

"It's for me?" He asked, confused as to why someone he'd just met would give him a gift.

"Yep." Ryou nodded, smiling.

"Thanks." Bakura smiled back and looked back at the picture.

"You're welcome."

Ryou sat beside Bakura in the rest of the classes for the day and they had found out some things about one another like, they both liked anime and manga. Ryou was a little surprised that someone like Bakura would be into something like manga, but at least they had something in common.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I hope this chapter turned out okay. I'm trying to update as many things as I can before school starts. School.. gotta hate it... unless you like it, but that's beside the point. And what exactly IS the point, you ask? The point is, please review!!!