Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Destined Duel ❯ Love Triangle ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Necropolis demon
Disclaimer: Still don't own YuGiOh.
Destined Duel
Chapter 2 Love Triangle
The pharaoh sat there on his throne eying the pale teen from head to toe. “So…what is your name and where do you come from?” he asked nicely, smiling when he saw the child fidget.
Ryou stood there shocked for a moment when he saw the so-called pharaoh, he looked like Yugi, and so he thought `this must be Yami, Yugi's alter ego'
“My name is Ryou… I come from a land called Japan…far away from here.” Ryou replied, bowing his head politely.
“Ryou…fascinating, I am Atemu by the way, so you come from a place you call Japan, how did you get here through the Shadow Realm? Are you perhaps a magician of some sort?” the tri color haired pharaoh asked.
“Magician? Me? No, I'm not.”
“Please explain to us how you got here…Ryou.” Asked the pharaoh nicely.
“I don't exactly know how but…I know you may not believe me err…sire, but I come from the future…so to speak.” The boy said softly, eyes focused on the floor.
At first there was silence in the vast room and then…the pharaoh came bursting out in laughter while his priest smirked mockingly.
“The future? Please don't play games with me pale one, though I am one who loves games I think you must answer this question seriously.” Said Atemu, wiping a tear that formed at the edge of his eyes while laughing.
“I…I'm not lying to you!” Ryou insisted, “It's true, I come from the future, so please…we all know I don't belong here so please help me get back.” He begged, looking at the pharaoh straight in the eye.
“If you come from the future prove it then.” Said Atemu.
“Well…um…Ok then” the teen dropped his school back and activated his duel disk. Upon seeing the `strange device' being activated, the two Egyptians watched Ryou in fascination as he placed a card on one of the card slots.
“Um, I summon Dark Necrofear!” and summon he did, Dark Necrofear appeared in front of the awestruck pharaoh in all it's morbid glory.
“How did you do that without opening the Shadow Realm?” exclaimed Atemu.
“I don't see any sacred tablets here, where did that come from?” Seth followed.
“Well it's a hologram image of Dark Necrofear, see?” Ryou waved his hand through the hologram showing that it was indeed just an illusion.
“What kind of sorcery is this? This creature is under your control?” asked the pharaoh who was looking intently at the illusion, “are you some sort of illusionist?”
Ryou gave a sigh and said, “If that's the way you want to put it, but it's all really my duel disk's doing, it's a hologram.”
“So this `duel disk' is from your world?”
“Yes, it's for a game called `duel monsters' that's based on…well, your Shadow games.”
“This-this is amazing!” Atemu stood and approached Ryou, fingering the device and staring at it in awe.
“Pharaoh Atemu, you are needed in the…” Mahado another high priest came rushing into the thrown room.
Ryou turned his head towards the priest and was once again dumbfounded by his looks. To his surprise, Mahado looked exactly like…like…the Dark Magician!
“Um…am I interrupting anything?” asked the new comer.
“No not at all…you were saying?”
“Ah yes, pharaoh you are needed, the other priests want to discuss issues about the thief king.” Said Mahado.
“Yes, yes of course.” Atemu nodded then glanced towards Ryou, “Ryou, I'm dreadfully sorry but I have to go attend to some business, Seth why don't you show him around the palace?” suggested the pharaoh.
“As you wish.” Said the brunette, bowing courteously.
“Um, I-I was wondering…pharaoh-” Ryou stuttered but was cut off by Atemu.
“Please call me Atemu.” He smiled.
“A-Atemu…I was wondering if I could…well…go outside the palace to do some sightseeing, you know. I kind of wanted to see more of Egypt.” The white haired teen requested bashfully.
The pharaoh thought for a moment, thinking about the dangers the pale teen could get into; he knew that it would be quite dangerous for Ryou to wander the streets without knowing a thing or two about the thieves in the area. “I'd love to let you out Ryou but not today, perhaps tomorrow, I'll even have Seth accompany you.” With that the pharaoh followed Mahado and they both left the room.
While walking in the halls, Atemu and his most trusted priest Mahado chatted about Ryou.
“Pharaoh who was that boy?” Mahado inquired. “His name is Ryou,” replied the King, “He's amazing with illusions! You should've seen him with his `duel disk' thing!”
“So...he is the one I've heard so much about.” Stated the priest. “Huh?” Atemu raised a brow.
“Everyone here in the palace has been talking about some sort of `white haired' youth who appeared out of no where, clad in blue with milk white skin as smooth as silk.”
The tri colored pharaoh chuckled, “So everyone's heard about Ryou,” he added with a serious tone in his voice, “I'm not that surprised, though I think we should keep this a secret, I wouldn't want all of Egypt to fuss about the boy especially with Bakura having his men lurking at every corner of the city.”
“Yes of course, do you really trust this stranger Pharaoh?” Mahado critically inquired.
“Most definitely!” he chirped.
Most of the day, Seth took Ryou on a little tour around the palace. He showed Ryou everything and introduced him to everyone in the palace, from the guards to some of the other priests to the healers and some officials, Ryou spent the whole day smiling and introducing himself to strangers he barely knew.
It was fun; Ryou reflected, to have Seth with him. The brunette had led him into various rooms wherein all sorts of statues and miniature sculptures were at. He showed the pale teen all sorts of amazing things like a small sculpture of Isis the mother goddess of fertility and nature, sacred tablets of shadow monsters, Seth even performed a little shadow magic for Ryou by summoning one of his Blue Eyed White dragons which Ryou immediately recognized.
By the end of the day the pair were tired of their endless scurrying from building to building. Ryou was acquainted with almost everyone in the palace and he became more comfortable with Seth who still wouldn't put down his stern façade.
It was night and the time to take Ryou back to his room came, the brunette led the pale one back to the room he had occupied earlier in the day, slightly disappointed that it was time to rest and leave the white haired teen for the night.
“Goodnight Seth…today was fun.” Chirped Ryou, right before he smiled and closed the door.
Seth stood in front of Ryou's door for a whole minute before turning back and walking down the hall. That smile, oh how he loved to see Ryou with that heart-warming smile, the way his eyes would shine like precious gems and the way his adorable dimples would show. Wait a minute! Did the great high priest Seth just think that the boy was beautiful?
Seth paused for a second in the middle of the hall, a taint of red on his cheeks, he had just thought of Ryou as some sort of angel. He shook his head in an attempt to clear his thoughts but to no avail. Sighing and letting his shoulders slightly slump in defeat, the Seth admitted to himself that he might possibly have a crush on the ethereal teen.
In Ryou's room, Ryou sat on the edge of the bed thinking about Seth. He had to admit that he sort of liked Seth, in a strange way. Though the priest was stern and cold just like the Seto Kaiba he knew, he was somewhat attracted to the other teen. Sighing in defeat, the teen stood up and sauntered to a nearby table where he had placed his belongings. He sat down on the said table and reached for his school bag. Ah yes, now where was it…ah here it was.
The teen took out a blue inked pen and wrote on the back pages of one of his notebooks:
Today has been an absolute dream and I don't know if it's real, I'm in ancient Egypt, and I've met the pharaoh Atemu and his high priest Seth. The pharaoh looks like Yugi and Seth looks like Kaiba, what's weirdest of all is…I think I've fallen in love with Seth.
The teen paused for a moment eyeing what he had written, thinking it was absurd to write about such. He made a move to tear the page but decided not to. If he really was in ancient Egypt, this could mean a whole new discovery for Science relating to time traveling and bending the bounds of reality and space. Ryou decided to use his notebook as a journal for his little adventure, who knows, he might one day be a famous scientist for his discovery of time travel through the shadow realm and besides…he really wanted to record everything that happened on that unforgettable day.
Leaving the notebook wide open on the table and yawning, he sighed again then stood up to saunter towards his bed. Falling promptly into sleep, the pale one slept a dreamless slumber.
In the pharaoh's bedchamber the pharaoh was lying down on his bed staring at the ceiling thinking about a certain white blond teen.
“Ryou of Japan…how beautiful.” He mused, stroking his wild mane.