Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Devotion ❯ Frustration ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

As requested, Joey. But I don't think I will do Tea next, sorry. In my opinion, she's the one who knows the most (besides Pegasus) about what's really going on, so I want to do her last. Pegasus's probably second to last, and Kaiba right before him. Probably Tristan next. Any objections?

Oh yeah, and as you can probably tell, I'm doing this from memory. I should wait to do anymore `till after watching the episode again, but don't worry, I have it! If there are any errors, I probably won't fix them immediately unless they're major. I have a good memory for thing I'm obsessed with, though.

Disclaimer: Look, if I owned Yu-gi-oh, Kaiba's the one who would have ended up in a doggy suit.

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

Go Yug! Wipe the floor with that Kaiba!

Yeah, he's just bluffin'. No way he cares enough about anyone to do that. Not like I care about my little sis…what a cheap trick.

Wha…why are you yelling at him Tea?

Wha…why'd you stop, Yug? You HAD that cheating sob.

I mean, it's bad that Pegasus has his little bro.

I mean, I don' like Mokuba much, what with him tryin' to poison me an' all, but he did tell that guard who was about to shoot us to knock it off. And he did save Tristan from those blocks.

Even so, it was real underhanded, what I'd expect of a Kaiba, to steal that poor kid's star chips and get him tossed off the island, but he did do it to help out his bro.

Ya gotta admire that. I mean, Kaiba's a complete jerk, and Mokuba should hate his guts after that `penalty game' thing with the holographic monsters at Death-T.

I wonder what the heck that was all about?

Doing something like that to your own flesh and blood? That's why I hate Kaiba.

Having Mokuba lure us over by pretending to be friendly; threaten us to get Yugi's Gramps to duel him an' lose that card his friend gave to him; nearly kill him with that holo thing when he lost; and then rip up that card?

That's really low.

That's why he ticks me off so much. I mean, callin' me a dog? Where do you get off, you son of a b*tch?

I was holding it in `till then.

Yug doesn't like fighting, and he was being all nice to Kaiba, giving him his deck like that…

I remember him saying something to Mokuba after he dueled Kiaba at Death-T, something about Kaiba finding hisself or something? Something about a puzzle?

I donno.

Anyways, Yug seemed to think Kaiba had changed. Yug's a pretty good judge of people, an' Kaiba didn't need me raggin' on him what with his brother an' all.

"You will be compensated for your services."

That bastard. Sayin' that to Yug.

I lost it. My mom always used to tell me to ignore jerks like that, they aren' worth my time, but I let him get to me.

An' then I got my butt kicked. Way to go Joey. He'll listen to you now.

What the heck's all this? Yug has another spirit inside him? Like you? What are you talkin' about, Ryou?

Wait a sec.

That dream.

Me the Flame Swordsman, in that darn dress. Why do I like a card with a dress? Red Eyes is way cooler.

Knocking out Tris' ta' save him from getting sacrificed by…

Big Yugi. `The cool one up there.' Fightin'…another Ryou?

It's crazy, but…

It explains a lot.

Why little Yug' sometimes seems all serious all of a sudden. One sec he's doing the smart thing an' turning down Kaiba's challenge, the next he's ready to go.

What Tristan said when I asked why Yug was dueling Mokuba in disguise when we could have jus' beat him up and taken back that poor kid's star chips.

"Dude, sometimes I don't think even Yugi knows why he does half the stuff he does."

It makes too much sense.

Wha!

You're never going to duel again?

But…what about Gramps?

I mean, he is a hard case, but I owe him. It's because of his training that I made it this far, this close to savin' my sis.

An' he's Yug's grampa!

You're just going to give up?

What happened to the Yug' I know?

The one who tried to protect Tris' an' me from that Ushio jerk?

The one who doesn't give up even when that jerk Kaiba seems unbeatable?

The one who goes to the arcade with me?

The one who tells me not to lose faith, an' gives me hints, jus' hints, not orders, when it seems like I'm scr*ew*d?

The little guy I look up to?

If there are two Yugis, which is my friend?

The cool one, or the puny one?

If the puny one is the real Yug, an' the cool one is like some demon possessin' him or something,' am I betrayin' Yug by admiring him?

Damn you Kaiba.

Things were fine until you showed up. We were getting into the castle, we knew nothin' would stop us from helpin' our families…

Until you showed up.

Come on, Yug, you can't let him do this to ya.

D*mn, why am I doin' this to Yug? It's Kaiba I want to strangle.

And now Mai thinks I'm psycho. Way to go, Joey.

D*mn you, Kaiba.

D*mn you.

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

Author's notes: Sorry Sansi, I knew should have made this more clear, but I had to stick with Yugi's pov. Yami has not sealed himself off from Yugi. He probably should have, but he's too distraught to. The reason Yugi is feeling only despair is that that's what Yami's feeling too. He's not really accustomed to telling the difference between their feelings. So, both he and Yami are miserable because of what just happened, Yugi is worse because he thinks Yami is ignoring him, Yami is worse because he thinks Yugi doesn't want to talk to him…their misery is a vicious circle. I knew when I wrote that that I could confuse people, sorry.

Here's my policy on review acknowledgements: I'm going to try put them at the end of the next chapter of that story I write, unless I've got a time limit, in which case it will be the one after that. I'm going to put them at the end to encourage you to read the whole thing, not that you need encouragement. ;)

Dorie Kaiba: Hello!!!! Did you like the pix?

Smilely Face Mel: I liked your story, and thanks for e-mailing me to, that was nice.

Sansi: Thanks for reminding me not everyone got that. Some people did get it, right? Tell I didn't write it totally opaquely (sorry, I use big words).

SilverLily aka Blood Moon: Glad you liked the reviews; I really like your stories, new chapter soon? Great!!!!! Thanks for the e-mail. Sorry, I'll try to get through all the others soon so we can get to the important part. I was thinking of doing a monologue with quotes from Yami's pov, should I do another conversation piece?

Amber Eyes: Thanks for the suggestion, I was thinking of doing Kaiba next and that wouldn't have worked. I want to do in decreasing order of cluelessness.

IMPORTANT!!!!!!: Ok, to explain things: I'm doing this midway between the manga and the anime. Death-T happened, but the others did not find out about Yami then. The other stuff happened too, except they meet Bakura at Duelist Kingdom instead of in the Monster World RPG. Any questions?