Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Devotion ❯ What I think... ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Gods, this is my third chapter in 17 hours. I'm going to try for four today!

Also done without watching the episodes. Sorry!

Disclaimer: Do I own Yu-gi-oh? Were the animators paying any attention to Yami's personality in the Rafael duel? The answer is…NO!

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

I'm not as surprised as I should be.

Things have been strange since we met Yugi.

I mean, Yugi goes to get those shoes back and the next thing he knows the shoes are in his hands and the shop owner's going to the hospital for a scorpion sting?

That jerk who held Tea hostage has Yugi bring him a drink and some cigs, and some guy challenges him to a game and he sets himself on fire?

At that dance studio Yugi found for Tea, they both get knocked out.

Tea says when she woke up, the mugger was on the ground and Yugi was asking if she was ok.

Yugi's version was that when he came to Tea was already on her feet.

I mean, there's such a thing as a concussion, right? It's natural Yugi could have been a little woozy.

I guess not.

What Ryou said, about Yugi having another spirit inside him…

It explains too much.

Like that weird dream: I remembered hurting like hell when the White Magical Hat killed me. I remember it was freezing in that graveyard.

You're not supposed to feel things in dreams.

But I could have dreamt I felt it.

I remember two Yugis. The big one up there, and one in the Dark Magician card.

I remember the confidant voice of Yugi telling Kaiba he'd never back down.

I remember the desperate voice of Yugi telling the Celtic Guardian to stop.

I remember Yugi gently convincing me to come back when I stormed off in a huff and left Joey to battle Rex Raptor.

I remember Yugi confidently supporting Joey, giving the hint he needed to win against Mai.

I remember the way the big Yugi looked at the little one, in the dream that wasn't.

Joey asked the question that was on my mind when I came back from the graveyard.

If you're here, who is that?

If our Yugi is the one who stopped the attack, who or what is the other one?

That other spirit of Bakura's was nasty as hell. He told us what he was going to do to Yugi, asked which of us wanted to die first.

I mean, man-eater bug. Who would use a card like that in real life?

Is the other one like that as well?

I mean, he was willing to kill Kaiba.

But…

I remember how he looked at Yugi when Yugi said he didn't know who he was. The way he cocked his head to the side and said, "Don't you?" Affectionatly, teasingly.

I remember the panic in his voice when Yugi attacked the electric lizard.

I saw how he looked when Yugi got shocked: like he felt every sting. Like he blamed himself.

When Joey yelled at him to sacrifice him to destroy the man-eater bug, he didn't want to do it, then he nodded, acknowledging Joey's bravery, and did it.

When the other spirit taunted him with his plan to use change of heart on Yugi, his voice when he said "Leave the young one out of this."

Young one? And why would he care if we were just pieces in a game/

And his voice…steel and stone, but underneath that…fear. Fear of losing? No. I've seen him duel, I know now. He's proven he will not give up till the bitter end.

Fear…for Yugi.

And what the other spirit said…

The other Yugi's purpose is to protect Yugi? To guide him?

It fits. It explains so much.

Then…why?

Why attack Kaiba?

That's obvious as well.

Yugi needs his grandpa. Therefore, he needs to duel Pegasus to win him back.

Kaiba was an obstacle.

Kaiba was willing to sacrifice himself, like Joey was, to save his brother.

And like he did Joey, the spirit took him up on it.

That's cold. Harsh. But…

If he can take over Yugi and make him forget it, than he could have prevented Yugi from taking back his body in order to stop the attack.

But he didn't.

He yielded to Yugi in a split second.

Yugi is afraid his spirit is like Ryou's. That he's willing to kill to win, no matter what Yugi wants.

He may be willing to kill, but he's just proven that Yugi doesn't need to worry.

Yugi's afraid. Terrified. He doesn't need to be.

I'd tell him that, but what do I know?

Yugi's the one who's got this spirit in his head. He knows it better than anyone. He doesn't need my advice on how to handle it.

Maybe the spirit was just surprised that Yugi defied him.

I don't know.

I hope I'm right and Yugi can duel and rescue his Grandpa without anyone else being in danger, but…

I don't know.

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

Did I do okay? They don't really go into Tristan's character on the show. I interpreted him the way he is in the manga, when they talk about Joey's past. Seeing past people's surfaces, admiring strength…He kind of acts like a doofus on the show, more towards the beginning of the show and in situations involving Serenity, but I think he's pretty mature underneath it all. Is it too OOC? Please let me know!